Page 97 of 109 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1634

The cover for the next UXM issue is Betsy vs. Warren. I wonder if we'll get Lorna vs. Erik moments.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Agreed. It was really nice, and creative, for the writers to utilize Lorna like that. We haven't seen something like that in quite sometime.
    Yes, the last time was 2004. Her being able to sense Magneto's specific magnetic field is new though completely in line with what was seen in 2003/2004 that she remembers electromagnetic fields of those she is around.

Magneto could sense her powers stolen on a certain someone else during the Savage Land affair in the 80s and he thought in his mind the signature was 'painfully familiar to him', but its the first time we have seen the opposite. Lorna or Magneto should know where each other are on Earth at any given time given they suck up electromagnetic power from the Earth's EM field like a sponge.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted
    The cover for the next UXM issue is Betsy vs. Warren. I wonder if we'll get Lorna vs. Erik moments.
    I think its likely as I said a few weeks back. There is no emotional resonance between a character who hates Magneto and would be fighting him just as hard if he is mind controlled or not... and frankly wouldn't care which would be the overwhelming bulk of the X-Men. Though Lorna/Magneto possession fights tend to run into an obvious issue in that the possessed want to win given his/her master commands it. The other typically wants to stop the fight without hurting the possessed.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-05-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    That'd be nice. I'm always down for more Polaris/Magneto moments, even if he's a mind controlled horsemen of X-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Lorna was drawn beautifully in UXM today. Looks like we may get her interacting with Magneto in this (maybe next issue?)

She and Storm also had a team up move

Lorna makes an appearance in Exterminated. Its a flashback tale from when Cable was born. Was NOT expecting her at all
    Thanks. Based on this, I bought and read this issue. I have mixed feelings.

I'm glad the story acknowledges Lorna can do more with her powers besides simply throwing metal around. Also glad that Magneto's noted as her father. Both are more than I expected, and I mean that in a good way. It's showing they're putting thought into her. I take this as a sign that they aren't going to ignore that she can do certain things and has connections that would merit her inclusion in certain events, as has been a problem in the past.

Meanwhile, I find it convenient that they have Magneto use his powers to make a statue out of guns. I've said many times that Lorna could use her powers to make art, and how that use of powers is something that doesn't really fit Magneto's nature, so it could be unique to Lorna's character. And now suddenly Magneto's doing it, even if mind-controlled. This also would have been a good point for the story to highlight Lorna's Genosha history since she made a similar statue in the ruins using her powers.

I also had mixed feelings on the team comps. One hand, she could've gone with Jean and Iceman, considering history still not explored. Other hand, Lorna and Storm could really use more good interactions together - especially to get away from how Lorna was treated around Storm when Claremont wrote them. Jean team seems to be a bit more O5-ish while Storm team seems more post-O5. On just these thoughts, I think Lorna with either team would've worked, but knowing Lorna will get to talk to Jean elsewhere later pushes it firmly into Storm team as better option.

I don't think that panel was Lorna and Storm doing a team-up move. Looks to me like Lorna saying something while Storm powers up to do a lightning strike. Also it's an... uhh... interesting angle and pose combo for Storm.

I pretty much skimmed everything else about the issue. I'll skip on Extermination since it sounds like she just appears and doesn't have anything more.

I might have made a more thorough post about the issue on Tumblr, but I'm really weighing getting off Tumblr in light of their adult content ban and the effect it's actually having on everyone. Verizon doesn't really deserve business anymore. I'm waiting for my Tumblr blog exports to complete before I figure out whether I go to blogspot, wordpress, some other place, etc. Current plan is to move to such a site and use Tumblr merely to share that I made a new blog post. Also going to leave Yahoo mail as I have time for the process.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

And on that note, a quick Hanukkah piece of Lorna and Wanda drawn by bikenesmith, who's shifting over to Twitter in light of the Tumblr adult content ban.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...ans-team#notes

KT confirms that Lorna and Magneto have some interaction in next weeks issue.

Ultimate Member

Just going to guess that they're not going to have a happy daddy daughter moment...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Just going to guess that they're not going to have a happy daddy daughter moment...
    That's a good thing. Good relationship dynamics with characters that have a close connection in fiction have variety with ups and downs, not the same stale dynamic enforced at all times even if it's to the detriment of one of them.

Ultimate Member

Especially given Magneto and his family if his past interactions with Wanda and Pietro are any indication...and had to throw in a slam at Alex I see...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Especially given Magneto and his family if his past interactions with Wanda and Pietro are any indication...and had to throw in a slam at Alex I see...
    Much is said in what does not need to be said.

Anyway, a couple more pieces of fanart.

by jerrycarr.

by LucasAckerman. Earlier this year he also did an x-female rhapsody piece that included Lorna.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...ans-team#notes

KT confirms that Lorna and Magneto have some interaction in next weeks issue.
    Outside being mind controlled Magneto is basically Inverted at the moment. The Horseman of Peace is anarchist anti-establishment actor going around taking away people's guns and disarming soldiers to bring peace to the Earth and causing chaos in the process. Magneto himself normally is much the opposite of an anarchist and built Genosha up to be a land where humans and mutants could get along and were even in the government together while being very much a police state.

We probably won't get a year plus of anyone saying she has to save him from this though.

I think The Gifted this season veered Lorna hard in the direction of being close to totally anti-establishment. Its no surprise then with Reeva on the cusp of taking over the government Lorna turns on her when she is about to become the establishment. The only question is if Lorna accepts an actual leadership role at the end making her a leader in the mutant establishment or returns to being the less strident anti-establishment foot soldier she was in season one.

Genosha remains her best long term storyline for me as she had to be the anti-establishment foot soldier at one point, anti-establishment leader at another and the establishment at another. Then she had to deal with the fallout of the ultimate failure to prevent the genocide of the population. Lorna works best when she is a mix of various things.

Right now things with Lorna remind me of 1992 when she started to be cameo queen for awhile. The comics still are searching for a direction for her and while its great her being able to reconnect if briefly with characters she hasn't talked to in many years by the same token unless they figure out a direction in the long break they are in an AU universe its back to limbo or being the girl behind some guy late next year or the year after.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-06-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Lorna in Exterminated. Kind of a sweet moment, and Lorna looks cute.

Tumblr user actually-jeangrey uploaded it to their page. Here's the link to the original post: https://actually-jeangrey.tumblr.com...summers-family

Around Havok. Because of course.

I don't know about other people, but I'd rather she wasn't on the page at all if it means being around him. Havok has a reason he needs to be there, Lorna doesn't. Havok's presence on this page is that of a brother seeing his nephew. Lorna's presence serves no purpose except to be the girl dating Cyclops' brother.

I would've been fine with it before Blue. Not anymore. I'm done with this kind of thing. And this is a good example of why I now wait until I find out more before I buy something from Marvel just because Lorna happens to appear in it.

Keeping the writer names in memory for future situations.
    Last edited by salarta; 12-06-2018 at 01:05 PM.

I believe CC wrote the flashback, where this scene was presented, and the main writers weren't involved in it (I'm assuming, don't know for sure.).

That being said, Polaris' history can't be changed. She was with Havok at the time, and had been present at Scott and Madelyne's wedding. She had a connection to the family, and it was just a throwback scene. It doesn't really bother me, and I'm no fan of them together.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I like that picture a lot, it moves me

And yeah her being with Havok is a part of her whether or not we like it

Just like "certain people" have to accept her dad and not hating him is also a part of her
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY