Page 12 of 109 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

art by Magickmarker

BANNED

BANNED

We will see, but suffice it to say the family is immensely popular even among a new generation of fans getting into to Marvel now via live action where they have a wall between them. Marvel repaired one famous family this year after all.

Live action regrowing/growing global interest in the family even with the studio divide and Axis has been one of the strange features of recient times. It’s been coming from ordinary global fans themselves.

Case in Point
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-13-2018 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Ha. That is funny even though I don't think I agree

Polaris' presence in BLUE were her best showings since certain aspects of ANXF which was in 2013/2014

I'll just re-iterate that my main problem with her in BLUE was *we needed more*.

But I was so happy she got to be in an actual squad, with an actual uniform, and engage in some action. She came off as intimidating and powerful overall.

She made her peace with Havok AND Magneto (well a partial sort of peace with Magneto).

She had a decent (but minor) interaction with Emma Frost.

Yes a lot more could have been done sure.

But compare this to how she was used in the end of the Magneto solo? Bunn learned and improved massively
    It was totally a joke, I think Blue's been great, I love Bunn and, really, I'm fine with Lorna being a supporting cast member (at times). I think Blue was ultimately good for her.

I just saw the panel on a reread and couldn't resist!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Magickmarker
    Lmao this is amazing. The shirt. Punting Logan into space.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Lmao this is amazing. The shirt. Punting Logan into space.
    To quote Isaac Newton: ‘What goes up...’

Last edited by jmc247; 08-13-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Magickmarker
    I'd noticed waitingforthet hadn't done something with Lorna in it for a while. Glad they did.

Meanwhile, by MissNicaStone:

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    ... I'm fine with Lorna being a supporting cast member (at times). I think Blue was ultimately good for her. ...
    I agree with both you & AN, I think her appearances in Blue were a net positive, overall.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    It was totally a joke, I think Blue's been great, I love Bunn and, really, I'm fine with Lorna being a supporting cast member (at times). I think Blue was ultimately good for her.

I just saw the panel on a reread and couldn't resist!
    For the record, it's not Lorna used as a supporting character that I had a problem with. It was the exact way she was used as one after her long history of being used that way, combined with the initial bait and switch of looking like she was going to get the focus in #9 only for the issue to give Havok (and a little Magneto) the focus. And pulling that on her after she'd been kept out of comics for 2 years didn't help matters.

And I definitely think it was a net negative. But I'll refrain this time from going into it given I've said it repeatedly lately.
    Last edited by salarta; 08-13-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Thanks, CJ. Do you hope they realign Wanda's backstory in the films to be something shall we saw more in line with historically in the comics in the next phase?
    That will be Interesting idea to theories about, I honestly would like to have more backstory to Wanda given and Since Thor Ragnarok it seems like the MCU is having more and more confidance in mirrioring more of their more core Comic Elements form well the Comics in their movies then ever before!

With the Fox Deal FINALLY done it will be interesting what Marvel might try to do after the events of the Next Avengers movies and if they decide to re-write some backstories. I think whatever happens for Wanda from their will be cause of the Events of Avengers 4 and what the MCU decides now that it has the FF and X-Men back again. Anything that makes Wanda more better and more core to her character in the Comics, she has already been great in the MCU, the Better!

If they do do something with the Family and make connections again, that would be one of the Boldest movies Marvel has made after all the events that have happen in the last few years. With the Fox Deal now, allot is possible again, we just have to wait and see.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    ... And I definitely think it was a net negative. But I'll refrain this time from going into it given I've said it repeatedly lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Last edited by salarta; 08-13-2018 at 06:55 PM.

BANNED

Ultimate Member

Then again even if/when they restore Pietro and Wanda to being Magneto's kids when outside of rewriting reality has that every gone well...Magneto and his kids over the years have quite often not gotten along well at all...