Page 68 of 109 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1634
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

If we want to go that route there is some evidence from "X-Men: The End" where both she and her father do indeed become beings of pure energy after dying
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    If we want to go that route there is some evidence from "X-Men: The End" where both she and her father do indeed become beings of pure energy after dying
    That's a good point. While it's an AU, AUs are basically where things can be tested out before trying them (or not) in the main universe. It's how we got Susanna after all. So it's fair to say that's evidence to what Lorna would become if she died.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Polaris and Magneto do live on as energy in X-Men: The End, but its only for a few moments unfortunately. Technically, I believe both Lorna and her father should have been able to continue to exist as energy, but they still ended up dying.

Storm ascended into a being of elemental energy I believe, and was able to maintain that, so I don't see why Polaris and Magneto couldn't either.

Last edited by Soulsword323; 10-29-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Polaris and Magneto do live on as energy in X-Men: The End, but its only for a few moments unfortunately. Technically, I believe both Lorna and her father should have been able to continue to exist as energy, but they still ended up dying.

Storm ascended into a being of pure weather energy I believe, and was able to mantain that, so I don't see why Polaris and Magneto couldn't either.
    Magneto reformed himself as a being of pure energy and kept Lorna together after she died as a being of energy until he couldn't keep it up, she died and Nova killed him not long after

But, to answer your question if one believes in the unified field theory then yes turning to energy is something certainly possible. In terms of energy hair, it happened on Genosha yes and a few times in the 90s mainly with JM's Lorna when she was mainlining raw power and emotion.

Last edited by jmc247; 10-29-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Leah Williams has out quotes from an individual (Slavoj Žižek) she compares to how various characters see the world and what they might say to her.

Leah Williams

"Stop global warming. Feed everybody. Settle disputes diplomatically & when necessary, quash disputes militarily with proportional measure. This may sound harsh, but it needs to be said because [..] This is what I think can save us.”

― Slavoj Žižek, but Polaris

https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/...53520622424064

Leah Williams

“We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.”

― Slavoj Žižek, or like, Magneto

https://twitter.com/hashtag/thexmena...uotes?src=hash

Leah Williams

“The true ethical test is not only the readiness to save the victims, but also - even more, perhaps - the ruthless dedication to annihilating those who made them victims.”

― Slavoj Žižek, but like. might as well be Emma Frost

https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/...28434876076032
    And.

Nrama: Can you say who, specifically, are in the Inner Circle at this point?

Williams: Hmmm I’m not sure I can say, actually. It’s kind of the big reveal in the issue. Shrewd folks that read X-men Blue will know what’s up, though.

Nrama: In the solicitation it says Emma will ask the X-Men to help her - what is she asking for specifically from them?

Williams: She’s cunning - she’s spotted the opportunity to finally take care of the Hellfire Club once and for all. She just needs a little help to do it.

https://www.newsarama.com/42516-x-me...s-bachalo.html

One of the most interesting things about Emma is the perspective she has from the many roles she’s played. She’s a telepath, and she’s also been a hero, a teacher and a supervillain. Is this a story where we’ll see things from Emma’s perspective?

Williams: She’s always going to be a school teacher at heart — that’s all she’s ever wanted to be, since she was in high school. She’s always wanted to make the world a better place for mutant children, she’s just not gentle about how she plans on accomplishing that. She’s too impatient to tread carefully around the feelings of others. We do experience things through her POV, and to me that perspective is informed by Emma’s knowledge now, in my opinion, that opening just one school will never be enough again.

One of the great things about these X-Men Black one-shots is they allow you to take deep dives into your focus character. How did it feel to get a chance to do that with Emma?

Williams: I’ve always said that Emma is as complex and nuanced as Magneto and deserves to be elevated as such.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-black-emma...o-interview/2/
    Shaw comes up in the preview pages that he is still king, but is still debilitated as per the preview.

Anyway.

By Thony Silas

Last edited by jmc247; 10-29-2018 at 06:38 PM.

That's an interesting quote, and is something that can definitely line up with Lorna's character. Thanks for sharing!

Leah distinguishing between Lorna and Magneto in tweets is promising, as is the fact that the quote fits her rather than coming off like something more appropriate for Havok. Her pick for Lorna IMO seems to show a sense of knowing that Lorna would be idealistic, activist and proactive but harsh when she needs to be, vs Magneto acting more philosophical. Regardless of anything that may (or more likely may not) be going on at Marvel, that's at least a small inkling of something positive.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I love those Leah Williams quotes and analogies even if I personally may not fully agree

It's still awesome she is thinking about these characters in a complex way

OBEY

Polaris 2x07 no Mercy

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Anyway.

By Thony Silas

Nice! I like the little embellishes he added to it, and appreciate that he used different shades of green. Helps make the costume look better and more dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I'm really excited for this episode! Can't wait for tonight's either.

She looks strange with the black hair there

But at least this will prove she gets SOME action scenes this season

OBEY

I don't know why people think she wouldn't be getting any action sequences, or be involved in the missions. I mean we've seen that she's going to be training, and why she be doing that if she wasn't going to partake? Plus, Emma said we would be seeing her fly again, and my guess is that'll happen during a mission or something.