Page 21 of 109 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Lorna in large group head shots by craig rousseau, trying to get it done in time for Dragoncon (not complete version).

Poll with Lorna as an option. 17 hours left to vote.

Tweet. I don't think it actually amounts to anything as far as Thompson goes, given the person tweeting listed a bunch of different things, not just Lorna.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    ... And, moving the art to a better place...
    Beautiful piece, very distinctive. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear her face was modeled after legendary actress Barbara Stanwyck:

... which if anybody knows, is a high compliment, INDEED.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    ... Also not really feeling Reeva's look seems a bit generic in the poster.

I just hope they can portray the Hellfire Club members with humanity, like give them downtime to relax, crack jokes, have a vulnerable open side. Make them more relateable and sympathetic.
    I'm sure ALL their looks & styles, will evolve & change, as the season progresses. Think the ladies of the show, Emma in particular, have indicated as much.

... I think they know they have to do that, but how well they do it remains in question. The baby's kicking line already shows the dark humor.
    And yes, think it's most important, the show not take itself too seriously. The occasional smile & a wink at the audience, is always appreciated and necessary, IMO.

With Lorna's 50th a little over one month away Marvel.com has out a list of Marvel's top female super heroes and villains. Wanda made the list as a super hero. Jean/Phoenix made both lists. Emma made a list. Enchantress even made a list as did Squirrel Girl and Laura.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...l-super-heroes

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...super-villains

Some of the names are clearly those who won't be on the list in a year or two when their TV or movie push ends, but its illuminating for which women Marvel Entertainment is pushing.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-24-2018 at 06:32 PM.

Marvel userbox created by marveluserboxes as a filled request for reynobae. Which brings me to another point...

On social media, I'm seeing an increasing number of people use this picture over other possible pictures from Blue. My belief: people who use it feel it's the best recent one-image representation of her. She's wearing her iconic costume and it's a clear view of her face, but more important is what the picture says. It hits the right balance between too much Magneto and not enough Magneto. Her relationship to her father is acknowledged, but through her dialogue, we are told that's not all there is to her. That she has her own thoughts, feelings, interests, aspirations and experiences entirely separate from being some man's daughter. And the picture does it all without trying to frame their relationship as a bad thing. It allows for Lorna to do things with her dad, without letting that aspect completely consume her identity.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Purifiers in ep 2/3? Sounds like the same for Morlock tunnels.
    The Struckers having to come terms throughout the season with Lorna didn't take Andy and he believes something different then them.
    Much more team ups of two characters vs whole group missions.
    Lorna's child becomes a motivating force for the character to come.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-25-2018 at 05:56 AM.

https://twitter.com/seantealecom/sta...32899141939202

SciFiNow mag interview

The interesting news from that is several fold, but a few things stood out like Lorna's core goal is a mutant homeland for the safety of mutants and her child. I have to give big kudos to the showrunners for picking an ideological goal that fits with a core story arc that the character in the comics actually bled and fought for in one of her few great arcs.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-25-2018 at 06:14 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

They did mention in season 1 that was the goal of Andrea and Andreas Strucker as well, to establish a "safe place for mutants". I still don't see why that is super villainous or has to be fought against but :shrug:
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

HI-DIDDLY-HO NEIGHBORINOS

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Thanks for posting the interview, jmc! Love that we're getting to see more powers in season two.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Thanks for posting the interview, jmc! Love that we're getting to see more powers in season two.
    That interview about Lorna's goal and the overall comments about the ideological differences has made me quite a bit more optimistic. Also the unknown mutants that also make up the Inner circle sounds very interesting. Oh, and Emma Dumont has a short message about season 2, one has to click on the video for sound.

https://twitter.com/Vale_391/status/1033396035568238592

She is wearing something gold?
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-25-2018 at 12:12 PM.

How do you guys even hear what they're saying in that video? It's so quiet for me and I had my volume maxed

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    How do you guys even hear what they're saying in that video? It's so quiet for me and I had my volume maxed
    It works fine on my speakers. Well here is the one from the official site if you click The Gifted symbol maybe it will work better for you.

https://www.instagram.com/thegiftedonfox/?hl=en

It works fine on my speakers. Well here is the one from the official site if you click The Gifted symbol maybe it will work better for you.

https://www.instagram.com/thegiftedonfox/?hl=en
    No no no. I mean the one with the cast being interviewed at SDCC at that table

OBEY

That interview about Lorna's goal and the overall comments about the ideological differences has made me quite a bit more optimistic. Also the unknown mutants that also make up the Inner circle sounds very interesting. Oh, and Emma Dumont has a short message about season 2, one has to click on the video for sound.

https://twitter.com/Vale_391/status/1033396035568238592

She is wearing something gold?
    Thanks Jmc247

https://twitter.com/PatrickZircher/s...18683840950277

Person asking for everyone's top 10 favorite female characters in comics, with plenty of responses including Lorna. It has 582 replies right now, so there's no way I can actually go through all of them to see just how many times. I might try to find more via advanced search for tweets sent to him. What I've pulled up is mostly tweets where Polaris or Lorna is used alongside Marvel (bringing up Captain Marvel). And that's all I really wanna say at the moment.