Page 74 of 109 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1634
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Cool finally Madeline Risman appears, and nice that Lauren finds out about what she REALLY is

Hmmm.... idk how I feel about this Lorna protecting Dawn FROM her own team business....ah geez

But yes the backstory for Lorna will be a massive plus
    Hey, the cuckoos have practically no sense of boundaries and a mean streak, she needs to keep an eye out...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Episode #8 Emma said she was on the set balling her eyes out and yes it’s about when they needed the head cast. The title of the episode ‘The Dream’ is really smart so many ways. Magneto’s dream. Lorna’s dream. What her father had to sacrifice for a better future for her and the situation she is in. Past, present and future.
    Oh, okay. Thanks!

Very excited!

You guys, the headpiece!!!!!!!!! Don't click the link if you don't want to be spoiled! Stills from episode eight!

http://series-movies-stills.sosugary..._display_media

I love it! I'm glad it isn't too bulky, and is instead sleeker. Great shade of green too! Was worried it would be red or purple like Magneto's.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 11-07-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Hey, the cuckoos have practically no sense of boundaries and a mean streak, she needs to keep an eye out...
    Did you watch the last episode? That's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    You guys, the headpiece!!!!!!!!! Don't click the link if you don't want to be spoiled! Stills from episode eight!

http://series-movies-stills.sosugary..._display_media

I love it! I'm glad it isn't too bulky, and is instead sleeker. Great shade of green too! Was worried it would be red or purple like Magneto's.
    Interesting. I'll reserve judgement until I see it in "action"

However what really got my attention is those first 2 pics... pukes in mouth

Oh boy

One of the last pics looked interesting to me though, as did another with Lauren
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Given what the headgear is made from it pretty much has to be red or purple to start, but it’s not like it like her hair this season wouldn’t shift around color wise. I perfered more elaborate, but I also knew because it’s a TV show with constant reshoots that more elaborate was unlikely. Something prone to fall off which some other designs with more significant weight would do in the end would be a real problem in filming for TV. Those behind the Wonder Woman TV show in the late 70s had to deal with those issues.

Keeping a headpiece from moving while filming is not always as easy as it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Lorna is a Wonder Woman of a sort too, just kind of different.

Anyway onto the gaming front.

Magneto is broadly seen as a top ten X-Man when he is on their side and the top antagonist of the X-Men when he decides to alternate his hat to the more militant activist hat. When his fans want to argue for his inclusion in something like a game (though they don’t usually have to) they alternate between arguing for his inclusion on the basis of being a hero or a villain.

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_figh..._great_nonmcu/

One interesting feature of the past year for Lorna is casual fans as we say at the X-Men panel at NYCC and I increasingly see online (like above) to argue she should be in games again are doing something similar. Lorna should be a character who is far beyond labels, but it’s an interesting change.

Most games if you read between lines her inclusion as playable really doesn’t actually come with an X-Men hat. Marvel Legos where only Mystique and Magneto can activate her as playable from completing a prison bonus level. In X-Men DoFP her last playable game Asteroid M is taken out with her in it and she promises vengeance on the Sentinels and their masters and makes an alliance with the X-Men to get it.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-08-2018 at 10:11 AM.

I figured it would start out as red/purple, seeing as how she makes it out of the medallion, but I'm glad at some point it changes to green. I think it looks really cute. Makes Lorna look like royalty and I like that. Can't to see her wear it out in the field!

Lorna has had three roles in the comics in her 50 years.

Fifty years ago this month was X-Men 50 was ‘Hail Queen of Mutants’ and broadly speaking it’s her least used hat though when it is utilized it’s popular like in War or Kings, HoM or parts of a few runs the past two decades. The most often utilized hat we all know is the possessed a lot generic girlfriend character.

Right now the comics have a light queen and a dark queen, the light one being Jean on Genosha saving the world and fighting for a Mutant homeland under mostly Xavierist principals and even wearing Lorna’s father’s helmet. Then you have Emma Frost who is in the dark queen of sorts role again running Hellfire to advance Mutant causes.

I will say I see a narrow window for Lorna in the comics over the next few years, but it depends on how much they are willing to use her political hat/identity which some era specific nostalgic fans and creators don’t really recognize.

The elevation of Lorna’s political hat and re-emergence of her identity in that area is the best thing to happen to her in recient times and I give great kudos to all the creators in all mediums who made that start to happen
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-08-2018 at 10:10 AM.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emma posted this on Instagram! Can't wait for this.

Thanks.

https://instagram.com/emmadumont?utm...=1wu1nc3kdnt23

In terms of Emma’s question I very much do.

That is even a step up from what we just saw in the Fox ep 8 promotional release. Thanks to all the fans and creators that helped to make this a reality from her supporters in the comics to the show and those who directly designed it as well and bet on the character at Fox.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-08-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emma posted this on Instagram! Can't wait for this.
    Thanks Soulsword323

other pic 2x08

New Version

2x06 Polaris