Page 6 of 109 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    ... she isn't there now and won't be through the end of the year...
    Maybe, maybe not, hard to know for sure. There's still this year's last two months of solicits to be revealed, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    WELL said, KC, so would I! I have the utmost faith she’d be handled with care, and I’d LOVE to see how Matt Rosenberg would write her…

further, in a much more eXpanded sense. I trust in his good intentions, and his uncanny instincts. ;D

Besides, not like AleX wasn’t around, when Austen wrote her. Fans should keep that in mind, when entertaining the possibilities.
    There are caveats to Austen. Both in things I'd complain about if it happened today, and in how context during Austen's run was much different from context right now after X-Men Blue.

Right now, I loathe Havok. I hate him more than any character I've ever seen. If I were an "eye for an eye" person, I'd be asking for Havok to be completely ruined and then thrown into limbo for two years. But I'm not. I'm the type of person who asks for Havok to be kept the hell away from Lorna so she doesn't get screwed over for the billionth time by people who can't stop obsessing over the idea of treating her like she only exists to serve Havok. If there is any chance in hell of me coming around to Havok some day, it's not going to come by forcing him on Lorna even more mere months after she just got treated like crap for his benefit.

I'm not saying Rosenberg can't write Lorna. I'm not saying he shouldn't. I can't properly judge such a thing without more to go on. I'm saying if he does, he needs to focus on Lorna and keep Havok out of her picture. Which does not mean "he can't write Havok." It means don't write her anywhere near him. Write a different book starring Lorna. Write an issue or arc featuring Lorna that excludes Havok. Things like that.

The panel you showed of Lorna talking to Bobby is a nice start, and before Blue, that would have been enough for me to be positive. But I just watched a writer I put a lot of trust in treat Lorna like her value lies in being Havok's Manic Pixie Dream Ex-Girlfriend, followed by Havok getting his own damned team book as if screwing Lorna over wasn't enough reward for him, and now we're talking about the idea of a writer who's a huge Havok fan taking over from there. And there are no plans for Lorna on her 50th anniversary, to boot.

Understand that I'm very raw and mad right now. Blue proved every single bad thing I ever said about having Lorna interact with Havok again in less than 10 years apart, in spades. It's going to take years for me to not hate Havok like I do right now (assuming Marvel doesn't pour more gasoline on that fire), and it's going to take more than hypotheticals for me to blindly trust someone writing her that loves Havok.
    Last edited by salarta; 08-09-2018 at 05:31 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Well, guess I'm not as sour as some of you all are, over Blue. While I didn't think it was the greatest thing ever, I certainly don't detest it, with such seeming vehemence. I've made peace with it, and am ready to move on, as always. I don't really know what to say, as I'm having a hard time relating to the vitriol, TBH. It strikes me as being hyperbolic and quite frankly, irrational, on many levels. Also, my trust in Mr. Rosenberg's abilities, comes from reading his work. So, it's not unfounded, to me personally.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The head is finished.
    Squee! So excited for this. Its going to be a long wait to see the end results of what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Well, guess I'm not as sour as some of you all are, over Blue. While I didn't think it was the greatest thing ever, I certainly don't detest it, with such seeming vehemence. I've made peace with it, and am ready to move on, as always. I don't really know what to say, as I'm having a hard time relating to the vitriol, TBH. It strikes me as being hyperbolic and quite frankly, irrational, on many levels. Also, my trust in Mr. Rosenberg's abilities, comes from reading his work. So, it's not unfounded, to me personally.
    I doubt anyone else is vitriolic like me on this subject, but I assure you it is not hyperbole for me. You're not even seeing how mad I really am. That's going on Twitter and Tumblr. This is the shorter, watered down version.

Your trust in Rosenberg is your trust built on your experiences. You have a right to them as always, just as I have a right to not throw blind trust someone's way until I'm given a reason based on my experiences.
    Last edited by salarta; 08-09-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    ... I have a right to not throw blind trust someone's way until I'm given a reason based on my experiences.
    Absolute truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Squee! So excited for this. Its going to be a long wait to see the end results of what they're doing.
    I am very excited as well as things are growing ever closer and they seem to building up the character a step at a time.

They are doing special filming Saturday and Sunday so Emma won't be going to Boston Comic Con to the disappointment of some fans. Though I am interesting in seeing how the fan cosplay below that merges Black Queen and House of M royalty goes.

queenofmagnets: One week until @fanexpoboston...one week to make a self-designed Polaris cosplay, because why do things before the last minute? This photo doesn't do the beautiful colors justice - the wig is a lovely sea green, and the fabric is a wonderfully heavy silvery color with black dots throughout.

I'm pulling inspiration from one of Lorna's House of M designs and translating it into a sort of Hellfire Club royalty Lorna from The Gifted - I love designing excuses to wear 1) flowy things and 2) corsets, and this has both! Can't wait to wear it to meet @emmadumont next weekend!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmFW3DSg...queenofmagnets
    Anyway.

The fan isn't at all wrong, but the writers of live action Lorna are thinking of such things along with her actual religious background.

I don't expect many comic writers to be interested in Lorna's early life that would be going above and beyond, but questions about her basic world view, beliefs and philosophy and massive events in her life when they completely screw that up as if they haven't given it a first or second thought that rankles.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-10-2018 at 01:25 PM.

And now for something positive to balance out my recent complaints.

Polaris by Thegerjoos

One more post before I (try to) go to bed.

This is the second tweet about Lorna from the official Latin America account for Marvel. The previous was on January 5 this year.
    Last edited by salarta; 08-10-2018 at 12:24 AM.

BANNED

Though I've seen that piece before, Salarta, I REALLY like it. And the recent update to Marvel's Latin America Twitter account, seems pretty encouraging, I would think - thanX!

Looks like Lorna will have a role in this Uncanny event. Excited and nervous! Glad to see her being included in a big event, but worried about what can be done. It's kinda exciting lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Looks like Lorna will have a role in this Uncanny event. Excited and nervous! Glad to see her being included in a big event, but worried about what can be done. It's kinda exciting lol.
    They seem to be tearing down the current x-line the way the Avengers have been doing this year (or did back in 2004) to rebuild a new one in its place.

Last month at San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel Comics announced that UNCANNY X-MEN would return this fall. Today, the creative team was officially announced as well as an official release date for UNCANNY X-MEN #1 -- Wednesday, November 14. The new ongoing series is jam-packed with X-talent -- all the writers and artists have previously worked on X-Men characters and stories and will be teaming up for more mutant mayhem!

UNCANNY X-MEN will launch with a 10-part weekly epic called "Disassembled." Where the series goes from there depends on who is left standing! In this "epic tale of mystery and tragic disappearance," every remaining mutant on the planet will come together in "an adventure so Earth-shattering, it could very well be the X-Men’s FINAL mission!" With stakes this high, it will take an extraordinary team to tell this story.

Writers Ed Brisson (EXTERMINATION), Kelly Thompson (MR. AND MRS. X), and Matthew Rosenberg (PHOENIX RESURRECTION, ASTONISHING X-MEN) will join the equally X-perienced artistic team of Mahmud Asrar (X-MEN RED), R.B. Silva (X-MEN BLUE), Yildiray Cinar (WEAPON X), and Pere Perez (ROGUE AND GAMBIT). Leinil Frances Yu will provide artwork for the covers.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=55408261

They seem to be tearing down the current x-line the way the Avengers have been doing this year (or did back in 2004) to rebuild a new one in its place.
    Yeah, that's the vibe I got as well. This will lead to the new status quo. Hoping that this means something good is in store for Lorna!

” The press release goes on to tease that not all the mutants who appear in the arc will make it out alive for Uncanny X-Men proper.