Page 23 of 324 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I just went to my comic shop to pick up my copy of Extermination, but they were out, so I had to go to a different one, where I had the following conversation.

Me, noticing a Phoenix Resurrection box: How much for the box?
    Clerk: $12.75
    Me: Oh, i thought it was going to be more like thirty. Now I’m trying to come up with reasons I need a box.
    Clerk: They’re for comics. You put your comics in them.
    Me, knowing full well there is nothing wrong with keeping my comics in those magazine holder things I have at home: *plunks box down on the counter*

Because Jean, ya know?
    I’ll definitely have to see if I can find any back issues of that once I get some more cash.
    I own over 30 Amiibos. Sometimes you just gotta, reason or no.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I own over 30 Amiibos. Sometimes you just gotta, reason or no.
    I spent $43 on a trio of digimon figures a few weeks ago. It was worth it.

I really need some Jean merch, tbh. I'm considering buying a wallet I saw at a store that is a splash page from All New X-Men.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I spent $43 on a trio of digimon figures a few weeks ago. It was worth it.
    OOooh which ones? (Digimon's my favorite casual Anime.)

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    OOooh which ones? (Digimon's my favorite casual Anime.)
    They were random but I ended up getting little teeny Agumon, Gomamon, and a Poyomon/Tokomon pair!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    They were random but I ended up getting little teeny Agumon, Gomamon, and a Poyomon/Tokomon pair!
    Oh that's perfect. The final Digimon movie comes to my area in like a month and we've already got tickets. XD

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    WTF has he done with Jean's hair?
    It's horrid...I spoke too soon. Pepe where are you??

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I just went to my comic shop to pick up my copy of Extermination, but they were out, so I had to go to a different one, where I had the following conversation.

Me, noticing a Phoenix Resurrection box: How much for the box?
    Clerk: $12.75
    Me: Oh, i thought it was going to be more like thirty. Now I’m trying to come up with reasons I need a box.
    Clerk: They’re for comics. You put your comics in them.
    Me, knowing full well there is nothing wrong with keeping my comics in those magazine holder things I have at home: *plunks box down on the counter*

Because Jean, ya know?
    I’ll definitely have to see if I can find any back issues of that once I get some more cash.
    I once spent over $20 in an arcade in Japan in UFO catcher tokens to attempt to get a limited edition plush. I may have ended up spending over $30 but the token guy took pity on me and won the plush for me. We have all done things we are not proud of.

Like this. They are so cute. I want all of them. Even Cyclops. But they are only sold as random packs. So I might not get the Jeans or Storm which I really want and instead get 3 Beasts...Attempting to find them elsewhere before going down this route.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Both KT and Seanan cite Emma as being the love of Scott's life and Jean as the love of his youth.
    So I called it that Seanan is a Scemma shipper? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Rosenberg wrote a Resurrection story that actually MOVED non-Jean fans. I can't count the number of posts and reviews that praised not just her reunion (Goodbye with Scott) but also her speech to the Phoenix.

As for the Annual, it doesn't bother me that Xavier was able to mindwipe Jean. He's got a lot of experience on her and people can be surprised on occasion. I don't want "Jean the invincible." And this also lines up with how she has been able to center herself in RED. Jean lost a lot even before she died. She came back to discover she had lost even more. She was angry and bitter, as anyone would be. I was surprised we didn't see this in RED, now I know why. I think it makes sense.
    Yes I did like Resurrection. Can't say I agree with you about the Astonishing Annual for the reasons I stated before. I thought that Jean's attitude in Red made sense because of the X-Men Red Annual. With this Jean in Astonishing, when does the Red Annual happen relative to the Astonishing one?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post

Yes I did like Resurrection. Can't say I agree with you about the Astonishing Annual for the reasons I stated before. I thought that Jean's attitude in Red made sense because of the X-Men Red Annual. With this Jean in Astonishing, when does the Red Annual happen relative to the Astonishing one?
    PR > Red Annual > Astonishing > X-Men Red

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post

I understand your point, but I think since this is an annual we don't have to take it too seriously. It was a nice little story and nothing more. We really do not know the extent of what X did to them or if he simply just erased their memories which resulted in a shift of their perspective/focus at the end.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Matthew Rosenberg says on Twitter that Jean is stronger than X, but she was caught off guard and exhausted. That's how he got the best of her in Astonishing. I know some people had problems with the Annual so I wanted to share this.

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...93039988404225

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Matthew Rosenberg says on Twitter that Jean is stronger than X, but she was caught off guard and exhausted. That's how he got the best of her in Astonishing. I know some people had problems with the Annual so I wanted to share this.

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...93039988404225
    The person talking to him was being a jerk, but he did bring up a good point that the Annual contradicts Phoenix: Endsong.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The person talking to him was being a jerk, but he did bring up a good point that the Annual contradicts Phoenix: Endsong.
    Anything that contradicts Endsong is a win for me. It was an horrible story that was supposed to be the final send off of Jean's character but it was very bad. it was all about Emma and how cool she was and how everybody got over Jean.
    (I'm not trying to attack you or Emma but that's what endsong was all about, i really didn't like it)
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-16-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Which is weird considering Phoenix Resurrection also written by Rosenberg had a panel of White Phoenix on the WHR...

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Anything that contradicts Endsong is a win for me. It was an horrible story that was supposed to be the final send off of Jean's character but it was very bad. it was all about Emma and how cool she was and how everybody got over Jean.
    (I'm not trying to attack you or Emma but that's what endsong was all about, i really didn't like it)
    I loved Endsong and thought it was an intriguing attempt at bringing Jean back. Had Warsong been followed up with the spculated mini to close out the trilogy or it been concluded with Second Coming, it would have been awesome. In retrospect Endsong seemed pointless as it led to nowhere with Marvel retconning it and not giving us any payoff

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Yeah, I don't like when fans attack creators like that. We might not always like what's done, but that doesn't give anyone the right to react like that.

It does, but its not too shocking. With them moving Jean away from the Phoenix, I'm not surprised to see them pretending like it didn't happen.