Page 67 of 109 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1634

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    AND, thanX to fellow CBR member & occasional Polaris Appreciation contributor ComradePitrovsky, whom I hope doesn't mind that I'm taking the liberty to post this

That is a really well done alternate outfit for HoM Lorna.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks Juan.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-24-2018 at 06:28 AM.

thanks jmc247
    Polaris and Zoe

lorna dane by scatterpunk

One of the beautiful things about rising interest in Lorna has been versions of her as a darker-skinned person of color, as seen with other artists such as bikenesmith.

https://pineyshop.storenvy.com/produ...91-magnus-kids
    https://pineyshop.storenvy.com/produ...-family-charms
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i'm gonna miss lorna with long hair
    we can be heroes, just for one day

New cosplay by Erriaa

Custom character of Polaris in Soul Calibur VI made at someone's request

This isn't the first time a custom character of Lorna's been made in a Soul Calibur game. There were several for SCV and I think also SCIV. This was quick turnaround time though, given SCVI only just got released last Friday (October 19).

Playing SCVI and having tried out the custom, honestly I think a better version could be made. Plus the fighting style would be much better with Azwel, because it's energy-based and can make multiple types of weapons out of thin air. But, this is still a good custom. If I'm feeling like spending time on it, I might try to make a Polaris custom myself.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Saw this on Tumblr, and thought it was pretty. Polaris by Michael Huang.

Don't know if its been shared already or not.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I like how her design there is a sort of cross between her comic classic and her more contemporary image from the show
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

After the custom character I mentioned in my prior post, I decided to try my own hand at creating Lorna in SCVI. Here's the result. I have more pictures on my Tumblr and in an imgur post.

I went with Azwel for fighting style because I felt it fit her better. I used malfested to get the cool glowy eyes, and headcanon the glowing tattoos are also representative of high power use. I had the hardest time with the headpiece and used four Chinese character stickers and Voldo's eye spikes as special equipment.

She looks amazing in those salarta great work

OBEY

BANNED

https://bitchybeautyboy.tumblr.com/p...lighted_post=1

Queentober day 20 2018 #2 By Jose Colon (J.C.-ART)

Magneto Dark Seduction #1

Enjoy!

The energy hair was an interesting take on Lorna's power. Very Starfire. It kinda of reminds me of Billy Tan's interpretation of Lorna's powerset post getting repowered. It had a very electrical/cybernetic feel to it, which made sense at the time. Thought that it made for an interesting and distinct visual for Polaris, and was more unique than the typical energy user.

Last edited by Soulsword323; 10-28-2018 at 03:08 PM.

Yeah idk how I feel about the "energy hair"

It's definitely cool looking and distinctive but I think it works more as an effect , if you start to think about what's going on it's like.. what

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    She looks amazing in those salarta great work
    Thanks! It turned out better than I expected it would. There were some things the game wouldn't let me change, like the red and blue bits shown, but I did what I could. The last picture I posted here was mid-attack, so I should mention that at the very start of it, all those red and blue spots were swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    The energy hair was an interesting take on Lorna's power. Very Starfire. It kinda of reminds me of Billy Tan's interpretation of Lorna's powerset post getting repowered. It had a very electrical/cybernetic feel to it, which made sense at the time. Thought that it made for an interesting and distinct visual for Polaris, and was more unique than the typical energy user.

I think energy hair is an interesting in the moment touch. I headcanon it as a sign that if Lorna's body were to die, she would live on as energy. Or possibly that if she exerted herself too much that she'd turn into energy.

It would be interesting to see Lorna ascend into a being of energy. I believe Storm did it once in an AU future thing, and I think its speculated that most elementals could do something of that nature.

Now that I'm thinking about it, we could arguably say we got the first hints of it way back in Giant Size X-Men with the scene we've talked about recently.

Literal read of the text is that the magnetic force is all around her and obscuring a clear view of her. But an alternate figurative interpretation of both the text and the art could be that Lorna's started to change to energy. That it's the black dots of her crackle effect from X-Men #50's cover adds even more interesting weight to the idea.