Page 93 of 324 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 4846

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I keep seeing on Twitter “Saoirse Ronan as Jean Grey for MCU”. I haven’t seen enough of her work to know how she would do but I do think they will reboot the X-Men if they join the MCU.
    Oh, they are definitely getting rebooted.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm worried that they might try to skip over Jean, but I'm pretty optimistic that they will use her in the MCU. They don't need to rehash the Phoenix to use the character. The romance between Jean and Scott is iconic, and she has a strong relationship with Xavier and Storm. It'd be nice to see a friendship/sisterhood between Storm and Jean. Hopefully they'll start having Wanda go down the more magical route and leave the mental powers to Jean.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm worried that they might try to skip over Jean, but I'm pretty optimistic that they will use her in the MCU. They don't need to rehash the Phoenix to use the character. The romance between Jean and Scott is iconic, and she has a strong relationship with Xavier and Storm. It'd be nice to see a friendship/sisterhood between Storm and Jean. Hopefully they'll start having Wanda go down the more magical route and leave the mental powers to Jean.
    They can't skip over Jean. I'd argue she's the most indispensable member of the X-Men.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    They can't skip over Jean. I'd argue she's the most indispensable member of the X-Men.
    Plus, she's arguably one of the easiest to branch out into Avengers or Cosmic stories, if they try to do Benign Phoenix on-screen (though I doubt it.)

I just hope Feige finally treats the characters as they should be, and the casting is on point.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Plus, she's arguably one of the easiest to branch out into Avengers or Cosmic stories, if they try to do Benign Phoenix on-screen (though I doubt it.)

I just hope Feige finally treats the characters as they should be, and the casting is on point.
    Given what Feige's done with the rest of the MCU, they're probably going to be fine.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Unless they do that thing we dread of starting off the X-Men in the MCU right after Jean’s death. Sigh then we haft to wait for Jean’s return. Jean fans are always waiting. At least comic wise she’ll be around. I’m hoping the MCU will start with the O5 plus Storm.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Given what Feige's done with the rest of the MCU, they're probably going to be fine.
    Issue is, with such a big cast over the years, someone's bound to be cut (though given waht has historically happened with FoX-Men movie cameos, they'd be better off not showing up at all.)

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Unless they do that thing we dread of starting off the X-Men in the MCU right after Jean’s death. Sigh then we haft to wait for Jean’s return. Jean fans are always waiting. At least comic wise she’ll be around. I’m hoping the MCU will start with the O5 plus Storm.
    I'd think that they'll be testing overall sales and response to the very Jean-centric comics we have now to see how big a role she gets, and what stories they decide to tell. The cornerstone characters necessary, IMO, are basically the TAS cast (+ the remainder of Claremont's original line-up). That's a very versatile cast with good interactions, visuals and stories.

Me, I am hoping they give Jean a visual power signature, even though TK does not really need it. Wanda needs to have her mojo altered, though, because after AoU she basically became a Jean stand-in. I love the character in the movies (because Feige is Feige), but she really needs some more bite. That mini-series for the Disney streaming platform sounds like gold now.

Issue is, with such a big cast over the years, someone's bound to be cut (though given waht has historically happened with FoX-Men movie cameos, they'd be better off not showing up at all.)

I'd think that they'll be testing overall sales and response to the very Jean-centric comics we have now to see how big a role she gets, and what stories they decide to tell. The cornerstone characters necessary, IMO, are basically the TAS cast (+ the remainder of Claremont's original line-up). That's a very versatile cast with good interactions, visuals and stories.

Me, I am hoping they give Jean a visual power signature, even though TK does not really need it. Wanda needs to have her mojo altered, though, because after AoU she basically became a Jean stand-in. I love the character in the movies (because Feige is Feige), but she really needs some more bite. That mini-series for the Disney streaming platform sounds like gold now.
    What color would her power signature be?

Wanda could have been a magic wielder in the MCU (guess they knew Strange was coming and made her powers more TK/TP). Turning people into bricks, rabbits, birds etc. There are many things you could have done with Wanda’s powers. Though maybe if they bring in a young Jean, Wanda could be her mentor/guide outside Xavier. Though AvX is coming down the line.
    First X-Lady

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    What color would her power signature be?
    I'm hoping for pink. Its what I associate the most with Jean. Plus, I think it'd look super pretty on the big screen.

I too was Hoping to see Jean's power signature with color on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm hoping for pink. Its what I associate the most with Jean. Plus, I think it'd look super pretty on the big screen.

It would and I don't think anybody else has pink powers in the MCU so it would be pretty unique too. I hope they give her these psychic bubbles too but they might look awkard in live action

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I too was Hoping to see Jean's power signature with color on the big screen.
    I'm a little afraid of that. I do not like the energy effect used by Marvel movies so far. Scarlet Witch effects look a little cheap. I hope they develop something new to visualize psy powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I'm a little afraid of that. I do not like the energy effect used by Marvel movies so far. Scarlet Witch effects look a little cheap. I hope they develop something new to visualize psy powers.
    I agree with you, because after the Captain Marvel trailer hit I realized something that didn't particularly bother me before: everyone's power signature in the MCU looks galaxy-like (think the pink Andromeda kind). Carol's beams, her flares, Bifrost teleports, Wanda's mojo, etc., they all look like that with some color adjustment. Time to work on that.

They could actually go for something a little more understated and have psi's eyes glow when using powers (white for Emma, lavender/purple for Betsy, and so on), and bigger flares when going all-out power surge.

Also, yes, I'd love to see Jean's power signature be pink (red and green are the other [obviously] iconic Jean colors, but red is Wanda's and green tends to look/be associated with villains in DisMarvel). The tricky part would be clearly differentiating Jean's pink from Betsy's lavender/purple.

Is anyone else going to miss Sophie as Jean if the recast? I may have some GoT bias, but I really think she did good in AoA and will be great in DP.
    Last edited by FeniSam; 09-20-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    It would and I don't think anybody else has pink powers in the MCU so it would be pretty unique too. I hope they give her these psychic bubbles too but they might look awkard in live action
    Scarlet Witch does. Pink is a shade of red and her power comes across pink in many shots

They could actually go for something a little more understated, and have psi's eyes glow when using powers (white for Emma, lavender/purple for Betsy, and so on), and bigger flares when going all-out power surge.

Also, yes, I'd love to see Jean's power signature be pink (red and green are the other [obviously] iconic Jean colors, but red is Wanda's and green tends to look/be associated with villains in DisMarvel). The tricky part would be clearly differentiating Jean's pink from Betsy's lavender/purple.

Is anyone else going to miss Sophie as Jean if the recast? I may have some GoT bias, but I really think she did good in AoA and will be great in DP.
    Psylocke is the easiest to differentiate. She has a butterfly effect when she uses her TP in the comics so that should be her signature in the MCU

I wont miss Sansa as Jean. She was serviceable but definitely didnt leave an impression to the point where I find her synonymous with the role