Page 76 of 109 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1634
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Emma Dumont
    Wow, it looks really, really good here and I can't wait to see it with her full head of green hair. I think the size of it is fine, and think they did a good job with it. I feel like if they had made it too big, it could have looked kinda ridiculous and made it difficult to work with. Much like Cyclops' visor in the films, you don't want to hinder the actors performance.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Two minutes to watch out for this coming week according to Skyler.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqC0dsnAED1/

Singer’s people seemed to understand last season that action was the mother’s milk for general audiences to keep them focused and engaged. The show based on last season could go an episode with low suspense and action, but a string of them like ep 6-9 stung hard last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm so, so, so, excited for this show to have Lorna explore her feeling about being the child/heir of Magneto. Its nice to see the writers dig deep in the character, and I'm guessing this is what'll eventually lead to her creating the headpiece. I think Emma said it was episode 9 that we saw it? Or perhaps its eight. Super excited!
    In terms of Lorna having a deep dive into what she feels about her father, the mutant rights fight and her legacy it’s something we haven’t gotten in the comics since Uncanny X-Men 443 in 2004. Everything since has by in large been all things to all people hedging like her comments in X-Men Legacy 255 which are entirely ignorable as her thinking was warped by possessed at the time. Lorna’s last run you are right played it heavily up in the air as to what she thinks about these topics.

I will say whatever happens in terms of the show’s future I will always have great respect for what Matt Nix and the rest of The Gifted staff did for Lorna to date. There have been moments of potential greatness for the character scattered about with the character over the years in the comics. They found them and adapted what they thought would work without being heavily biased by era specific nostalgia.

The Gifted writers so far utilized ideas from JM, Morrison, Austen and second run PAD to craft a character with great help from Emma Dumont that actually effectively sold to millions why they should give one fig about the character and it didn’t come about through recycled 80s/90s nostalgia which Marvel publishing feels is their comfort zone with the character.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-13-2018 at 09:25 AM.

I'm happy to hear that there will be a cool action sequence coming up. While The Gifted does a good job with the themes of the X-Men, it does lack good action/fighting moments. I agree that they should do a better job balancing them out, and should break up the episodes a little better.

I'm happy to hear that there will be a cool action sequence coming up. While The Gifted does a good job with the themes of the X-Men, it does lack good action/fighting moments. I agree that they should do a better job balancing them out, and should break up the episodes a little better.
    When it’s firing on all pistons it’s the best show on TV bar none and one of the best the past 30 years in terms of social messaging.

The mutant/minority group issues and legacy issues are what the show does best. Oh and it packaged a more cohesive package for Lorna which will pay dividends in future years.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-11-2018 at 11:33 AM.

art by ImaginativeHobbyist

Last edited by juan678; 11-13-2018 at 07:11 AM.

https://instagram.com/fox_nederland?...d=ruklkvdp9qto

Emma has taken over Fox Netherlands Instagram with videos on set at the link.

Our first look at Polaris in Uncanny. Pretty cool image there, and Lorna looks great in that sketch. Thanks for posting that!

-
    Our first look at Polaris in Uncanny. Pretty cool image there, and Lorna looks great in that sketch. Thanks for posting that!
    Hopefully it can move Lorna forward from recycled nostalgia storylines into something that rebuilds her comic buying fan base into something closer to what it was a decade and a half ago. She has a huge number of new fans out there because of live action waiting to be tapped with the right story/character arc to restart things for her.

That restart really needs to be something that plays to the features of Lorna that made them fans.

Extended for ep 7. Also, Emma is exited as hell for episode 8 to air.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-13-2018 at 01:21 PM.