Page 29 of 324 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I doubt that it's been more than a year. People like to pretend that both secret wars timeskips happened, but only eight months later actually did, so that puts it at closer to a year rather than closer to two. The age difference is tangential at best, and I doubt that they're really going to overthink it. As far as Marvel is concerned Jeen, Tyke, and Angel are all still sixteen, Bobby is still fourteen, and Hank is still 18.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    It's only been a year or so hasn't it? I'm not sure how much that matters. I'd be more concerned about how they adjust Jeen's abilities back to where they were in 1964. You can mindwipe her sure, but her TK seems like it's leaps and bounds ahead in power levels compared to what she could do back then, not to mention the fact that her TP blocks are gone. I suppose Jean could put those back, but wouldn't Charles be able to tell the difference?
    To truly put the O5 back to where they belong without changing the timeline, they need a reality warper or a WPotC. So Nate Grey or Hope?

Unless the purpose of sending the O5 back changed from their time in the future would be to alter the 616 timeline so that Marvel could effetively reboot the X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I doubt that it's been more than a year. People like to pretend that both secret wars timeskips happened, but only eight months later actually did, so that puts it at closer to a year rather than closer to two. The age difference is tangential at best, and I doubt that they're really going to overthink it. As far as Marvel is concerned Jeen, Tyke, and Angel are all still sixteen, Bobby is still fourteen, and Hank is still 18.
    it has been more than a year. There was 8 months after SW and a few months later till IvX. That right there was about a year. When you add up the time in ANX v1 and since from X-men Prime to now, its at least a year and a half

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    To truly put the O5 back to where they belong without changing the timeline, they need a reality warper or a WPotC. So Nate Grey or Hope?

Unless the purpose of sending the O5 back changed from their time in the future would be to alter the 616 timeline so that Marvel could effetively reboot the X-books.
    The way I read Brisson's letter in Extermination suggests to me that they wouldn't being using this event to change the 616 timeline. Maybe other's interpreted it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    it has been more than a year. There was 8 months after SW and a few months later till IvX. That right there was about a year. When you add up the time in ANX v1 and since from X-men Prime to now, its at least a year and a half
    Either way I don't see Marvel worrying over what I suspect they would consider frivolous details. Jeen's TP development is much more entwined with her story since she's been brought to the current time and would likely have a much more significant impact on how early UXM history unfolds than the characters being a year or two older.

That said, in Bobby's case there should be a big difference physically between being 14 and 16. I suspect editorial will just handwave the age thing, if it's even mentioned at all.

Spectacular Member

I like this redesign. I'm not sure I've seen it posted before.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I wonder...
    Why has never a code name stuck on Jean?

She was Marvel girl and Phoenix but none of those ever stuck. Everybody knows her for Jean, even Emma is recognized as the White queen more often as Jean as Phoenix.

BANNED

They wouldn't let Phoenix "stick" in the comics. Too busy trying to keep Jean Grey limited in power and presence/character.

Phoenix should be her name though. She'll always be Phoenix to me.

I would argue though that general audiences know who Phoenix is very well.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 08-18-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I wonder...

She was Marvel girl and Phoenix but none of those ever stuck. Everybody knows her for Jean, even Emma is recognized as the White queen more often as Jean as Phoenix.
    IDA with you. She has gone by:

Marvel Girl, 1963-1975
    Phoenix, 1975-1980
    Marvel Girl, 1986-1991
    Jean Grey, 1991-1994
    Phoenix, 1994-2004
    Jean Grey, 2018-now

In her history since 1963, she's only spent about 5 years without a codename. I would say Marvel Girl and Phoenix both stuck and did for significant amounts of time. You must be confusing comics with outside media like the cartoons and movies, where she's largely forgone the codenames bc Marvel Girl represents her youth and Phoenix is tied to a specific storyline.

Yeah, but, she's still more known as just Jean than by Marvel Girl as Phoenix, by a lot. I mean, I don't think anyone on this thread has referred to her as those, in the same way people just usually call Ororo "Storm", Remy "Gambit" and etc. I think that's kinda what he mean.

Everyone knows "Phoenix", yeah, but I think the general audience sees it more as like... A part of her powerset. And we who read comics are also more used to it as like... The name of the bird. Especially by now that it's used all the time for no reason lol.

Plus, I wouldn't say she was going by Phoenix on Morrison's run. I don't remember if she was called that on the NXM Summary or anything, but I don't remember it being actually used as a codename by her or the X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, but, she's still more known as just Jean than by Marvel Girl as Phoenix, by a lot. I mean, I don't think anyone on this thread has referred to her as those, in the same way people just usually call Ororo "Storm", Remy "Gambit" and etc. I think that's kinda what he mean.

Everyone knows "Phoenix", yeah, but I think the general audience sees it more as like... A part of her powerset. And we who read comics are also more used to it as like... The name of the bird. Especially by now that it's used all the time for no reason lol.

Plus, I wouldn't say she was going by Phoenix on Morrison's run. I don't remember if she was called that on the NXM Summary or anything, but I don't remember it being actually used as a codename by her or the X-Men?

It was used in the summary recaps

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I wonder...

I will always call her Phoenix. I love when they joked about her name situation in Super Hero Squad.

*Urgh the video link thing doesn't start at the time it was 3:17*
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 08-18-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

It was used in the summary recaps
    Right, thanks. I still think they didn't really use it as a codename in-story, at least not enough. And Jeen is called "Marvel Girl" on the summaries of Blue and stuff too, and yet...

She'll always just be Jean Grey to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Right, thanks. I still think they didn't really use it as a codename in-story, at least not enough. And Jeen is called "Marvel Girl" on the summaries of Blue and stuff too, and yet...
    The teen does go by Marvel Girl in Blue though and not just in the summary page. Bunn's used it throughout his from from Jean introducing herself as such when on missions to villians referring to her by that name. Her teammates callher Jean bc they know her personally, but formally she's gone by Marvel Girl when acting as leader

Last edited by Havok83; 08-19-2018 at 01:44 PM.