Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1634

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I assume Lorna's mother was not Jewish given her last name.
    I'm a bit confused on this one. If this is tied into ancestry being considered matrilineal, we don't actually know her mother's last name. We know the last name she had after being taken in by her foster parents, but that name could come from the foster father (Marvel wikia claims Mrs. Dane is Arnold's sister).

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    So unless she recently looked into her heritage, which is very possible, Lorna would likely not observe Jewish customs and holidays. It would be a interesting point for a writer to visit in the future. I wasn't aware of adherents.com, but the site currently classifies her as Jewish Catholic. Pretty sure they based the Catholic part on the same scene I mentioned. I think it's also very possible that she hadn't been inside any church for a long time before and after that scene. Seemed to come out of left field.

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/Polaris.html
    I'm not sure how much stock I can put into that site given the line below.

In fact, her lack of strong religious convictions may help explain why she, more than any other member of the X-Men, has so frequently been controlled by other people and influenced into becoming a traitor to the X-Men or a villain.
    "She's not religious therefore she's more vulnerable to teh evils" is a pretty weird argument. Maybe that kind of idea would make sense if this was Diablo, but not so much here.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure if Alex is terribly religious so not sure that she'd convert for him if she even had to and wasn't Catholic already..., if anything would explain why she's been taken over so many times it's because of how her powers can affect her like they've affected Magneto over the years, that they can mess with her head making her easier to be controlled by some...or that her true history was locked up in her head and covered up with a lie for so many years and all...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I highly doubt her being mind controlled so frequently has anything to do with religion. It has more to do with lack of creativity by the writers than anything else IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I highly doubt her being mind controlled so frequently has anything to do with religion. It has more to do with lack of creativity by the writers than anything else IMO.
    yeah that makes absoluely no sense

"What if Lorna... *snorts two lines of cocaine shaped like an X off the table* ...MIND CONTROLS MESMERO?!"

Source https://average-xmendrawings.tumblr....e/180997461377

art by average-xmendrawings

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "What if Lorna... *snorts two lines of cocaine shaped like an X off the table* ...MIND CONTROLS MESMERO?!"
    C'mon man, real comic book fans take L(orna)S(ally)D(ane) to show everyone's who's boss before coming up with "golden age" X-Men stories.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Dunno if you've been asked this before, but have you seen The Gifted? If you have what did you think of it? (If you've been asked this sorry) I also really love your Polaris in Uncanny! (Brief as it has been, I'm just happy to see her included.) Thank you so much for all you do.
    Kelly Thompson

I watched the first season and really liked some things about it. I really didn’t like how every episode we had long drawn out scenes of people on different sides of an issue talking/arguing it out. I hear they’ve improved on that this year, but I admit I haven’t been back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Source https://average-xmendrawings.tumblr....e/180997461377

art by average-xmendrawings

OMG this is Magnificent. I don't know what else to say. Thanks juan678
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

The impact of live action Lorna will play out over years no matter what happens with renewal. Its an adaption of the character that works with certain aspects of the character Marvel publishing has neglected for many years and those aspects are very much required for a whole package. The Gifted this season in part due to bringing in Reeva has been missing leadership ability shown by certain iterations of Lorna like on Genosha in the 616 and in HoM, but she at least has her political hat and some of her edge.

By Michael Brower

Oh, and BTW there are Jews named Dane including high profile ones, but it is also true we don't know the true last name of Lorna's mother in the 616.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-12-2018 at 12:03 AM.

Love that fanart! Wonderful renditions of Polaris.

Is it true Polaris is gonna get some moments tomorrow? Is she gonna fight her dad? My other half and I are enjoying this book very much!

Kelly Thompson
    Yeah, Polaris gets what is (probably?) her biggest panel time in tomorrow’s book? I think. It’s a sassy moment. Not the biggest or best thing Lorna’s ever done but I like it.

We will see how it compares to the previous two mind controlled/warped conflict plots.

My general sense was the wrong balance was struck in Blue and I made it clear at the time. It was good she recognized and told him she cared about him and he wasn’t in his right mind. Bad she was overly passive and didn’t come in with a plan nor react to the Sentinel grabbing her or really learn much from Magneto’s failed attempt to reason with him.

In X-Men Legacy Magneto tried reasoning with her with the understanding she wasn’t in her right mind until a solution was had and absorbed the blows from her.

It will be interesting to compare how Warren’s possession is treated by Lorna and the team vs Magneto’s.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-12-2018 at 06:48 AM.

BANNED

Cool! ThanX for the KT quotes, Juan, look forward to reading it later on.

Some nice moments for Polaris today in Uncanny. She does speak to her Dad, and her dialogue was good IMO, but she doesn't do anything particularly impressive. Teams up with Storm though.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 12-12-2018 at 07:24 AM.