Page 94 of 324 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 4846
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    They could actually go for something a little more understated, and have psi's eyes glow when using powers (white for Emma, lavender/purple for Betsy, and so on), and bigger flares when going all-out power surge.

Also, yes, I'd love to see Jean's power signature be pink (red and green are the other [obviously] iconic Jean colors, but red is Wanda's and green tends to look/be associated with villains in DisMarvel). The tricky part would be clearly differentiating Jean's pink from Betsy's lavender/purple.

Is anyone else going to miss Sophie as Jean if the recast? I may have some GoT bias, but I really think she did good in AoA and will be great in DP.
    AoA????????

What about blue?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    AoA????????
    I was speaking about Sophie specifically, but yes, I actually enjoyed AoA.

starduck, they might try the blue given her current outfit, but I still think they should lean more towards the red/pink spectrum if only to match with the hair.

starduck, they might try the blue given her current outfit, but I still think they should lean more towards the red/pink spectrum if only to match with the hair.
    He's referring to the fact that there is no AoA movie

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'll miss Sophie. I thought she did a good job in Apocalypse, and really appreciated the chemistry she had with Tye. I would've liked to see more of those two.

BANNED

There is no age of apocalypse movie.

Totally my bad on AoA, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'll miss Sophie. I thought she did a good job in Apocalypse, and really appreciated the chemistry she had with Tye. I would've liked to see more of those two.
    I think they really can bring good stuff to the roles. DP should either confirm or debunk that, whenever they finally release it.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    What about blue?

I did like the Blue on XM TAS. Thanks for that action pic of Jean, starduck. I love it!

Although, I kind of prefer Blue for Xavier. But they could have 2 different shades of Blue, maybe.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-20-2018 at 01:52 PM.

I also like Sophie and would have liked to see her play a more confident future Jean, but we'll see.

Regarding power signatures, I'll always pull for pink for a non-phoenix Jean though a light blue could work too. For the movies what might work best though is how they did it in X-Men Evolution with a colorless signature. And whenever she makes a construct like a shield they can warp the image within it like you're looking through a lens.

In comparison to MCU Wanda, to better differentiate Jean would require focusing on the style of the energy effect and the actress when she uses her powers.

Wanda's energy is largely ephemeral and is constantly shifting, looking like both a cloud and electricity. Jean's energy, if you could see it, could be animated more as a solid hard light effect.

Wanda is constantly moving when she uses her powers, not just her fingers but often her entire body shifts from one stance to the next, giving the impression that she really is casting her powers by way of near-dancing. Jean doesn't actually need to use her hands to use her powers (I don't know if Wanda does for a fact), but she does in-story probably as a means to help her focus and out of story it helps the audience with dramatic effect and gives a visual cue to what she's doing. I can see Jean having a solidly grounded pose where she moves only when necessary to shift her attention.

In fact, this can be used to show an escalation of stakes. For example, early in a film, Jean could stop a hail of bullets by raising her hand and holding it firmly in front of her, like she's putting up a solid wall. Later on, under similar circumstances, she could make no movement at all, showing the audience that she's really getting seriousl

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    So Kurt can now just stick to stuff like Spider-Man?
    Always could. But why bother wallcrawling when he can teleport?

Micro-Suction Discs: Nightcrawler can stick to objects with the surface of his hands and feet. This enables him to scale surfaces.
    Superhuman Agility: Nightcrawler's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels beyond the human body's natural limits.
    Superhuman Reflexes: Nightcrawler's natural reaction time is enhanced to a level beyond the human body's natural limits.
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Kurt_Wagner_(Earth-616)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Could a multicored power signature work?

Could a multicored power signature work?

Would that make Jean the Psychic Type gym leader [of course it would]? Heh. Not sure if they'd go for it, maybe they have enough rainbow beam action with the Bifrost.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I did like the Blue on XM TAS. Thanks for that action pic of Jean, starduck. I love it!

Although, I kind of prefer Blue for Xavier. But they could have 2 different shades of Blue, maybe.
    They could make Xavier's powers dark blue or purple

Would that make Jean the Psychic Type gym leader [of course it would]? Heh. Not sure if they'd go for it, maybe they have enough rainbow beam action with the Bifrost.
    Too bad Ho-oh isn't Psychic, it would be the perfect pokemon for her

Too bad Ho-oh isn't Psychic, it would be the perfect pokemon for her
    Jean with Ho-oh and Moltres? Yes please!

The lens idea sounds nice too, ariwl1, and it reminds me of an episode of Charmed where particularly strong TK was shown like a wave that expanded from Prue's hand. It looked cool for the 90's, the scene was particularly funny and I'll post the gif if I find it, lol

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

We only have 4 issues of teen Jean left
    I love the adult, she is the real Jean and better than the teen but jeen is awesome too. It's like she were dying forever but she was my first Jean. It's so sad.