Page 203 of 324 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 4846
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

My favorite issues was the ones with Emma.

There's no need to read anything into Jean-Bishop-Storm. Typhoid Mary had her powers boosted to insane levels and she psychically trapped the X-Men in a big soap opera illusion because she's apparently obsessed with them. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    There's no need to read anything into Jean-Bishop-Storm. Typhoid Mary had her powers boosted to insane levels and she psychically trapped the X-Men in a big soap opera illusion because she's apparently obsessed with them. That's it.
    10000% True boss

BANNED

I'm actually more upset at the portrait of storm in that issue that didn't do her any favors

I thought the Typhoid Mary story was a fun little story. It was nice seeing Jean do things. I'm not even mad that she was briefly manipulated telepathically. Let's face it.. it is a pitfall of being a telepath. Ask Rachel Grey. It happens, but she got through it quick. I liked seeing Jean trying to help Mary.

I also loved the team. You had Storm, Iceman, Jean Grey, and Bishop. All we needed was Colossus and Archangel to have a Gold Team reunion.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Sadly Storm has been wallpaper since IvX. It sucks what has happened to her, you have to read her appareances on Black Panter to see something cool with her.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-07-2018 at 07:30 PM.

Jean had some fun not being the one cheated on this fake love triangle hahahaha poor girl
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-07-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Fantastic Member

Not fond of the Typhoid Mary Art and not fond of the idea of Bishop, because of is past paramours and I'd like Jean with an A-Lister, but I did LOVE X-Men Red today. My favorite aspect, as always, is Jean interacting with people who are not the usual X-Crowd. Tony Stark telling Jean it's good to see her again made me squee, I love the rest of the Marvel U so much. Steve Rogers has always seemed to like her. I think I consider Resurrection and X-Men Red, one long Jean return storyline. I really like it. I read about comics on other sites and what's interesting to me, is that people who are very open with the fact that they have NEVER liked Jean in the past, now can't wait to read about her.

I'm sad Red is ending but I hope this means we will see Jean around elsewhere. Even outside of Uncanny. I think Jean should be the go to Telepath for the Avengers. I already like her panel chemistry with Tony and Steve Rogers. Jean is very good with people and that should allow her to cross the franchise barriers.

If Jean were a Game of Thrones character, she would be Margaery Tyrell.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

She would be Ned Stark. Noble, honest, nice and dies.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Just red X-Men #10. I guess the smackdown i am looking forward to is not gonna happen, and I doubt #11 will deliver what i want either. Sigh.
    Have to agree I love Taylor's Jean, only problem I have is she's a bit too passive, Jean v. Cassandra should have happened in this series it's unfortunate it probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That Jean Grey issue was the final reason I don't want to see Emma and Jean together. Hopeless hates the adult Jean, seems like he was on some internet forums for some of the arguments made.
    It was completely pro-Emma, making little of the suffering of Jean. I didn't saw Emma ask forgiveness for all the **** she threw on Jean.

Storm lead almost got all x-men wiped, it was badly done. All for the white savior do it half-assed villain journey. i don't judge the Storm fans hard, because they got robbed really bad

All of this, ANYTIME someone brings up Hopeless as "proof" of Jean and Emma needing to interact, his Jean is the worst voice Jean's ever had. On top of that it seemed she was there only to act as validation to all the things Emma had been harboring, just a complete misunderstanding of the character on every level!!!!

Also, Emma is in part responsible for Jean dying, but poor and vile Jean how dare she invade the mind of the woman who'd intentionally tried to cause her pain and interrupt Emma's "love story", you know the same woman whose in part responsible for said relationship!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    "You lied to me, Jean. You stole my man."

That's a hard pass from me.

4/10.
    Took me completely out the panel, there's certain words or phrases I personally can't imagine specific characters saying and that's just no... no.... no!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Disappointing. It only got decent towards the end with Psych War but the Marvel team up featuring an annoying version of JG was awful. The art overall was pretty bad. Definitely not worthy for the first solo featuring Jean as lead
    This!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 11-07-2018 at 07:00 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Maybe this is on the nose a bit, but Jean would be Sansa. Initially small and weak and young, grows into a young lady who leads competently and is strong despite all of the things that have happened to her.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    If Jean were a Game of Thrones character, she would be Margaery Tyrell.
    Jean's not manipulative enough to be Margarey. I wouldnt call her a social climber or an opportunist

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    She would be Ned Stark. Noble, honest, nice and dies.
    I would say she's more of a Catelynn. Similar characteristics you mention of Ned but much more fiery when it comes to fighting for those she loves and what she believes in. Her contempt for Jon was also reminiscent of early Jean/Rachel.
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-07-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    That doesn’t change the fact that the avengers didn’t cooperate before knowing that she was “manipulated”. And didnt she willingly go to Doom?

Avengers also wanted to forcefully take Hope, imprisoned Scott and caused all the Phoenix force drama. They really were causing the X-Men a tons of distress.
    I do t understand why you think Cyclops should NOT have been in prison for his various crimes and murder of Charles, he was the keader if the Lhienix 5 who murdered people and caused humanity a lot of suffering......

If we have to reference AxX at all, which I would rather not do!

My god seriously the CuteClops guy just can't stop bashing Jean and calling her boring Mary Sue I mean if he can't take how red is doing why bother reading it then? Why call other people favourite Mary Sue but hate when Cyclops is attack it's abit messed up

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    My god seriously the CuteClops guy just can't stop bashing Jean and calling her boring Mary Sue I mean if he can't take how red is doing why bother reading it then? Why call other people favourite Mary Sue but hate when Cyclops is attack it's abit messed up
    He intentionally trolls. Just ignore it and dont take it personally