Page 28 of 109 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    BANNED

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/status/1034998494006788097

"It is top of my list..." ... hmm, wonder if there's a reason for that?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I hope so but I don't know if we can read too far into that phrase
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Happy belated B-Day, jmc247!!! Sorry I missed it. Hope it was awesome.

Haven't read the latest issue of Blue. Any word on where she goes next?

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    Happy belated B-Day, jmc247!!! Sorry I missed it. Hope it was awesome.

She did not appear in BLUE latest issue. Last appearance she basically met with Havok in a park and kind of they exchanged pleasantries and she walked off. To where? We don't know. She was getting along with her dad though and was on a squad on his behalf, but now that he is a megalomaniac on Asteroid M again somehow... who knows. And her appearance on the X-Men Disassembled cover had her in a super regressive costume , far in the back, surrounded by the likes of New Mutants/XFactor. So we can assume they're going to "shelve" here somehow again and not continue her good development from BLUE.

God would I ever love to be proven wrong though. You would think they would not be so stupid as to completely waste all the new fans from her live-action portrayal.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    She did not appear in BLUE latest issue. Last appearance she basically met with Havok in a park and kind of they exchanged pleasantries and she walked off. To where? We don't know. She was getting along with her dad though and was on a squad on his behalf, but now that he is a megalomaniac on Asteroid M again somehow... who knows. And her appearance on the X-Men Disassembled cover had her in a super regressive costume , far in the back, surrounded by the likes of New Mutants/XFactor. So we can assume they're going to "shelve" here somehow again and not continue her good development from BLUE.

God would I ever love to be proven wrong though. You would think they would not be so stupid as to completely waste all the new fans from her live-action portrayal.
    Thank you! They're probably planning a last minute surprise for her 50th anniversary. If not, my attention is already mostly focused on The Gifted where Lorna actually gets real love.

Its sad to see most X-men on deck in Extermination and Lorna is nowhere to be seen. She was afterall the most recent O5's mentor (even though that was poorly executed). They cant at least draw her shooting energy in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its sad to see most X-men on deck in Extermination and Lorna is nowhere to be seen. She was afterall the most recent O5's mentor (even though that was poorly executed). They cant at least draw her shooting energy in the background?
    Exactly. She was Just. With. Them. Sighs deeply

OBEY

BANNED

Yeah, sure would've like to seen her drawn by Larraz, if nothin' else. She might show up yet, I suppose, but not holdin' my breath.

Currently there is nothing that stands out about the comic version that would entice writers to actually want to write her. That is why I have been complaining about the past several years of her depictions.

Lorna would have been a good character to use is Mystery in Madripoor as well and it would have allowed her to build up relations with the leading x-ladies as they allow her father to do. They like writing Magneto because they see him as a dynamic character, they don't see Lorna that way these days nor do they see her as fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    Its a secret so well hidden even Marvel doesn't know.

But, yes where Lorna is loved and appreciated is clear and whats more they actually pieced together disparate parts of the character to make a Lorna that is in keeping with the character and her history in the comics, but happens to be something people who watch find fascinating and captivating.

"The Inner Circle"

Speaking of which Fox is starting re-runs of The Gifted in the lead up to the new season tonight at 9PM, next week and so on.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-30-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Speaking of which Fox is starting re-runs of The Gifted in the lead up to the new season tonight at 9PM, next week and so on.
    Heyooooo I didnt know that

Thanks now I have 20 minutes advance notice

I will watch

Also I disagree Lorna was a bog standard in BLUE she was moved forward a bit in different ways. She was not Austen level though for sure. But I've said this 50000000000 times already

The only thing with her portrayal on The Gifted that could be a problem is some fans think The Gifted is "too dark" and "joyless" "depressing" etc also she is kind of viewed as "villain" on the show now.

Obviously from my PoV , good art and drama is meant to make people uncomfortable, or question their assumptions, so all that is to the good. But for someone who can only tolerate cheap popcorn type fare it's a problem
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 08-30-2018 at 05:39 PM.

OBEY

By in large she fell into what I would call Jimmy Hudson syndrome of being the generic version in alot of ways of a more popular character, they were declawed and without anything that make them stand out from their much more popular father. Bunn may have liked writing her the way he clearly liked writing Jimmy, but in both cases did their depictions really get fans talking and interested?

Lorna can work as a really straight woman if she has her 'claws' so to speak. If she doesn't have her 'claws' which she didn't on Blue she needs her more fun and edgy personality we got a glimpse of in the training session, but not much outside it. Otherwise she has a tendency to fade into the background or disappear entirely as fans and writers get bored.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-30-2018 at 06:18 PM.

JMC are you sure it's a rerun tonight at 9pm eastern? Because it's not on. There is some football thing on. So... ????

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    JMC are you sure it's a rerun tonight at 9pm eastern? Because it's not on. There is some football thing on. So... ????
    Perhaps not your Fox affiliate, but the ones in my area. It might be an optional airing for affiliates.

The Gifted
    Premieres: Tuesday, September 25 at 8:00 p.m. on Fox

This show was one of the biggest surprises of 2017. What could have been just another X-Men “mutants on the run” series turned into an intense and realistic exploration of fear and discrimination, as well as the bad decisions people make when they feel their backs are against the wall.

The choice to have Polaris (Emma Dumont) and others leave the mutant underground to join the Stepford Cuckoos’ Inner Circle was a stroke of genius, laying the groundwork for an exciting and equally thought-provoking sophomore season.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/all-the-new-...all-1828548406
    Fall preview.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-31-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Emma's videos on her Instagram page with her in a black/green outfit and Lorna space headdress for a con.

https://www.instagram.com/emmadumont/?hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks Juan.

In terms of Lorna and the comics she isn't a character Marvel creators have to write unlike the big names. She is a character that they need to want to write.

They aren't going to just include her in things like Extermination because she worked with the original five which one would have to read Blue like a fine toothed comb to even know. Morrison turned Emma Frost into a hot commodity that writers around not just the x-books, but the whole Marvel universe want to write.

For Lorna there were faults to be had from Austen's run, but alot of great stuff to work with and build on. Milligan and then Brubaker messed that up entirely. Right now the real question is what does she have to bring to the table that would promote Marvel writers actually want to write her? That is the core question.

In the end it will take a few years for ideas from The Gifted to sink in with Marvel (most of them are Marvel's own ideas they have been afraid to move forward with). In the meantime the character might appear in the winter somewhere in the comics or not, but its pretty clear who is taking risks with the character and wants to move her forward.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-31-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Perhaps not your Fox affiliate, but the ones in my area. It might be an optional airing for affiliates.
    Yes I see, so this would have been episode 9 not episode 1. Wish I had known they were doing this when it started. Oh well. It looks like episode 10 next thursday will air for me. Meh. Not as invested in just a rewatch of the final episodes now.

And yeah I saw her with a weird like "rope attached to knife" trick going on in those stories too

Looks kinda cool but a bit too much like a ballerina really

OBEY