Page 79 of 109 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1634

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    theres more. In the previous page, Nightcrawler teleports her and X-23 in to battle the MLF and help out the X-kids. She only speaks in the scan I put up but she and Laura are seen standing over the enemies they defeat
    Thanks, based on this I'll be buying and reading the digital copy of this issue when I'm able to and up for it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

By Joyce Chin

she with Kurt was so good. I think the most they've had to do with each other was the issues just before The Twelve. That was like 20 years ago. Im drawing a blank on anything meaningful in Austen's run
    Early in his run they were at a dig together. Kurt made a joke about the tail on a fresco while Lorna was talking to her foster mom on the phone and she laughed and had a nice little comment. Then Purifier wannabes attacked, killed her old geology teacher and she pulled the pins on their grenades.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-14-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Magnetic fastball special is cool

Don't like her costume regression though

What about her and Danger creating a school or whatever in Madripoor?

We'll have to find out what her appearances in UXM portend
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Magnetic fastball special is cool

Don't like her costume regression though

What about her and Danger creating a school or whatever in Madripoor?

We'll have to find out what her appearances in UXM portend
    Im afraid that may have been forgotten as her appearance here as part of the X-men suggests that she isnt in Madripoor. She could have just been visiting but I doubt it.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Im afraid that may have been forgotten as her appearance here as part of the X-men suggests that she isnt in Madripoor. She could have just been visiting but I doubt it.
    Sigh. I just hope she isn't regressed backwards too badly.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Wish we could see Asrar given Lorna a redesign. I like this costume fine, but his costumes for Storm and Psylocke have been phenomenal imo, and would love to see what he could do with Polaris.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Yes, now polaris is growing so much , im so happy
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Uncanny leads in to Age of X-Man.

Also, the Fall Finale date and Andy stands up for Twist.

The Gifted

Episode Title: (GIF-209) "gaMe changer"

THREE FACTIONS COLLIDE ON THE ALL-NEW FALL FINALE OF "THE GIFTED" TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4, ON FOX

Tensions within the Inner Circle are at an all-time high, as Andy comes to Rebecca's defense against Reeva. After making an important discovery about Dr. Risman's research, Lauren convinces Reed and Caitlin that they must take action to destroy it. Frustrated with not being taken seriously, Jace begins to strategize with the Purifiers. Meanwhile, the Mutant Underground continues to work on saving mutants. However, tensions flare between Blink and Thunderbird as they confront their differences in the all-new "gaMe changer" fall finale episode of THE GIFTED airing Tuesday, Dec. 4 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GIF-209) (TV-14 L, V)

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20181114fox03/
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-14-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Thanks jmc247

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Wish we could see Asrar given Lorna a redesign. I like this costume fine, but his costumes for Storm and Psylocke have been phenomenal imo, and would love to see what he could do with Polaris.
    I don't know if I'd trust Asrar. He did design Jean's terrible new look. Asrar drew a great Polaris aside from the old costume.

Yep, I don't see her being an X-man and teaching all the way over in Madripoor at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Yeah, it would have been nice to see Lorna in a new uniform, and not this old style, all green outfit. Maybe some black, purple, or even a color she hasn't used before could have been added to all that green.

Happy birthday to Emma Dumont!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't know if I'd trust Asrar. He did design Jean's terrible new look. Asrar drew a great Polaris aside from the old costume.
    I have my problems with Jean's costume (colors, shoulders) but I don't think its too bad. However, I think his costumes for Betsy and Ororo are some of the best they've worn in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Yeah, it would have been nice to see Lorna in a new uniform, and not this old style, all green outfit. Maybe some black, purple, or even a color she hasn't used before could have been added to all that green.
    I like the all green, but it looks better when people break up the green with different shades. She does need to get a revamped look eventually, one that hopefully adds one of the colors you've mentioned. Costumes need something to break up the primary color.

I think Molina did one of my favorite renditions of it. Different shades of green, and the gold on the shoulders make it look a lot better.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 11-15-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Happy Birthday Emma Dumont!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-16-2018 at 12:47 PM.

The page that wasn't posted already, plus script pages for both pages.

I'm glad she's wearing this costume. I still think a redesign like the Kris Anka one would be good without the Magneto bubbles on the chest. That one maintained enough of her iconic look for her to be recognizable, but included a good secondary color and had touches that fit her character. But aside from something like that, this one's good.

I'm not assuming the Madripoor school isn't running. There are various explanations. Lorna could've been there to recruit and just happened to be around to help in this fight (hell, maybe she's recruiting X-23). Maybe Nightcrawler bamfed into the school to pick her up (I don't know his power limits and I'm too lazy to go looking). Maybe she's there for Hanukkah now because she won't get to be in the holiday book to celebrate it.

I'm not broken up by if the Madripoor school isn't happening, either, as long as she has something just as good or better happening. Like I won't care if she's running the Madripoor school if she has an ongoing solo book, for example.

Anyway, as far as the actual pages themselves, I really liked the scene. It was a good moment of Lorna actually getting to take a meaningful part in events and have her use matter for her, rather than being used to promote Havok or some other character. Interacting with X-23 was good. They're two characters that I think have a lot of potential together but haven't really had much chance to interact. I also feel the good dynamic for them here helps my argument that Lorna interacting with female characters is less risky than with male characters. All in all, it was good inclusion of her in the event.

There were later scenes that just reminded me how little Marvel generally thinks of Lorna and how much of that is a product of decades of mistreatment, though.

Lorna could've joined Storm in meeting Jean, but it didn't happen due to decades of mistreatment where Lorna having been Jean's first female friend got whitewashed out of existence. Which then reminded me of how Lorna still hasn't been able to actually talk to Jean since her return, how Lorna didn't get to spend any time with Iceman after he came out, and how Lorna didn't get to interact with teen Jean or teen Iceman at all in Blue. The Armor and Anole banter prodding at Marvel's bad habit of introducing and then abandoning characters was good for highlighting an issue that needs fixing, but I'm still waiting for that "we need to do better by these characters" attitude to apply to Lorna. Scenes like with Lorna and X-23 are good, but there are plenty that should happen that don't, but would if not for how she was treated for decades.
    Last edited by salarta; 11-15-2018 at 11:44 AM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Looks like Lorna will be apart of AOX-Man: Prisoner X.

Curious to learn more about this. I have to wonder if Lorna will play a part in it, or will it be a Bishop book where she has a supporting role.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 11-16-2018 at 03:04 PM.