Page 35 of 324 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

As i said before. Warren is pretty easy, He just has to give up his powers.

During the black vortex crossover Iceman, Cyclops, adult beast and Kitty got powers from the vortex and gave them up. Angel was the one who didn't want to do it trying to somehow escape becoming archangel but he just has to renounce to his new powers. Archangel is too iconic to change in any way.

Bless Wada. She looks gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Yes, but don't you think telling a story of how Jean starts to deal with the world, gets over the depression, finds new hope and resolve as she connects with new kids, people, mutants and reminisces with her old friends would be a better story than a panel of "Xavier brainwashed Jean to not be depressed, so she's happy and hopeful and ready to save the world" that will likely not be referenced again?

I feel cheated. When I read the first pages of the preview, I felt Rosenbergs depressed Jean was in character for someone who just came back and sees what all her friends have been through. I was looking forward to her talking with beast, Bobby, Warren and Xavier, all of them having moments together reflecting on what they've survived and sacrificed and deciding it was worth it and that they'd do it all over again, to see them cry together, laugh together, discuss their issues, how Bobby has finally come out, talk about beasts bitterness, discuss how Warren is now an introverted jekyll Hyde she'll of himself, talk to X, question him about what he's up to, make jokes about his new body while being wary, give that air of them finally being equals and comfortable with him after so many years, talk about his failings and how their working to forgive him.

We should have gotten Bobby and Warren discussing each others lives, these two haven't had a good conversation in years, Bobby making a joke about dating angel, beast regretting not making up with Scott before he died, then Xavier trying to pool the wool over them with telepathy and Jean stopping him but not letting the others know because she doesn't want them angry at him, and he comments about how she always kept his secrets and knew the dark things about him.

The story should have been about the O5 and Xavier Connecting.
    We didn't need more reason for them to distrust him like brainwashing them or setting up for Lucifer's death in a way that they would automatically blame him
    We didn't need pages of Bobby being an idiot,eating a giant burger and complaining about it
    We didn't need a pointless villain plot that didn't really add anything in the end

There are so many better ways that Xavier could have shown them and convinced them about what the world would be like if they didn't fight and give them resolve. The way Rosenberg did it casts a shadow on the Xavier and O5 relationship and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    I agree. And Tom Taylor already wrote Jean with her heroic and hopeful attitude immediately after her return in the Red Annual. That's why I'm treating this X stuff as changing her attitude toward her past and with the O5 only. It was a waste like you said, but I am not giving this issue the canonical weight of developing Jean's character (especially cause the Red annual did that already and it was great).

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I love Brooks art
    extermination5.jpg

Steve McNiven draws a good Jean. (He has draw Jeen before, and a panel of Jean.)

Quick question for people, about Jean being d ad for so long. For us Nean was dead for 14 years! But how long is that in comic time line?3 or 4 years maximum?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I love Brooks art
    extermination5.jpg
    Agreed. That's a beautiful cover. I actually like Jeen's hair here. Otherwise, I prefer it longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    God bless his heart. This is everything.

Also, I'm really hoping Taylor manages to make stuff in Red interesting, because after reading that issue 10 solicit, it does feel like the Cassie story will have dragged far too long by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Quick question for people, about Jean being d ad for so long. For us Nean was dead for 14 years! But how long is that in comic time line?3 or 4 years maximum?
    The sliding timescale has always been really problematic, even more now that Marvel seems to disregard continuity so much, it sometimes feels every X-Book is in its own universe. However, I think the general rule is that it's been around 14-15 years since FF #1, so Here Comes Tomorrow must have been like 2-3 years ago, IMO. If anyone has quotes or scans that provide some more clarity, they'd be much appreciated.

It's amazing that Jean is all over November's solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    It's amazing that Jean is all over November's solicits.
    About time, wouldn't we all agree?

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I went to my comic shop to pick up my copy of Rogue & Gambit, and they had MMX 2 and Red 7 out for tomorrow, and I had a brief discussion, and I COULD have read the copies in my folder, but I have things to do, so I need to wait until tomorrow.
    ughhhh
    Then I went to half price books, sold some books, and got X-23: Target X and Phoenix Resurrection.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    About time, wouldn't we all agree?
    It's been 14 effing years.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I really love this! Looks Great but her costume is, just, sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I really love this! Looks Great but her costume is, just, sad.
    The costume looks good there. Better than her first cover