Page 88 of 109 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1634

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I think her hanging out with her dad, being comfortable with him, and leading an impromptu team that included the likes of Daken...? Was definitely not something "any X-woman" would do jmc.

That said, of course I agree with you her place is with Emma Frost at this point. But it's not going to happen it seems.
    No X-Man would have as close a relationship with Magneto, but the X-Men already knew she had that decades ago and having a friendly relationship with Magneto and working with some rogues Briar put together to help save Havok in the end is not something any X-Man would quibble over.

Lorna in the 90s was on a team darker then her Blue team which included Sabertooth and Mystique (that was mid to late 90s X-Factor), but she didn’t do anything philosophically the X-Men would disagree with so it didn’t produce drama to be had with the other X-Men post X-Factor. Genosha did so because it was an idea contrary to Xavier’s dream and then the genocide crystalized her own doubts about the dream.

The hole Lorna is in now comes down to what we both agree on Lorna doesn’t work so well as a conventional hero on the core titles without built in drama. The only time it ever did work for several years the character had set up built in drama she doesn’t have when she has defaulted into generic hero mode for too long which is the case right now.

A stint with Emma could just about write years of stories for themselves after she rejoins the X-Men not that it’s likely to happen anytime soon. It will happen eventually though as too much really great dynamics between the Frost’s and Lorna live action that a writer in a few years won’t see the potential.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-26-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Last edited by jmc247; 11-26-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Aww, seeing how excited Emma is for tomorrow's episode makes me more eager to see it. Can't wait to see Lorna's origin explored!

Kelly Thompson
    If you were given the chance to write another book, would you write a book of Lorna Dane (Polaris)? Perhaps getting together with Cullen Bunn to write a 12 issues would be great

If Marvel wanted a Lorna book I would certainly be happy to write it, but I’m not sitting on any brilliant Lorna ideas ready to go.

I'm so glad to see Polaris being part of the plans. As part of the original, without her, this book wouldn't be an actual X-men, to be honest. Let alone a complete X-franchise. Thank you guys so much. I literally can't wait for the next issue. One question: Are we going to see more of Polaris? I'm hoping ya plans is not to kill her off. Thank you in return.

She’s in the book through to the 10th (last) issue I believe. I think her biggest moments come early-ish to about halfway through the series?

Polaris Reflects on Her Father in a New Episode of ‘The Gifted’

Bianculli’s Best Bets

THE GIFTED
    November 27, 2018 | By David Bianculli
    Fox, 8:00 p.m. ET

In tonight’s new episode, the powerful Polaris considers shifting allegiances, when she decides nothing is more important than the safety of her infant daughter.

http://www.tvworthwatching.com/post/...127gifted.aspx
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-27-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Scene from tonight, spoilers of course.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-27-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Polaris as a teenager! So excited that we get to see that.

Where the name Polaris comes from right there.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Where the name Polaris comes from right there.
    Such a nice touch! Why I love this show so much. Nice seeing them give a reason behind her code-name.

I will say this much right now.

I've said several times over the past months that if Marvel doesn't use and delve into Lorna, they leave fans and others to determine those details. Eventually, Marvel won't have any real say in those matters. This is a month that will prove the point.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I'm so glad to see Polaris being part of the plans. As part of the original, without her, this book wouldn't be an actual X-men, to be honest. Let alone a complete X-franchise. Thank you guys so much. I literally can't wait for the next issue. One question: Are we going to see more of Polaris? I'm hoping ya plans is not to kill her off. Thank you in return.

She’s in the book through to the 10th (last) issue I believe. I think her biggest moments come early-ish to about halfway through the series?

This is concerning... so she's no longer in the book by #10 and the event is called Disassembled. She's been bought in without much back story too. I'd be fairly worried.
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    This is concerning... so she's no longer in the book by #10 and the event is called Disassembled. She's been bought in without much back story too. I'd be fairly worried.
    Number 10 is when the disassembled arc ends, and the characters are spun off into an alternate dimension. Polaris will be featured in the AU Age Of X-Man: Prisoner X.

Why is it concerning? Almost the entire cast will be gone by #10. They are being shuttled off to the AoX books where we know Lorna has a role

ETA: Soulsword323 beat me

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why is it concerning? Almost the entire cast will be gone by #10. They are being shuttled off to the AoX books where we know Lorna has a role

ETA: Soulsword323 beat me
    So she's expected to return to Uncanny post Age of X-Man?
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

They aren't setting her up to be on the core team long term at least at the moment based on the covers and the lack of set up yes. But, in episode 10 its pretty clear Nate wins and sends everyone except Scott and Logan who take over Uncanny (probably with Havok and much of Rosebergs team) for much of the year.

An AU version of Lorna will be in a five issue AU series Prisoner of X from March to August. My point yesterday about Lorna on the core titles is without full editorial support and unlike the deemed established x-women who have received rivers of love and development from Marvel, Lorna needs serious back development the kind she had in 2002-2002 to succeed on the core titles.

Live action is giving her character development and background development Marvel publishing hasn't deemed her worthy of having.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-27-2018 at 02:44 PM.