Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    don't think it's "Obvious" Reeva has to be overcome by Lorna in the show BTW... we simply don't know enough yet to assert that. and I hope it's not the case (because I want to root for both of them).
    It couldn't be any more obvious then if one got hit in the head with a sledgehammer that the conflict with Reeva and Lorna will come to a head. But, overcome can mean separate things, from take over to build her own set of views and power base and basically turn the Inner Circle back into the Hellfire Club... or fight with Reeva and run back to the Mutant Underground with Esme and Andy.

They have set up Reeva and the baby as the force separating Eclaris and 'true love' that must be overcome, but the baby, romantic soap and Lorna the backseat driver could honestly utterly kill the season for Lorna's character. When I say backseat driver, think Catlin season 1. My suspicion is the show will wuss out on the ideological divide and go for straight Reeva and her minions vs the MU, but I certainly hope it doesn't and can manage three sets of views.

The early reviews are coming out for the first episode.

http://themarvelreport.com/2018/09/t...ason-2-review/

I am simply gobsmacked and SHOCKED that there are NO plans for Lorna at all. That's just NUTS. Makes no sense.

How do you even explain that?

Is it really just a case of their current writers not being sufficiently interested?

Or... is it more about higher-up strategizing, and trying to stray away from moral ambiguity/cutting political commentary?
    Lorna will be in 90s cameo queen role various places its seems.

They know they are treating her differently then other comparable hit characters on Marvel television, but those come with standing orders to promote from on high. Regardless ideas with the character will develop without them.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-21-2018 at 10:50 AM.