Page 89 of 109 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1634

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    So she's expected to return to Uncanny post Age of X-Man?
    We dont know. The book is going in a different direction and we'll likely get a massive status quo shakeup in 2019 when all the X-men are reunited.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Unfortunately, we don't know what will happen post AOX-Men. Hopefully Polaris will pop up somewhere, and can get through all of this unscathed.

So she's expected to return to Uncanny post Age of X-Man?
    My sense is they are waiting on guidance from Marvel Studios before setting out their long term Uncanny X-Men cast. Lets face it who the films want to be the core X-Men are in the end going to be the core X-Men for quite a few years. The Uncanny cast post Age of X-Men I am expecting reduced to less then half the current cast and that isn't counting Kitty and certain others. There are also rumors of a late 2019 event before finally setting out the cast for 2020 and perhaps longer.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-27-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

This is my concern, where things are going with her seem very ambiguous. She doesn't appear to have a very stable position in the books. And I'm not sure if any character deaths are expected as a part of this shake up.

It's really great that Thompson has bought her in, I'm really enjoying that and her unexpected role in this. I don't get the sense the writers have a solid role for her beyond this though. So that leaves me paranoid.
    Last edited by Mitteloss; 11-27-2018 at 02:49 PM.
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

This is my concern, where things are going with her seem very ambiguous. She doesn't appear to have a very stable position in the books. And I'm not sure if any character deaths are expected as a part of this shake up.
    My sense for Uncanny is she is mainly there at the moment because a higher profile and one of the writers of Disassembled realized Nate turning Magneto into his Horseman of Peace (seemingly to help reshape the world) requires someone to give a damn about Magneto to be emotional relevant. In the 90s Quicksilver, Xavier and Rogue were the designated give a damn about what is happening with Mags characters, but for various reasons none work in that role at the moment.

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...25563296546818
    The Horseman of Peace

But, by the same token no it doesn't place her into a stable position anywhere and no I don't think she will be Uncanny at least as a core cast of Uncanny post Age of X-Man. But, that said I am hoping they figure out something to do with her that keeps her involved with the core of x-events.

My point yesterday was Genosha really gave her the kind of built in drama to work on New X-Men and Uncanny and spice up her relationships for several years last decade. She needs something along those lines or I can't see her staying around major events once fans from live action stop coming in.

Lorna's face is front page on Marvel.com right now so she is getting a profile boost from live action that might not be there in a year or two.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-27-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I'm very excited for this! I didn't expect for things to be thrown up in the air for Polaris and the Inner Circle so soon in this season, the ending of episode 7 was a real game changer!

This back story episode is a real treat! So lucky to have Emma!
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

My sense for Uncanny is she is mainly there at the moment because a higher profile and one of the writers of Disassembled realized Nate turning Magneto into his Horseman of Peace (seemingly to reshape the world) requires someone to give a damn about Magneto to be emotional relevant. In the 90s Quicksilver, Xavier and Rogue were the designated give a damn about what is happening with Mags characters, but for various reasons none work in that role at the moment.

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

But, by the same token no it doesn't place her into a stable position anywhere and no I don't think she will be Uncanny at least as a core cast post Age of X-Men. But, that said I am hoping they figure out something to do with her that keeps her involved with the core of x-events.

My point yesterday was Genosha really gave her the kind of built in drama to work on New X-Men and Uncanny for several years last decade. She needs something along those lines or I can't see her staying around major events once fans from live action stop coming in.

Lorna's face is front page on Marvel.com right now so she is getting a profile boost from live action that might not be there in a year or two.
    Ah ok, this sounds like it may be more of what I was looking for if the Age of X-Man stuff plays out like this!

A well deserved boost, and on her 50th anniversary year! The Gifted has really built her up and Marvel should really take stock in this show and characters given it's potential, glad it's getting notice! I hope it can continue to.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm trying to remain optimistic. We don't know anything about the status quo after Age of X-Man, but I too am worried about what could happen to Lorna. Fingers crossed that they don't use Polaris' character as a cheap plot device.

This is concerning... so she's no longer in the book by #10 and the event is called Disassembled. She's been bought in without much back story too. I'd be fairly worried.
    The worst case scenario people tend to envision (which isn't really the worst possible scenario, but I digress) is one I'm not at all concerned about happening at the moment. If Marvel's smart, they won't do it. If they do it, it would be a mistake with consequences much bigger than they would be ready to handle. I'd even be able to just sit back and watch it all unfold, that's how big the consequences would be.

Based on the past few years especially, I think the more likely scenarios are either Marvel refusing to use her, or Marvel actively using her poorly. Her use on Uncanny so far has been good, but then I said the same for Secret Wars and we know what happened after that. Use in itself is the important first step.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Bad link here is the real one.

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...25563296546818

Mind you Mr. Wizard isn't playing with a full deck to put it mildly. Given Nate and Legion seem to be warping the universe here death doesn't mean death even by comic standards.

What do you mean what you were looking for?
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-28-2018 at 05:24 AM.

Teen Lorna giving a one fingered salute.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-27-2018 at 03:45 PM.

In "dreaM," the next episode of The Gifted, Polaris will get an iconic piece of her comic book mythology. Per the trailer for the episode, the magnetic mutant will don her metal headpiece, but it's not just for show. Speaking to CBR, Polaris actor Emma Dumont teased the origin of her headpiece, its significance to the show moving forward and how it ties back to Magneto and her troubled past.

"So I always like to say Lorna's father had a nemesis that was a telepath -- a frenemy who was a telepath -- and so he wore a helmet to protect himself and so, in this season, Polaris has a frenemy that is a telepath, Esme, and she needs something to protect herself!" she told CBR. "So we saw at the end of last season that Polaris had a gift, a keepsake, and this season we sort of explore more what that is and where it came from. It came from her father and, for people who really have a good eye, they'll notice it's actually the symbol from Magneto's helmet -- one of the many renditions of his helmet."

"So she uses this. There's something in her that just tells her she should use this thing to protect herself, and she does," she continued. "She, by hand, molds herself a headpiece, which is very cool... I cried when I put it on for the first time, when we shot the first scene, and I'm really excited for people to see it."

"So, in the comics, Polaris has a really rough upbringing. Starting right away, she kills both her parents in a plane crash, which is so tragic! And then, from there, it sort of gets more crazy," she explained. "This season, we actually use a lot of the original mythology in our storytelling and it is revealed that her parents died in a plane crash when she was one and there's a whole episode dedicated to Polaris' upbringing and how she came to be the way she is. What resentments she holds, what scares her, what makes her so bitter. And it's interesting!"

"I think it's really good for her that she gets to go back and revisit this part of her life when she's about to become a mother. And, through this journey, she kind of starts to realize that Magneto did the things he did for a specific reason. She resents him, and she has resented him her whole life, thinking he abandoned her, but now she's starting to realize, like, 'Oh, he didn't abandon me. He was protecting me, because he needed to go save the world.' And so she's kind of forgiving her dad in a way throughout the season."
    https://www.cbr.com/gifted-polaris-h...ampaign=CBR-TW

Emma Dumont CBR interview.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-27-2018 at 03:54 PM.

I dug up the only comic book rendition ever of pre-teen or early teen Lorna (in Civil War House of M by Chris Gage) for the occasion.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I dug up the only comic book rendition ever of pre-teen or early teen Lorna (in Civil War House of M by Chris Gage) for the occasion.

She just posted it to Instagram as well.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqs4VyZl...=15j9hk58iv0vj