Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1634

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    When was the last time Lorna was face to face with She Hulk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm not sure if the two have ever interacted. I'm not recalling anything currently.
    Doc Samson in the 90s?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Doc Samson in the 90s?

Ok..wow..not even during Onslaught, huh? Well I figured the editors couldnt resist putting these two together a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    When was the last time Lorna was face to face with She Hulk?
    This was made at some point but I don't know when or where.

In other news, here's a request done by bikenesmith, of a punk Lorna crushing a Nazi helmet.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Polaris featured in an all female X-Squad by Daniel McNea. Link to their Twitter: https://twitter.com/Magniflorious

Really enjoy their costume for Polaris in particular. Nice to see purple utilized with the dark green, and also love their take on the headpiece. If you added Karma, and Monet, this would be a kick ass lineup for a female team.
    WOW!!! Danny Boy really outdid himself this time. My 3 best girls all TOGETHER in 1 pic - Merry Xmas to me, this is PHENOMENAL!

I like the headpiece, too, and the glowing bits on it & the armbands. The arrow shape pointing up (north) at the neckline, also, for sure. And OMG, WOULD IT EVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I love that too but I think Magik looks a bit off to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    No bangs. Other than that, it's great.
    Pretty sure http://danieldoodles.tumblr.com/ / https://www.deviantart.com/lightengale / https://community.cbr.com/member.php?873-Lightengale used Anya Taylor-Joy's forthcoming live action version as inspiration:

... same as he did with Emma Dumont, for Polaris:

The likenesses to them, are unmistakable IMO, and quite uncanny.

I'm not seeing Blu Hunt in Moonstar, tho, or Halston Sage in Dazzler. Regardless, this is pure promo material perfection, and needs to be spread around.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 12-22-2018 at 07:03 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Polaris featured in an all female X-Squad by Daniel McNea. Link to their Twitter: https://twitter.com/Magniflorious

Really enjoy their costume for Polaris in particular. Nice to see purple utilized with the dark green, and also love their take on the headpiece. If you added Karma, and Monet, this would be a kick ass lineup for a female team.
    Magik looks like Emma Frost and Dani looks like Jubilee.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Magik looks like Emma Frost and Dani looks like Jubilee.
    It's probably because the artist based the piece on an all-female X-Men cover.

I have two things to mention. First, this tweet.

Another case of fans are recognizing key facets of Lorna even though Marvel won't do it. When I kept pushing for Marvel to acknowledge these things, it was an opening for them to get ahead of the curve instead of having to play catch-up just to be 3-4 years behind everyone else (a perpetual problem Marvel has; see also Secret Empire).

And now for the other thing. I've seen a fair amount of people on Twitter suddenly saying the want Polaris and Havok stuff. Sometimes it's "they should get married," sometimes it's "they should have a kid," sometimes it's "they should have a couples book."

This is a mistake at this moment. Here's how the 00s went, a mix of what I've heard after the fact and what I personally saw at the tail end.

• Polaris and Havok are separated
    • Marvel struggles for years to realize Lorna has any value of her own
    • Finally, Marvel actually starts tapping into Lorna's value, and bringing back things that were long abandoned
    • Polaris starts to rapidly gain popularity
    • People suddenly show up out of nowhere demanding Lorna get stuck with Havok again
    • Marvel listens and forces Havok on Lorna again
    • Lorna loses key character development (e.g. Genosha) to focus on her as Havok's girlfriend
    • People who said they wanted Lorna with Havok suddenly disappear
    • Lorna's stuck in limbo, has no appearances anywhere, etc

There are various reasons that people might say they want the two together. Some of them mean perfectly well and don't realize what would really happen if they got their wish. Some are Havok fans who want to exploit Lorna to boost Havok's profile. Some are fans of other characters who think putting her back beneath Havok will keep her from "competing" with their own faves getting use and respect. Still others are blinded by nostalgia, supporting the two together just cause "that's the way it should be" to get back to a past era they grew up with.

I'm not saying Lorna with Havok can never be good. But the only way it will ever be good is by giving Lorna enough respect, use and time to establish who she is and what she has to offer as her own character. Marvel has proven repeatedly across 50 years what happens if Havok is forced on Lorna before this can happen. She gets sent into a civilian life and loses Jean as her best friend and her status as the second woman to join the X-Men. She gets sent into space, loses her having survived the Genoshan genocide and all she went through afterward with her trauma. She's forced to be Havok's MPDG on Blue, her history with the O5 and the potential of the Malice storyline were lost to accommodate the primary role reserved for her that focused on Havok.

Marvel has a consistent pattern of mistreating Lorna whenever she's around Havok that spans decades. Marvel needs to break that pattern before her dynamics with Havok can ever be good.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Ultimate Member

I didn't disappear, the thread is now pretty much all about the show and about how she's Magneto's kid and little else, how her views have to mirror his...and notice I've never bashed the show and aren't about to start now...if they joined the MCU I don't see how they couldn't have Lorna interact with Alex, and the storyline on the Gifted would have little to nothing to do with the MCU storyline...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I think there's a good balance of talking about the show, and the things that happen in the comics. These past couple weeks we've talked more about comics with the The Gifted on Winter break. Seeing as how Polaris and Magneto interacted briefly in Uncanny, people are talking with a bit of a focus on them because of that, and not because that's all people want to talk about.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 12-23-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Ultimate Member

I can understand the part from Uncanny and aren't bashing that part, it's just that some fans here seem to want Lorna to just be a female clone of Magneto and that she can't be anything else or can't strongly disagree with him on anything, we've seen her strongly disagree with Alex way back when...and no I've never wanted her as just Alex's girlfriend either regardless of what some will and have said...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I don't think anyone here wants Lorna to just be a female Magneto. There are differences between them, but they do have things in common as well, and when writers forget that its frustrating. Polaris can come across as one note when people forget that.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I didn't disappear, the thread is now pretty much all about the show and about how she's Magneto's kid and little else, how her views have to mirror his...and notice I've never bashed the show and aren't about to start now...if they joined the MCU I don't see how they couldn't have Lorna interact with Alex, and the storyline on the Gifted would have little to nothing to do with the MCU storyline...
    That would be silly and it's what many people fear about the Disney takeover. General character and thematic regression and a lurch towards comedic vapidity and emphasis on costuming and things of that nature rather than dealing with provocative social issues which is a big part of the X-Men.

It's also so ridiculous to be like Polaris has to either be Havok armcandy or she is a Magneto clone

There is a whole world between those things and as far as I can tell she's never really been portrayed as Magneto clone. Sometimes in the comics almost but not really. And definitely even on the show where it kind of is getting close to that territory, there are lots of obvious differences.

Different strokes for different folks

I've said before I am not 100% absolutely opposed to her being in a relationship with Havok

BUT I definitely want her to embrace more of her dad's legacy also and feel more conflicted about her "place" as a mutant, it ought to reflect her stances and behaviors.

I also don't get why people should have to feel guilty for discussing her in a TV show... that's a big deal? Why wouldn't we discuss that or focus on it? Particularly if we find her most recent/current comics outings lackluster.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 12-23-2018 at 07:44 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Ultimate Member

I didn't say anything of the sort about Lorna Abnormally, only that the attack that many people here use against me when I point out things that I disagree with is that they think I want Lorna as nothing more than Alex's armcandy which I have NEVER once wanted or supported...people here want Lorna to have the same views as Magneto, same views and philosophy and dress as much like him as possible...shouldn't she be able to have her own opinions...like say a star basketball players kid could hate basketball...or something like that...

I didn't say that anyone should feel guilty about discussing the show, only that this thread became much more about the show than the comic book character for a good long while...just that I think sometimes people confuse the two different realities...

Again I didn't say anything about not dealing with social issues, just that the situation in the MCU is VERY different than the one shown on The Gifted and you can't just bolt the smaller one onto the bigger one and call it good for the sake of one character...

For once, I'm going to outright say: I wasn't even thinking about you.

I think there's a good balance of talking about the show, and the things that happen in the comics. These past couple weeks we've talked more about comics with the The Gifted on Winter break. Seeing as how Polaris and Magneto interacted briefly in Uncanny, people are talking with a bit of a focus on them because of that, and not because that's all people want to talk about.
    It's understandably difficult to talk about much on here outside the show because Marvel isn't really doing much of anything with her. A few good scenes in a major X-Men event, finally happening for her after a decade kept out, but there's not a whole lot to discuss.

Aside from that, I've given up making any intentional effort at starting discussions on here (e.g. "What is everyone's thoughts on..."). Nobody ever wants to talk about any of it. I say it, there are no posts for like a day or two, then we're talking about what costume she should be wearing for the 50th time and repeating what we already said. So, I save those efforts for other sites (Tumblr until recently; likely WordPress and Twitter soon).

I don't think anyone here wants Lorna to just be a female Magneto. There are differences between them, but they do have things in common as well, and when writers forget that its frustrating. Polaris can come across as one note when people forget that.
    While I think anyone wanting Lorna to just be a "female Magneto" is rare, I also think some people want her to mostly take after Magneto and follow his lead rather than forging her own path.

I think the early parts of X-Men Blue where she got introduced as "daughter of Magneto" and acted surprised by an attack on HQ so Magneto could "correct" her were symptoms of this issue. Also, possibly Gifted killing off Dreamer. Since Dreamer's continued existence kept the door open for Lorna to be something lighter and more upbeat than "her father's daughter." And arguably why Lorna was written as if she didn't care about Magneto being brainwashed in Uncanny.

We can complain about such scenes all day, as we should, but we also have to remember that what we've accepted in the past subconsciously shapes what writers think the character should be like in the future. Creators have picked up an impression that she should be "darker, like her father" and have interpreted it as they will.

None of this is meant to suggest that Lorna shouldn't get to have Magneto for a father or interact with him. I want both.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I've said before I am not 100% absolutely opposed to her being in a relationship with Havok

BUT I definitely want her to embrace more of her dad's legacy also and feel more conflicted about her "place" as a mutant, it ought to reflect her stances and behaviors.
    If I'm misunderstanding what you mean, please correct me.

Post-Genosha, I don't see any reason for her to feel conflicted about her place as a mutant. She survived a horrific genocide where the millions who died looked up to her as their princess and expected her to save them. She also had such a huge identity crisis when she lost her powers that she was willing to be nearly killed hoping it would reactivate her powers. At this point, she should be firmly proud of her mutanthood and seeking to help and uplift other mutants to honor those millions of lost Genoshans.

Before Genosha, I would've agreed. She could've questioned if mutanthood was a curse and the like, hence dyeing her hair brown when she was a teen. But not currently.

As for Havok. I don't say this much, but I actually do see some ways their relationship could be done well. I even have songs to match. I never post them because I know what would happen. People that want to force the pairing would spread my ideas around. Marvel would stupidly think I just said I'd come around to Havok forced on Lorna if they do "this one weird trick." I'm not offering up anything until Lorna gets what she needs.
    Last edited by salarta; 12-23-2018 at 08:52 PM.

Ultimate Member

I just view it that Lorna can get what she needs and still be in a relationship with Alex, I think that it was mostly how Marvel treated the pair, sure Alex has made mistakes and he's paid for them, I just view it should be more that while Lorna agrees with Magneto's aims of protecting mutants and such she'd just go about achieving that goal perhaps very differently than he would, besides right now we know next to nothing about Alex's views so I can't compare the two and I don't expect him to get any push with Scott returning and Logan back as well...

BANNED

I can understand the part from Uncanny and aren't bashing that part, it's just that some fans here seem to want Lorna to just be a female clone of Magneto and that she can't be anything else or can't strongly disagree with him on anything, we've seen her strongly disagree with Alex way back when...and no I've never wanted her as just Alex's girlfriend either regardless of what some will and have said...
    If I'm not mistaken, dont you whine about Magneto on a daily basis?? And even worse... you act like Alex Summers, a Uncle Tom character, has been dealt some sort of bad hand. He is boring. He lacks charisma. That's not what the Lorna Dane appearances should revolve around.

Magneto? He's always at the forefront. The entire revitalization of the X line under Claremont came from making Magneto the centerpiece and then sales went through the roof. Lorna debuted as Magneto's daughter...they're finally making up for lost time. Which is what everyone wants if you look on instagram... twitter....its nonstop. Emma Dumont..she wants a Magneto appearance on the show more than anything. They cant pay Emma Dumont to give a damn about Havok..that's how irrevelant he is.