Page 152 of 324 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 4846
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jean and the phoenix
    tumblr_pdqva9767x1sp1wslo1_500.jpg

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Well, based on what I remember of AvX, Tony Stark.
    I meant behind the scenes, even visually I can think of several characters who may have looked "cooler" if that was the sole reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    [/B]

Endsong was tolerable for the time, yet looking back Jean was missing or confused for most of it as the PF is passed between her and Emma. But mostly, speaking strictly as a fan of Jean it did her no favors she was resurrected after HCT only to be used as a background character and to re-officially confirm Scott/Emma.

What's worse is initially Pak or Marvel depending on who you believe envisioned that as the LAST, Jean Grey story. Warsong however should not of happen or most certainly shouldn't have involved the PF, it came back to Earth looking specifically for Jean per Endsong, then in the next miniseries it's returned again to possess the Stepford Cuckoos in order to complete...Phoenix work. Ultimately both were cash grabs that shouldn't have existed simply because neither did anything to further or develop Jean's journey, only a means to kill her then use aspects of her mythos with others which actually started the trend.
    Warsong was supposed to be an extension of Endsong, with QQQ's conduct being the reason it was part of the Cuckoos (with Sophie being the catalyst), but something got botched along the way.

Emma was only a host for an extremely short time during Endsong, and the whole message was supposed to the rise of the White Phoenix, powered by how much everyone cares about Jean.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Warsong was supposed to be an extension of Endsong, with QQQ's conduct being the reason it was part of the Cuckoos (with Sophie being the catalyst), but something got botched along the way.

Emma was only a host for an extremely short time during Endsong
    , and the whole message was supposed to the rise of the White Phoenix, powered by how much everyone cares about Jean.
    Didn't she spent nearly a whole issue possessed in a 5 issue miniseries, while Jean was frozen solid several feet under ice? Again, I read the issue when it came out and LOVEED the art, hindsight however is key, nothing that was stated in Endsong hadn't already been said in NXM and elaborated on far better.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    This makes me want to see a storyline where Big Cosmic Threat of the Event comes to Earth and the Phoenix Force is given to everyone on the planet in order to fight it off. This will include Phoenix fish, Phoenix kids, Phoenix bacteria, and Phoenix fungus.
    It's the next logical step on phoenix saga LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Didn't she spent nearly a whole issue possessed in a 5 issue miniseries, while Jean was frozen solid several feet under ice? Again, I read the issue when it came out and LOVEED the art, hindsight however is key, nothing that was stated in Endsong hadn't already been said in NXM and elaborated on far better.
    The intention of endsong was fase out Jean, and cement Emma and Cyclops as the next x-men power couple.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's the next logical step on phoenix saga LOL

The intention of endsong was fase out Jean, and cement Emma and Cyclops as the next x-men power couple.
    To their credit, that worked for ten years, which is a while in comics.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

To their credit, that worked for ten years, which is a while in comics.
    It lasted from 2004 to 2012, 8 years or even less. Well they put all energies on these two, even screwing up Jean in the process

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Turning the Phoenix into some kind of cosmic std was so dumb, but yet here we are. I think I will always love Morrison's version of the Phoenix even though in some ways he didn't help with the many hosts (but I feel he was working with what was already done to the Phoenix but he still kept the story very Jean centric and kept the Phoenix intimately close with her and gave her a destiny within the Phoenix force).

Rosenberg's version has the Phoenix being manipulative and deceitful which is contradictory to something that burns through lies and self deception. I would loved to have seen Jean truly tame/defeat the Phoenix and show why she is the prime host and show that she can handle it. In Morrison's run Jean was confident when Scott started to worry. At the same time they did so many bad things with the Phoenix and to Jean's family (Scott, Xavier, the Greys) that I could see Jean rejecting it and trying to move on with her life and resenting the cycle of death and rebirth. It makes sense story wise, but why did they have to go this route with the Phoenix.

Jason Aaron wrote Jean as White Phoenix in a Wolverine issue where he described the Phoenix as the symbol of Jean Grey. Then flashforward a few years to AvX and now Old Man Logan Phoenix and Thor hammer Phoenix. WTF happened.
    You look away for 5 seconds and there is Aaron using the phoenix. If only he was doing it right this time, but wolverine phoenix? oh pls

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Phoenix X Thor just feels weird, right after Phoenix X Odin.

Its like Jean X Kurt, right after Rachel X Kurt
    Phoenix and Odin were thousands of years ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It lasted from 2004 to 2012, 8 years or even less. Well they put all energies on these two, even screwing up Jean in the process

You look away for 5 seconds and there is Aaron using the phoenix. If only he was doing it right this time, but wolverine phoenix? oh pls
    Agreed. And mostly in alternate universe stories since he can't use it in the present for the most part. Though I did like when the Shi'ar gods summoned the Phoenix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I feel like with other people the phoenix is just a power up, that could be replaced with any other. When it's Jean is different, is part of her character and story. it means something (usually bad).

Besides other avatars are just tools, according to Phoenix resurrection the Phoenix seems to be in love with Jean.
    That is very true and Jean Grey the 12 issue book explains why. The power of Jean Grey as the Phoenix is unparalled. Look at the Phoenix 5. While they were able to take over the Earth, there weren't able to break Wanda's spell. Hope was the one who did that (with Wanda's help). Jean as Phoenix has saved the universe from destruction, amputated a corrupt universe and rebooted it, saved a planet from Galactus and she saved a planet from the celestials.

Jean Grey is special, it's why Jeen was able to beat the Phoenix and make it resurrect her. None of the other hosts could have done it. It merely possesses them. Jean is a true avatar (avatar means physical manifestation of a celestial force).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Any story that gets into Phoenix business without Jean is just a fanboy lacking restraint from giving his pet character all the powerz. From Warsong to Phoenix 5, all garbage.

Now you KNOW...smh lmao
    Completely agree. It's read for the most part as pure fan fiction and not even professional writing. I did like when the Shi'ar gods summoned the Phoenix and I did like BC Phoenix who was basically a cave lady version of Jean, as it ended erasing the future in which Quentin would have become Phoenix (because he completely pissed the force off).

BANNED

I kind of want the Phoenix back because aesthetic. The black suit from PR, and making the fire raptor.
    Overall though, I don’t want it back at all, because those are terrible reasons, and she can kind of do a raptor out of psionic energy on her own.
    I love the Phoenix suit from PR. I don't think they'd bother introducing a new Phoenix look if they weren't going to plan on using it soon. I think the Phoenix never really left, they had her vaniquish it because they wanted to tell the story of Jean's reintegration within the X-Men and within Marvel Universe as a hero (she worked with Namor and Black Panther).

The Red preview is out and the art is pretty good. I like how confident Jean is and her team interactions. I’m nervous about who is writing her next after Red and the Uncanny 10 parter.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    The Red preview is out and the art is pretty good. I like how confident Jean is and her team interactions. I’m nervous about who is writing her next after Red and the Uncanny 10 parter.
    You think it's Hickman? Or rather who would you like it to be?

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    You think it's Hickman? Or rather who would you like it to be?
    if hickman does it imma geek so hard
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"