Page 37 of 109 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Damn. What are those idiot writers doing

Why would they ruin the best character it does not make sense

Are they smoking weed and like watching Eclaris vids all day or something... that's not what most fan want goddamnit

At this point her protests are so over the top though

It has to be subterfuge

I have to believe that
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

She certainly seems to be goin' all in on her apparent dissatisfaction. Be it inadvertent or intentional, one can only hope that it revolves around pretense, to some degree.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I feel like it can’t be true that she’s just playing the mom role the entire season. Judging from fans on Instagram and Twitter she was one of - if not the most - well received characters from the first season. Surely the writers would know better than to just sideline her.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I feel like it can’t be true that she’s just playing the mom role the entire season. Judging from fans on Instagram and Twitter she was one of - if not the most - well received characters from the first season. Surely the writers would know better than to just sideline her.
    Reeva will be the bad assed mutant leader many of us expected at the end of last season Lorna to be this season and Andy, Esme, Twist and others sound like they will be the main ones in the field on missions.

Lorna will be Momma bear back at base bitching about Reeva's leadership.

If the show was a book there would no problem having the second chapter be Lorna focused on protecting the immediate needs of a baby back at the base and bitching at the actual leader who has to do stuff until a crisis hits at the end of the chapter and she is forced to make a serious decision about the child's future, but its a show not a book.

The addition of a new leader over her really did kill what I think would have been the most functional role Lorna could have had while protecting a baby 24/7 and being back at base.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Are they smoking weed and like watching Eclaris vids all day or something... that's not what most fan want goddamnit
    I will tell you I am a sort of fan of Eclaris though not a shipper, but if the first couple episodes are anything what they sound like between them of renewed will they or wont they and what about the baby and its future their ship is dead to me as is the idea of Lorna and romantic ships in general.

Its also will prove that TV is not all that different from comics in regard to Lorna and romance (or possible future children) in that it saps the life from the character.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-15-2018 at 05:58 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Its odd seeing her being so negative. She was so excited and jazzed at comic-con, where they had already filmed a couple of episodes. I'm hoping that maybe she's just in a funk or something.

I suspect that they'll put a focus on the baby, but I don't think that's all she'll be doing. From the Inner Circle trailer we see Lorna training with Andy and another mutant, and I don't think she appears pregnant there. I'm hoping that she doesn't get sidelined, but there are so many characters and plots to juggle that I'm concerned. I still think I'm going to enjoy the season though.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Its odd seeing her being so negative. She was so excited and jazzed at comic-con, where they had already filmed a couple of episodes. I'm hoping that maybe she's just in a funk or something.

I suspect that they'll put a focus on the baby, but I don't think that's all she'll be doing. From the Inner Circle trailer we see Lorna training with Andy and another mutant, and I don't think she appears pregnant there. I'm hoping that she doesn't get sidelined, but there are so many characters and plots to juggle that I'm concerned. I still think I'm going to enjoy the season though.
    Four episodes in I did expect Lorna to be still sandbagged by the pregnancy and immediate post pregnancy dealing with motherhood stuff. I expect Emma was thinking along those lines as well, but 9/10 eps in and its the same thing and we can see why she might change her view on things.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-13-2018 at 08:17 AM.

Here's an interview with Emma that someone posted on Tumblr.

credit goes to:

https://fallenakeno81.tumblr.com/pos...x-october-2018

Emma's SFX interview was done earlier and its almost verbatim lines she used last season about pregnant Lorna. Which is right?

My assumption is still Emma was over the Summer sort of waiting/expecting for Lorna to come out of Mamma bear hibernation/protection mode and while the show will get there (and probably had some of that already) to act outside base it wasn't like last season where after prison things exploded.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-13-2018 at 08:33 AM.

It took place earlier in the year (don't know when though), but it seems like the interview took place while they were filming. She talks about wearing the pregnancy gear, and was wearing the green wig on set. I don't know how much they had filmed though, but I think its reassuring that she refers to Lorna as dangerous and violent. I don't think she would say that if there wasn't some of that going on. She refers to Marcos as sad, which is true, and evident from the trailers.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 09-13-2018 at 08:13 AM.

That interview goes 180 degree opposite what she said in the voiced in-person interview wtf

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    That interview goes 180 degree opposite what she said in the voiced in-person interview wtf
    We know the 'just a mom' line is an exaggeration because she will likely be training Andy and might be present for some the Purifer stuff. But, at the same time the SFX interview sounds very much like an exaggerated version of a line she used last season. I don't expect Lorna to be doing much in the way crazy stuff (her words) and they seemingly brought on a new character just for that and another new character to be the hard line leader of the team.

We know her powers make a mess out of DC from interviews though as unintended pregnancy fallout. We know she will be active off and out outside of base. But, by the same token alot of the roles I think she expected to play are being taken up by new characters and the expansion in the cast might mean the mom stuff has been concentrated for the character and Emma was venting her feeling like them overdoing it.

I actually think it is very important to keep expectations in check for the character. Last season I was ticked off we were still at episode three and Lorna was still in jail and it looks like the baby stuff will be a massive part of the season for her.

Anyway summary for episode 2.

Last edited by jmc247; 09-13-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Juan posted this in the Magus family thread (and here too), but I thought it was interesting.

Anyone else think the front of her boots look really fake? It looks like something's there as a place holder for CGI. There is a bunch of metal studs in them, and I wonder if she'll be pulling them out for combat or something.

I hope it's not just for show and is actually functional finally

We need to see this gal flying and using her costume as weaponry

Bubble of green energy around her

Interrupting "Fake News" media broadcasts to speak direct to the oppressed mutants of America it's time to rise up

<3

BTW jmc said something interesting he thinks her baby will get kidnapped and that will be a motivation for her to get back into the fight after all this goddamn mothering nonsense

My question is: do we think it's more likely someone from Hellfire/ a mutant kidnaps her child, or Purifiers/ a human does it?

Because that will radically shape her overall orientation and alignment for the rest of the season (if this even happens)

OBEY

BTW jmc said something interesting he thinks her baby will get kidnapped and that will be a motivation for her to get back into the fight after all this goddamn mothering nonsense
    I think there will be a major conflict forced to a head due to the baby of some kind as they have made it so central to the soap.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-13-2018 at 01:37 PM.