Page 27 of 109 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

It's important to remember everything it took to reach where we find Lorna today. What foundation had to be laid, what cases needed to be made, and how those things led to our current reality.

(p.s. Polaris Van Samus is awesome, follow her)
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I know you're talking about a computer game, but it reminded me I had the old Marvel Super Heroes X-men books on a nearby shelf.
    Broadly I had been talking about merchandise in general of all sorts with only getting to games in particular at the end and yes that is most certainly merchandise.

Thanks for sharing that and welcome to the Polaris thread, I had never seen that particular merchandise/book in regards to the character. The more non-regulars come by and share such things the better. Lorna hasn't really pushed things in regards to her skills with her powers in quite awhile in the comics, but she blew away those stats a long time ago.

The more old games, magazines, and stuff people share the better IMHO.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-29-2018 at 08:32 PM.

BANNED

My point is the level of eXposure the character is getting via The Gifted > everything that's come before, combined, pretty much. Before that, WatXM would've been the high point. Then, any games she appeared in, like the 2 you mention. After that, it's merch, comics, what have you, as their awareness is more eXclusive/niche related.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    ... That one action figure approved two and a half years ago isn't a great sign of her on the upswing. ...
    She didn't have one 4-5 years ago, so I would say it's a positive development. And the only thing she had 14-15 years ago, was whatever comics she was appearing in, which isn't sayin' all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    She didn't have one 4-5 years ago, so I would say it's a positive development. And the only thing she had 14-15 years ago, was whatever comics she was appearing in, which isn't sayin' all that much.
    She was in the Women of Marvel calendar in 2011, she had a statue a year before then, she had a super hero squad action figure around the same time. She was in two games playable in 2013 and 2014. I am not arguing her getting that figure isn't good. Lets just say I think merchandisers and Marvel views it as a bit of a test for how the character sells.

My point is the level of eXposure the character is getting via The Gifted > everything that's come before, combined, pretty much. Before that, WatXM would've been the high point. Then, any games she appeared in, like the 2 you mention. After that, it's merch, comics, what have you, as their awareness is more eXclusive/niche related.
    In terms of global awareness and number of people seeing her that is completely true. People in Africa are now watching The Gifted on Fox Africa and its finally coming to India. Next season because the first one did well will be airing sooner around the world. Perhaps 10 million people an episode watch The Gifted in the United States if one adds up really delayed viewing as in more then 7 days, but its around 2 million in Canada alone. Globally the number of watchers are likely in the tens of millions and the show will be watched by new people for many years to come.

It is the window into the character for the masses and we are very very lucky its utilizing some of her best story line ideas and I thank everyone here for promoting them in the long years she was in limbo. Its the contribution we made and it will pay off for many years to come in a great deal of ways.

But, and here is where intensity matters. 30K hard core Polaris fans who want to gobble up anything Lorna related in terms of merchandise is more likely to convince merchandisers to make a new say Polaris statue then wide global knowledge. Its the sales sheets that we don't see in regards to things like the action figure that matter in regard to winning them over for more merchandise with the x-ban going the way of the dinosaur.

Last edited by jmc247; 08-29-2018 at 08:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    ... (p.s. Polaris Van Samus is awesome, follow her)
    I'll pass, thanX. The example you show, seems pretty tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I know you're talking about a computer game, but it reminded me I had the old Marvel Super Heroes X-men books on a nearby shelf.

Attachment 70098
    Thanks for sharing. Any idea when that was made?
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

The book says August 1988. I have another one that's from around the Savage Land storyline. I'll post it tomorrow when I get to a scanner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    She was in the Women of Marvel calendar in 2011, she had a statue a year before then, she had a super hero squad action figure around the same time. She was in two games playable in 2013 and 2014. ...
    Pre...

... 30K hard core Polaris fans who want to gobble up anything Lorna related in terms of merchandise is more likely to convince merchandisers to make a new say Polaris statue then wide global knowledge. Its the sales sheets that we don't see in regards to things like the action figure that matter in regard to winning them over for more merchandise with the x-ban going the way of the dinosaur. ...
    But that global knowledge via The Gifted is what has the best chance of achieving what you're alluding to, i.e., one begets the other better than all else.

But that global knowledge via The Gifted is what has the best chance of achieving what you're alluding to, i.e., one begets the other better than all else.
    In time yes it should, especially if season two creates a significant number of hard core fans out of casual watchers. It will be paying dividends for a very long time. Its a global market place these days.

Right now official channels are not filling the void for Polaris merchandise so not officially licensed stuff are filling it for fans globally. If the schism and ideological divide for season two has a BtVS season 2 like impact will be known much earlier and that is what to watch.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-29-2018 at 09:39 PM.

BANNED

Let's hope so, and keep our fingers X'd!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I continue to observe a lot of foreign language users on instagram very interested in Polaris through the TV show. We all know about the strange following she has in China/Taiwan. Well now there is a pretty big group out of Turkey for whatever reasons. And of course Brazil remains committed as well. And other Spanish speaking places. Those are the ones I mostly notice. Also Russia.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Happy Birthday JMC247!!!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Happy Birthday JMC247

Thanks CJ and juan, Marvel comics are a nostalgia focused medium and what is written is heavily to at times completely determined by what the nostalgic era of the creative staff happens to be. As a new generation of fans come into their own that which was shattered will be fixed.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-30-2018 at 05:41 AM.