Page 160 of 324 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 4846

I too want to see Emma and Jean meet again. It would be fascinating as they've never truly interacted extensively without the Phoenix looming directly overhead (early Morrison MAYBE, but you could argue against that as well). But right now we have no idea what Emma's status will be in the new run which will be the deciding factor in how Emma and Jean may approach each other, if they ever do. We're supposed to have a better idea after her issue of X-Men Black comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Eh, people learn to move on, eventually. Between my family and friends there've been divorces, adultery, etc. so I've seen it all. They'll never be friends, but can get to a place where they're cordial. With Scott currently deceased, they could share a few words regarding that. Plus there's the whole HCT arc where Jean wanted him to move on, so by that point, her anger seemed to no longer be there like it was when she first found out about the affair.
    The issue of Jean Grey's solo were they talked exemplified this. They were as civil as they ever were together, so not-friends but can tolerate each other without making a big to-do about it.

Also, this reminds me, according to X-Men Blue, adult Jean does have some semblance of teen Jean's memories. So does that mean she remembers all the time she spent with Emma when she was her pupil?
    Last edited by ariwl1; 10-23-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I too want to see Emma and Jean meet again. It would be fascinating as they've never truly interacted extensively without the Phoenix looming directly overhead (early Morrison MAYBE, but you could argue against that as well). But right now we have no idea what Emma's status will be in the new run which will be the deciding factor in how Emma and Jean may approach each other, if they ever do. We're supposed to have a better idea after her issue of X-Men Black comes out.
    Which needs to hurry up.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I feel like the stronger Jean's presence becomes, Emma's role will be smaller and more antagonistic. Even if Marvel tries to pair them on the same side. They are like water and oil and too antagonistic to really work like nothing or friends.

It's not a fun rivarly like Cyclops/Wolverine i feel like Emma/Jean is way more serious and personal.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Also, this reminds me, according to X-Men Blue, adult Jean does have some semblance of teen Jean's memories. So does that mean she remembers all the time she spent with Emma when she was her pupil?
    I feel like Marvel will slowly erase anything to do with the time displaced O5. It can complicate things a little, like for example the laura/warren relationship, Jeen's interactions with OML and jeen interactions with Emma. they may had somewhat friendly interactions on bendis run and jeen tried to save emma in blue but they also had bad ones like when emma tried to mindrape tyke.

It's all in the writing for me. When done well like Hopeless did, it's great fun. When done poorly, which admittedly is probably a lot more common at this point, it is annoying and Emma is the one who usually comes out looking the worst for it, as she's been portrayed as being near obsessively bitter about Jean which doesn't strike me as something she'd do.

It's all in the writing for me. When done well like Hopeless did, it's great fun. When done poorly, which admittedly is probably a lot more common at this point, it is annoying and Emma is the one who usually comes out looking the worst for it, as she's been portrayed as being near obsessively bitter about Jean which doesn't strike me as something she'd do.
    I think the only other person besides Hopeless who worked this resentment into the story without losing Emma's voice was Rosenberg, in PR. They clearly knew they were going the OTP route with Jott at the end of the mini, so having Emma acknowledge that before it actually happened in a rather detatched way really worked, at least for me.

The problem seems to be that the bad blood between Jean and Emma runs all the way back to the DPS, with good reason, with Scott only adding fuel to the fire and simplifying the (very real, far worse) reasons both women should realistically despise each other. IF the writers decide to tackle that after the Black issue or in UXM, I hope they acknowledge as much of that shared history as possible in a way that moves them forward (either further apart or to work together reluctantly).

X-Men Blue gave several possible explanations for how adult Jean remembered Generations:

1) The Phoenix brought Jean the memories after Phoenix Resurrection.
    2) Adult Jean has teen Jean memories
    3) Teen Jean was broadcasting the memories into adult Jean.
    4) Adult Jean was reading teen Jean's memories.

I think option 2 is the least likely, since adult Jean would then know the outcome of Extermination the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    X-Men Blue gave several possible explanations for how adult Jean remembered Generations:

1) The Phoenix brought Jean the memories after Phoenix Resurrection.
    2) Adult Jean has teen Jean memories
    3) Teen Jean was broadcasting the memories into adult Jean.
    4) Adult Jean was reading teen Jean's memories.

I think option 2 is the least likely, since adult Jean would then know the outcome of Extermination the whole time.
    Well, I think option 2 is viable as long as Adult!Jean has Jeen's memories up to the point where they both resurrected, and only until then. Otherwise I'm lost as to why Jean would know about Extermination, could you explain, please?

Only reason she'd know about Extermination is if she never got mind wiped. But that would mean that she'd have her pink form and telepathy as early as issue 9 of the original 1963 series, so it's impossible.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Only reason she'd know about Extermination is if she never got mind wiped. But that would mean that she'd have her pink form and telepathy as early as issue 9 of the original 1963 series, so it's impossible.
    Yeah, they made it a point to state that the O5 needed to go back to when they came from, exactly as they were, so they really need to make up their minds reagarding the Jeans. The big problem is that they haven't acknowledged how much of Jeen's history is known/has had an effect on Adult!Jean, and Taylor has only used her powers as they have always been and not refereced any of the things Jeen accomplished. I hope they just say something specific, soon.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I feel like the stronger Jean's presence becomes, Emma's role will be smaller and more antagonistic. Even if Marvel tries to pair them on the same side. They are like water and oil and too antagonistic to really work like nothing or friends.

It's not a fun rivarly like Cyclops/Wolverine i feel like Emma/Jean is way more serious and personal.
    Scott and Logan always had the Jean element, but since nothing ever happened it is not big deal. The thing only got bad on schism.

Jean/Emma got it much worse. Emma helped Shaw corrupt Jean, and then went for Scott just to screw over Jean. There was a psychic affair and after jean's death, a relationship with Cyclops.
    This is really another level, not even comparable to logan/scott.

I think i ssafe to know that Jean doesn't remember the teenage momeries from Jeen. Generations is the only thing she remembers

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Scott and Logan always had the Jean element, but since nothing ever happened it is not big deal. The thing only got bad on schism.

Jean/Emma got it much worse. Emma helped Shaw corrupt Jean, and then went for Scott just to screw over Jean. There was a psychic affair and after jean's death, a relationship with Cyclops.
    This is really another level, not even comparable to logan/scott.

I think i ssafe to know that Jean doesn't remember the teenage momeries from Jeen. Generations is the only thing she remembers

Jean is a very good girl, but I doubt that she can forgive Emma after this, maybe she forgive her but only in the sense: I don't want to kill you anymore. But never to the point of being friends. Jean can work with Emma on some mission but only if it is strictly necessary, I doubt she is happy being next to Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Jean is a very good girl, but I doubt that she can forgive Emma after this, maybe she forgive her but only in the sense: I don't want to kill you anymore. But never to the point of being friends. Jean can work with Emma on some mission but only if it is strictly necessary, I doubt she is happy being next to Emma.
    I don't think anyone is asking or even think they can be friends. I can see Logan/scott being friends again, emma/Jean were never friends.
    The writer would have to be very crazy to write them as friends.

How often is Emma's involvement in Dark Phoenix Saga brought up though? I can't remember the last time. If you'd never read the original story you could easily think that Mastermind did the whole thing himself.

And to be a superhero means you're capable of forgiveness/acceptance on a near superhuman level for the sake of story expediency. Emma straight up stole Ororo's body at one point and they coexisted on teams civilly for years (though, like Jean, they'd never really be friends).

The issue of Jean Grey's solo were they talked exemplified this. They were as civil as they ever were together, so not-friends but can tolerate each other without making a big to-do about it.

First off the Jean solo,that wasn't jean talking to Emma that was some kind the rapture of the Phoenix. As for the them interaction...don't ask something that you know won't end well for Miss Grey