Page 301 of 324 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 4846
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    When has this happened recently? Gambit has appeared in all kinds of recent books (X-men Gold, X-men Red, Astonishing X-men, Mr. and Mrs. X) with no seeming plan to coordinate his appearances.
    Pretty much anytime a new series starts that's what you see from the writers when they're asked about the cast. Bunn didnt want the O5 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Emma was denied in Iceman's last series from last year (bc she was in Blue). Didnt seem like it would have made any difference
    And they also make decisions that don't make sense when they DO allow them:
    She was used in Blue & Secret Empire by two different writers and portrayed completely differently by both. Bunn made her crazy and the main writer of SE made her a competent leader of the mutant race.

Ghost Jean did NOT sound like Jean and when Jean came back nothing about Ghost Jean was ever talked about.

I forgot that Leah Williams also said she wanted to use Kwannon in her AoX mini but was told Marvel had other plans for her. Lets see if she actually pops up anywhere in this time

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Pretty much anytime a new series starts that's what you see from the writers when they're asked about the cast. Bunn didnt want the O5 at all.

And they also make decisions that don't make sense when they DO allow them:
    She was used in Blue & Secret Empire by two different writers and portrayed completely differently by both. Bunn made her crazy and the main writer of SE made her a competent leader of the mutant race.

Ghost Jean did NOT sound like Jean and when Jean came back nothing about Ghost Jean was ever talked about.
    Other than Emma acknowledging her part in it during PR.

And Jean sounded on-voice to me. A desperate, over-this-shit, and annoyed Jean who knows better than anyone that an unprepared Phoenix host is a recipe for disaster.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I got my first college acceptance today!
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Congratulations!! Hopefully more good news are in order

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Hopefully.
    'course, I don't find out about the Naval Academy until April.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Her congratulations

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I don't want to get negative but I am both happy and sad that X-men Red has ended. I think the book overall was good quality. It had a message and it had some meaning. I just hate how passive Jean has become. I hate the 90s den mother redux we are experiencing. In Uncanny Jean isn't much better yet, and I don't care so much about feats. I just want Jean portrayed and treated as powerful. Teen Jean was treated this way, but our Jean mostly just floats around while her telepathy barely works. But she does order others around. I guess the big change with current Jean is that she is finally an X-men field leader.
    Agreed, think I've had my fill of [Jean's telepathy doesn't work] for a lifetime at this point, theres half a dozen issues where somehow and someway Jean's telepathy is continuously useless. Wasn't this the same issue she had in the AXM annual, come on writer PLEASE with some originality.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Other than Emma acknowledging her part in it during PR.

And Jean sounded on-voice to me. A desperate, over-this-shit, and annoyed Jean who knows better than anyone that an unprepared Phoenix host is a recipe for disaster.
    Here's the issue, given her experiences, connections, and direct knowledge of how the PF, in what world would Jean then force it on someone else?

Hopeless' "death" excuse didn't ring true, as Jean had already faced and overcome that in the original Saga, met Death face to face TWICE, rejected the very idea of Rachel as Phoenix but mostly literally the last time she was dug up she was initially dead. Worse the PF was crazed and confused, why would she think having a small portion would prepare someone when she herself has acknowledge the nature of the force and how it comes in waves.

Her actions didn't even make sense in the context of the story. She was a vehicle to make Emma a bit more sympathic given her current standing. When you're writing a solo with Jean Grey as the lead and Emma is more compassionate, forthright, and honest maybe your story is gearing into fanfic.

Even disregarding her interactions with Emma completely, the way she spoke to Strange or Wanda is so far off from Jean that imo it reeked of Hopeless undermining her return, due to his book begin canned something he nor Taylor were aware of, apparently.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 12-14-2018 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Ugh!

Agreed, think I've had my fill of [Jean's telepathy doesn't work] for a lifetime at this point, theres half a dozen issues where somehow and someway Jean's telepathy is continuously useless. Wasn't this the same issue she had in the AXM annual, come on writer PLEASE with some originality.

Here's the issue, given her experiences, connections, and direct knowledge of how the PF, in what world would Jean then force it on someone else?

Hopeless' "death" excuse didn't ring true, as Jean had already faced and overcome that in the original Saga, met Death face to face TWICE, rejected the very idea of Rachel as Phoenix but mostly literally the last time she was dug up she was initially dead. Worse the PF was crazed and confused, why would she think having a small portion would prepare someone when she herself has acknowledge the nature of the force and how it comes in waves.

Her actions didn't even make sense in the context of the story. She was a vehicle to make Emma a bit more sympathic given her current standing. When you're writing a solo with Jean Grey as the lead and Emma is more compassionate, forthright, and honest maybe your story is gearing into fanfic.

Even disregarding her interactions with Emma completely, the way she spoke to Strange or Wanda is so far off from Jean that imo it reeked of Hopeless undermining her return, due to his book begin canned something he nor Taylor were aware of, apparently.
    If your takeaway from the Jeen solo was that Hopeless was just writing to mean to Jean and nice to Emma, I'm not sure what to say.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    If your takeaway from the Jeen solo was that Hopeless was just writing to mean to Jean and nice to Emma, I'm not sure what to say.
    Your words aren't needed I didn't think much of Hopeless' Solo, but then again neither does Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Your words aren't needed I didn't think much of Hopeless' Solo, but then again neither does Marvel.
    If you mean that they don't reference it a lot, then it's hardly alone in that aspect. Just about every writer these days ignores the preceding events.

The thing I don't get is this: Jean has been back for almost a year. She's the leader of the X-Men, and is front and center on just about every X-book. Meanwhile, Emma has been banished to the nebulous area of anti-hero, held up entirely by Leah Williams' positive thoughts. Yet a great deal of Jean fans are still in the mindset that the Morrison run happened last week.

This thread is rapidly becoming oneof the worst, negative filled, trolling bits than it has been in a long time. Negative opinions expressed as fat, snide comments made about writers wgen most of blamecshould bevhigher up the Marvel ladder with editiors and the constant change in direction / directives given by bthe Powers That Be, that writers and artists then have to chsnge their plans for (akthough it was the editirs decidion to change the original ending to the DP saga, so its mot always bad.

I just don’t get how the editors of the various books arent more coordinated in their approach.

RevJean being ineffectual TElepath, well, ALL of the telepaths in Uncanny have been having problems. I done see Jean as being the Den Mother that peolple are worried about. However, i do agree that the whole ‘Ohoenix was hiolfingbje backl thung needs to be explored a little, not justbin terms of poewer, hut skilled usage. red didvthis well for me several time esp shen she was removing the nannite from Ororo..

I do want to see more creative (not nec aggressive) use of her powers.

But guys, loghten up a bit please. Its sometimes not so much fun coming on here st moment?

JDW told me that next year, the Phoenix is gonna come IRL and turn anyone who talks smack about Hopeless' Jean book into a sentient mass of fried chicken. I don't make the rules.

I loved the voice Dennis Hopeless gave to Ghost Jean. I wish alive Jean had such voice. My biggest complaint with current Jean is how passive she is. It is almost like this version of Jean is inspired by the 90's cartoon moreso than the 90's comic era.

I'm still hopeful that things will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I loved the voice Dennis Hopeless gave to Ghost Jean. I wish alive Jean had such voice. My biggest complaint with current Jean is how passive she is. It is almost like this version of Jean is inspired by the 90's cartoon moreso than the 90's comic era.

I'm still hopeful that things will improve.
    that cant be true bc she's not fainting. I felt at least 90s Jean's TP worked. 10s Jean is a whole new thing with 90% of her TP use is blocked by something