Page 138 of 324 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 4846
    Ultimate Member

Well Marvel has done a strong job of demonizing him over the last decade or so, often to make Scott look better...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well Marvel has done a strong job of demonizing him over the last decade or so, often to make Scott look better...
    Look Scott better really?Who's branded "hitler" again?

WHAT?!?!?!?

I didn't like Cyclops when I first started reading comics. I started cheering for him at Bendis's Uncanny run because the sheer level of hate being thrown at him since Schism started made him sympathetic by comparison. Characters going out of their way to attack him even when he is helping.

Editorial spent all of Schism making Wolverine the good guy and Scott the bad guy. Almost no one went against that except Bendis.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Everybody acted pretty bad for the last decade. It was all about antiheroes, hero vs hero and villains. Everybody looked like a douche. Writers and editors confused edgyness and cheap drama with development and quality story telling.

I wonder if Jean would have fared any better...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Whose art is this? Can't read the siggy to save my life.

Xavier? Hecks yeah. He was a casualty before he was actually knocked off. Hopefully he and Jean will get better treatment even after that unfortunate Annual happens lol.

Not that the Young Xavier thing has been good for the character either though.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post

Xavier? Hecks yeah. He was a casualty before he was actually knocked off. Hopefully he and Jean will get better treatment even after that unfortunate Annual happens lol.

Not that the Young Xavier thing has been good for the character either though.
    It was a really bad idea, that only helped see Xavier as a villain. Like steal Fantomex body? screw that

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I think that's Jay Anacleto

Really it does kinda suck to be leader of the X-Men. Xavier being a bit of a pompous ass has been part of his character practically since it started. But then the really pushed it with hit after hit including his failed team of X-Men led by Vulcan and the whole bit with Danger (I'll admit I actually disliked the character Danger for a long time because I did not see her addition as particularly valuable for yet another "Prof. X is Jerk!" story I didn't need). Marvel made it so the X-Men HAD to kick him out. And once he was gone it was Scott's term to put the big target on his back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I think that's Jay Anacleto
    Aaaah thanks!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Look Scott better really?Who's branded "hitler" again?
    That was all done before Scott got labeled as Hitler, it was back when Marvel was pushing Scott as the leader of all things X and that he wasn't making the same terrible decisions that Xavier made, that he was better than Xavier...and to do that they demonized Xavier first...as for Jean, I'd rather they pair her off with Logan than some random guy that would then be jettisoned and forgotten about the second that Scott came back if it even lasted that long...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    holy guacamole! Dang Jean looks crazy powerful!

Probably just me, but i do not get the whole off-shoulder Betsy costume. She move's around a lot to stab people with that psychic knife thing, who in her right mind will wear an off-shoulder costume?!? Feels like one of her breast is gonna pop out in the middle of a battle.
    Last edited by mike7171; 10-15-2018 at 08:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Everybody acted pretty bad for the last decade. It was all about antiheroes, hero vs hero and villains. Everybody looked like a douche. Writers and editors confused edgyness and cheap drama with development and quality story telling.

I wonder if Jean would have fared any better...
    Thank god she was dead for most of that time, sad to say. Quesada hated the more noble characters. Even Thor and Captain America spent time dead until Disney bought Marvel. Ultimately rescuing Marvel from Quesada's jaded misogyny was one of the best things Disney could have done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    But she's not. And her intention seemed pretty darn clear about that.
    Rosenberg said that Jean/Phoenix are codependent. That would suggest they aren't done.

Jean wanted a break from her cosmic duties and wanted to live as a human mutant, at least for now.

This is no different from when she was brought back late 80s. As Marvel Girl, but they never stopped hinting Phoenix until they finally had her go full Phoenix route. With the movie coming out I doubt they'll wait long. We'll have to see, but I'm not sure the orange color signature is just to differientate her from Psylocke. Adult Teen Jean was called Phoenix in the future and took out four Silver Surfers before manifesting a Phoenix effect and kicking Galactus butt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Thank god she was dead for most of that time, sad to say. Quesada hated the more noble characters. Even Thor and Captain America spent time dead until Disney bought Marvel. Ultimately rescuing Marvel from Quesada's jaded misogyny was one of the best things Disney could have done.
    The overriding impression I get of Quesada and his cronies is that they were a bunch of geeks who desperately wanted to be jocks, and decided to live out all of their saddest fantasies through their stories. Too bad they couldn't just do that without forcing this on all of us as well though.

I think it’s just the pose she’s in. The costume is slightly off shoulder but it covers the majority of her breasts and offers support. I love it as it reminds me of pre-armor Betsy. Besides, Emma wears far less with almost no support and has engaged in physical combat and no one complains about her.

Jean’s armor seems to be based on the cover artist for Xmen red #1. I love the details on it but those ridiculous shoulder baking pans. I still love the art and can’t wait to see it colored!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    holy guacamole! Dang Jean looks crazy powerful!

Probably just me, but i do not get the whole off-shoulder Betsy costume. She move's around a lot to stab people with that psychic knife thing, who in her right mind will wear an off-shoulder costume?!? Feels like one of her breast is gonna pop out in the middle of a battle.