Page 52 of 109 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I don't know if Genosha is going to be used anytime in the near future, but I would love to see Polaris involved if it is. I think it'd be wonderful to see her working towards building a mutant homeland again.

Though it also depends if anyone picks up the plot thread of Lorna opening a school. I'd much prefer her to do something with a Genosha revival, than being a teacher to the next generation that will never become the next generation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    ... I also find myself wondering if the reason Gifted hadn't done the plane crash for their interpretation of Lorna during season 1 was because Dark Phoenix called dibs on the concept to be used on Jean. ...
    Her backstory is supposed to be eXplored this season. Arnold the pilot was already mentioned in S1, when Lorna & Esme were discussing her real father.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I don't know if Genosha is going to be used anytime in the near future, but I would love to see Polaris involved if it is. I think it'd be wonderful to see her working towards building a mutant homeland again.

Though it also depends if anyone picks up the plot thread of Lorna opening a school. I'd much prefer her to do something with a Genosha revival, than being a teacher to the next generation that will never become the next generation.
    I have mixed feelings on the never become the next generation part. Part of me wants to say that it's not a given, but the realistic side of me is keeping in mind that Marvel is so regressive and beholden to nostalgia as more important than good development that you're probably right.

Either way, I agree about Genosha. While there are plenty of options for Lorna with a school, Genosha is a far more appropriate place for her - and for reasons far beyond Magneto being her father. Her character restarted for real with Genosha, and big moments in her life mostly either happened there or have their origins from there, with the exception of her origin story.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

She can get the Madripoor training ground up & running, established, and then appoint somebody else to oversee it. Then she can turn her attentions to wiping the stain of Nova from Genosha, and rebuild it/restore it to glory. She can network, and do it ALL, just like her daddy...

... Polaris FTW!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ... Hopefully Lorna does make a meaningful appearance
    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Polaris, Sage, and Surge? Cool
    I think people are misinterpreting JDW's Tweet. He's saying that characters like Polaris, Sage, and the rest will get the spotlight when a writers feels as passionately about them as their fans do. Everything he said prior to that implies that no one really feels interested in Lorna at the moment, and isn't inclined to push for the character because he'd rather the writers use characters they want to use.
    Maybe he just meant they'll each have some moments in Disassembled. Wherein the spotlight will be widened ever so briefly, beyond the main players, to include those mentioned. We could be talkin' a single page or even a few panels only per issue, for ALL of them, including Lorna. I'm not eXpecting much, if anything.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I will treasure said panels and have them stapled to my wall where I will have permanently lit candles nearby for worship purposes
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

LOL, keep those flames burnin', AN.

new polaris cool

I'll miss the long hair, but I enjoy the shorter look just as much. Stunt double means hopefully she's up to something cool.

BANNED

HA! Oh stop, Emma D., we can make fun of what we think are your bad fake 'dos if we wanna.

I can't really tell judging on her outfit her "ideological alignment"

It's black which would suggest not the Underground but it does kind of resemble her outfits she wore with them too

Just not sure

It's also a question of if Lorna/Esme split off on their own they won't have the same resources for outfits and just well, hygiene/hair upkeep so could be a possible explanation for her "messed up" hair

OBEY

Her outfit looks similar to what she's been wearing? Emphasis on black with silver and white. I don't think it looks any different to what she wears while still aligned with the Inner Circle. Also, her hair looks exactly the same as it does when we see the promos. Short, with some curls, and we know that she's working with the Hellfire Club.

Her outfit looks similar to what she's been wearing? Emphasis on black with silver and white. I don't think it looks any different to what she wears while still aligned with the Inner Circle. Also, her hair looks exactly the same as it does when we see the promos. Short, with some curls, and we know that she's working with the Hellfire Club.
    I hope so! I really do. Thanks for being so positive BTW

OBEY