Page 73 of 109 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1634

Now's a good time to give this reminder.

The Daily Show used Lorna as the image for a Jade Helm joke back in 2015. Consider that they could've used so, so many other characters, most notably any random Green Lantern. They chose Lorna. Not only that, they chose to have Captain America in the background involved in this, implying that kind of connection between them.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks Juan, but it needs some balance from next week’s promo.

I will say that relationships with almost no built in drama attached was and still is a huge historic problem with comic Lorna and her relationships with almost all other core characters.

They used some Austen/Milligan/second run PAD Lorna temper without going full Milligan with Lorna. Full Milligan meant other characters like Wolverine and Emma didn’t really respect Lorna like under the previous run.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-07-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Loved this moment! Reminded me of when Polaris attacked Longshot and Monet in X-Factor. Very comic inspired I thought. Shouldn't wear metal around Lorna lol.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 11-07-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Last edited by juan678; 11-07-2018 at 01:07 PM.

The chainmail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh, love this. Though while I love the style they've crafted for the character, and love how they find ways to incorporate metal, I do wish they would add just a little green here and there. Just to break it up a bit.

Thank you for blessing this thread, juan!

Thanks Soulsword323

The fan response to last night to Lorna and Esme was extremely positive.

From Emma and Skyler today.

Thanks Juan.

One of the biggest differences in comments online to a scene like that over the past year is a switch from social media away from terms like she went “full Magneto” to she went “full Polaris”.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kennykral...83240348491777

https://mobile.twitter.com/XManRises...84250357866496
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-08-2018 at 06:14 AM.

The Gifted - Episode 2.08 - the dreaM

CHAOS ENSUES IN THE INNER CIRCLE'S WAKE ON AN ALL-NEW "THE GIFTED" TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, ON FOX

In attempts to stabilize Reed's powers, Reed, Caitlin and Lauren meet with Dr. Risman, a doctor who treats patients with debilitating X genes. However, Lauren finds out Dr. Risman is not who she thought she was. Following the Inner Circle's bank ambush, Thunderbird and Blink continue to work together to chase them down. Meanwhile, Polaris reflects on her troubled relationship with her father and takes steps to protect Dawn from the Inner Circle in the all-new "the dreaM" episode of THE GIFTED airing Tuesday, Nov. 27 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GIF-208) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Stephen Moyer as Reed Strucker; Amy Acker as Caitlin Strucker; Sean Teale as Eclipse/Marcos Diaz; Jamie Chung as Blink/Clarice Fong aka Clarice Ferguson; Coby Bell as Jace Turner; Emma Dumont as Polaris/Lorna Dane; Blair Redford as Thunderbird/John Proudstar; Natalie Alyn Lind as Lauren Strucker; Percy Hynes White as Andy Strucker; Skyler Samuels as Frost Sisters/Esme, Sophie and Phoebe; Grace Byers as Reeva Payge

Guest Cast: Angelica Bette Fellini as Twist, Kate Burton as Dr. Madeline Risman, Ken Kirby as Noah

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/11/th...eam-press.html
    Lorna’s backstory episode will be in three weeks at the last week of November.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-07-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Cool finally Madeline Risman appears, and nice that Lauren finds out about what she REALLY is

Hmmm.... idk how I feel about this Lorna protecting Dawn FROM her own team business....ah geez

But yes the backstory for Lorna will be a massive plus
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I'm so, so, so, excited for this show to have Lorna explore her feeling about being the child/heir of Magneto. Its nice to see the writers dig deep in the character, and I'm guessing this is what'll eventually lead to her creating the headpiece. I think Emma said it was episode 9 that we saw it? Or perhaps its eight. Super excited!

Episode #8 Emma said she was on the set balling her eyes out and yes it’s about when they needed the head cast. The title of the episode ‘The Dream’ is really smart so many ways. Magneto’s dream. Lorna’s dream. What her father had to sacrifice for a better future for her and the situation she is in. Past, present and future.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-07-2018 at 07:26 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Episode #8 Emma said she was on the set balling her eyes out and yes it’s about when they needed the head cast. The title of the episode ‘The Dream’ is really smart so many ways. Magneto’s dream. Lorna’s dream. What her father had to sacrifice for a better future for her and the situation she is in. Past, present and future.
    Need to find out what this show's Lorna's dream is then. I thought it was what the Inner Circle's dream was....
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY