Page 101 of 324 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4846

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Hard to make out much since it's in Russian and taken from a phone, but it looks great! Can't wait to see the full English version. With this leak, I hope it comes out even faster.
    I am almost 100% sure this was a planned publicity stunt to create anticipation after virtually no updates on a trailer and the Feige overseeing announcement.

Thanks for the help, SpiderClops!

spoilers:
    I'm not sure I'm down with whatever happens in the car to Jean and her family. Are they going with Phoenix as a totally malevolent entity that needs restraining (the X3 plot but with the bird effects) or just giving Jean a personal duality that allows for Phoenix/DarkPhoenix? God, I just want to know if I should be dissapointed or excited in advance. It's basic FoX-Men protocol by now.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

I saw the leaked trailer....it didn't thrill me. It seemed to take a bit from X3 which I'm not thrilled with. I expected more Phoenix.

Not sure if this has been posted, again sorry for the double post, but apparently Not!Jean Phoenix has telepathy.

So, that's how Sara Pichelli would draw Jean. Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    I am almost 100% sure this was a planned publicity stunt to create anticipation after virtually no updates on a trailer and the Feige overseeing announcement.

Thanks for the help, SpiderClops!

spoilers:
    I'm not sure I'm down with whatever happens in the car to Jean and her family. Are they going with Phoenix as a totally malevolent entity that needs restraining (the X3 plot but with the bird effects) or just giving Jean a personal duality that allows for Phoenix/DarkPhoenix? God, I just want to know if I should be dissapointed or excited in advance. It's basic FoX-Men protocol by now.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    My guess is the car incident is going to be the first manifestation of Jean's powers. If so, interesting that they'd swap that for the Annie Richardson story.
    end of spoilers

As always, my primary concern with redoing the Dark Phoenix story, especially so quickly in movie terms, is how they'll choose to end it. The classic take is that Jean HAS to die, but after they already did that with X3, I have no idea if doing it again will sit well with general audiences, even if it is inline with the original story.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I saw the leaked trailer....it didn't thrill me. It seemed to take a bit from X3 which I'm not thrilled with. I expected more Phoenix.
    As the first trailer, I could see them wanting to keep the full Phoenix meltdown until later on, even if we already saw it in Apocalypse. I just hope they don't screw the DPS again.

Also, LOL @ that Proto-Phoenix being basically a Proto-Jean in cavemen attire. Aaron and subtlety don't go along, but it works for me.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Same. I was really anticipating this, and maybe the next trailer might make me happier. But that trailer matches the rumored script leak from this summer, which doesn't instill faith that Jean and the Phoenix will be handled like we would want.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Same. I was really anticipating this, and maybe the next trailer might make me happier. But that trailer matches the rumored script leak from this summer, which doesn't instill faith that Jean and the Phoenix will be handled like we would want.
    I hope Feige can actually get involved, if only to salvage what he can. I just want Jean and the DPS to get the treatment they deserve in a big blockbuster, for once.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Someone in the Dark Phoenix discussion thread gave a rough translation of what they said if you want to check it out.
    Thanks for the heads up. I rarely visit that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think so, as far as i know the fox movies and the marvel comics weren't related. some people think that perlmutter had some kind of feud or recentment for the cinematic rights and tried to sideline the x-men for the inhumans, so the relationship between movies and comics wasn't probably a good one or at least one that synergized much.

I believe it's thanks to Bendis Jeen showing that she still can kick ass and this probably led to adult Jean's resurrection and huge focus.
    Yeah, no way is the movie to blame. Bear in mind that because movie Jean is so young, she's more like the teen version than the adult one. The real reason is probably that teen Jean proved popular (she even had a solo book) and they decided they were going to get rid of the time displaced teens. So they brought back the adult Jean. Though I do wonder what they were thinking when they killed Cyclops!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, no way is the movie to blame. Bear in mind that because movie Jean is so young, she's more like the teen version than the adult one. The real reason is probably that teen Jean proved popular (she even had a solo book) and they decided they were going to get rid of the time displaced teens. So they brought back the adult Jean. Though I do wonder what they were thinking when they killed Cyclops!
    Cyclops was just overexposed. he had almost a decade of focus much of it about tearing his character apart. Marvel just got tired of him and didn't know what to do with him.

I hope that now that jean is getting the focus marvel doesn't deconstruct or mess with the character in a bad way for cheap drama.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Cyclops was just overexposed. he had almost a decade of focus much of it about tearing his character apart. Marvel just got tired of him and didn't know what to do with him.
    Marvel also wrote themselves into a corner with the Hitler comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    spoilers:
    My guess is the car incident is going to be the first manifestation of Jean's powers. If so, interesting that they'd swap that for the Annie Richardson story.
    end of spoilers

As always, my primary concern with redoing the Dark Phoenix story, especially so quickly in movie terms, is how they'll choose to end it. The classic take is that Jean HAS to die, but after they already did that with X3, I have no idea if doing it again will sit well with general audiences, even if it is inline with the original story.
    I suppose spoilers:
    the car accident
    end of spoilers adds an extra layer of drama, though we'll have to see how it plays out. Jean did seem reclusive and everyone feared her in Apocalypse, so they may be setting a precendent. And yeah, they have an upill battle with the ending of the movie, especially to avoid rehashing too much.

Liefeld:
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

His Jean needs to eat a burger. Her headgear here is at its worst

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I never understood the appeal of Liefeld's art, it's so ugly.