Page 8 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    A couple of good, memorable moments, and her not dyin', and I'll be happy... enough. Keepin' eXpectations on the lower end of the spectrum.
    I concur my good fellow. I seriously SERIOUSLY doubt she dies in it though. I'm not actually concerned about that. Just... I hope she gets SOME kind of significant attention/development/relationship building
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

A couple of good, memorable moments, and her not dyin', and I'll be happy... enough. Keepin' eXpectations on the lower end of the spectrum.
    Agreed.

Its going to be a long couple of months.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    In terms of her role like with The Twelve there will be some moments people remember if she has a connection to the main plot...
    It might, if it ends up Apocalypse related, like some eXpect.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I concur my good fellow. I seriously SERIOUSLY doubt she dies in it though. I'm not actually concerned about that. Just... I hope she gets SOME kind of significant attention/development/relationship building
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Agreed.

Its going to be a long couple of months.
    I hope so, too. And like all of you, I'm cautiously & anXiously hyped. I wanna believe, but not too much, that good things await us with this.

Rosenberg supposedly does, don't know 'bout the other two, tho.
    I dont think Thompson does. She wrote green haired Abigail Brand in the Kitty bachelerotte party issue instead of Lorna

Maybe this is just blind optimism talking here

But looking at the pic again it is possible Lorna is in the back due to her flying ability

They tend to group fliers in the back for visual oomph like they're "zooming at the viewer"
    I thought that at first but several fliers are standing and more central than her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think Thompson does. ...
    I got that impression, as well. Apparently, she doesn't like Jean, either.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Congratz on the New Thread and both Polaris and her Sister Share that Incommon now on CBR, Thread Restarts cause they originals where so BIG and Showed So Much Love we needed New Ones!

Looking Forward in re-starting this New Thread with My Fellow Polaris Fans, Glad to be Posting for the 1st time on the New Thread!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I got that impression, as well. Apparently, she doesn't like Jean, either.
    Is it bc she's a self proclaimed Emma fan or has she said anything against Jean?

BANNED

While the characters a creator does like, can always be indicative of those they don't, I was going more by this:

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    ... Cons:

... -KT is not a fan of Jean...
    ... from the main, Uncanny announcement thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Congratz on the New Thread and both Polaris and her Sister Share that Incommon now on CBR, Thread Restarts cause they originals where so BIG and Showed So Much Love we needed New Ones!

Looking Forward in re-starting this New Thread with My Fellow Polaris Fans, Glad to be Posting for the 1st time on the New Thread!

Thank you. Appreciate your enthusiasm! And I love that pic

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is it bc she's a self proclaimed Emma fan or has she said anything against Jean?
    Its clear she is a big Emma fan from the wedding part. Emma's role had the most writers love put into it without her even showing up.

Lorna was pretty neutral on Emma in Austen's run and had much bigger fish to fry then Scott, Jean and Emma's personal life. Milligan had her alternate between violently anti-Emma to being mildly negative and obviously Brubaker it was entirely negative.

Lorna still needs a real female friend somewhere and from my take from my lobbying efforts with revamping and rebooting things with Jean is it isn't going to happen for the foreseeable future. Lorna doesn't have many usable relationships, I am left hoping Marvel doesn't fry any more of them then Marvel hasn't already done.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-10-2018 at 08:38 PM.

BANNED

Ditto, CJ, your verve is unparalleled!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

Hi CJ great to see you and your energy, welcome to the new thread. Wanda and Lorna are blessed to have fans such as you.

The amount of crossover Wanda and Lorna fans growing from their live action versions is just plain massive. I see Wanda fans all the time who never read Lorna in a comic, but watch her live action and talk about how much like Wanda she comes off to them just more militant.

It is going to pay dividends going into future MCU endeavors well into decade and beyond.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-10-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Its clear she is a big Emma fan from the wedding part. Emma's role had the most writers love put into it without her even showing up.

Lorna was pretty neutral on Emma in Austen's run and had much bigger fish to fry then Scott, Jean and Emma's personal life. Milligan had her alternate between violently anti-Emma to being mildly negative and obviously Brubaker it was entirely negative.

Lorna still needs a real female friend somewhere and from my take from my lobbying efforts with revamping and rebooting things with Jean is it isn't going to happen for the foreseeable future.
    Sage? Monet? Frenzy? Magik? Rachel? Surge? X-23? Dani Moonstar? Actually what about Domino or Mystique even. I do think Lorna and Emma Frost have potential to work on a squad together in the near term. I hope a writer makes it happen. Maybe even the newly re-Britishized Betsy Braddock?

Does anyone else get the faintest glimmer from the pic that Havok and Dazzler are.. a bit... close? Is that hinting at yknow.. them becoming an item?
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 08-10-2018 at 08:40 PM.

OBEY

BANNED

... Does anyone else get the faintest glimmer from the pic that Havok and Dazzler are.. a bit... close? Is that hinting at y'know.. them becoming an item?
    Yes, I did get a sense that was potentially being hinted at.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Ditto, CJ, your verve is unparalleled!
    Hi CJ great to see you and your energy, welcome to the new thread. Wanda and Lorna are blessed to have fans such as you.

The amount of crossover Wanda and Lorna fans growing from their live action versions is just plain massive. I see Wanda fans all the time who never read Lorna in a comic, but watch her live action and talk about how much like Wanda she comes off to them just more militant.

It is going to pay dividends going into future MCU endeavors well into decade and beyond.
    As always, Thanks so Much for the Warm Welcome and for My Fandom, Means allot AbnormallyNormal, Heroine Addict and JMC247!

Indeed Glad you AbnormallyNormal, it is Very Awesome and Captures allot of Coolness and Depth of Lorna!

Yes JMC247 I know of recently stories like that about Wanda as well, one was shared on her new thread just recenlty and it Warmed my heart very much! It is Epic to know the pushes into the Mainstream Marvel has done for Both Ladies is MASSIVE and the effects will be felt for Fans for many years and it is growing the Fandoms at great rates! I am Very Happy to Hear that Lorna is getting the same responses as well, Truly I am Joyful to Hear that!

Also, I did another Fun Image Creation Below to show Just how Many Emerald Haired Heroines Their are in Pop Culture with 2 of My Favorites below alongside Lorna and I am Proud with how it turned Out, All 3 Look Great Together, Hope You All Enjoy! ;-)

Last edited by CJStriker; 08-10-2018 at 09:24 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!