Page 303 of 324 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 4846

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    When she decided to put on the green Phoenix costume again, she told Cyclops she did it because she was sick of suppressing her powers just because they frightened others.

It's a shame all that character development has been wasted to make her more of a pacifist than she was even in the 90s. Teen Jean was allowed to fight and take on others and be powerful. It's not that Adult Jean isn't powerful (Cassandra could not kill her, she can easily defend herself) it's just that she refuses to be aggressive. She could have easily shut down Typhoid Mary if she wanted to, but refused too.

I think a bigger part of the problem is Uncanny their are too many characters, and characters that could easily do something have to hold back to give the others something to do. Storm could have electrocuted all of the Madroxes, blown then away with the wind, drowned them, or otherwise knocked them all out. Polaris could have screwed with the electrical impulses in their brains or with the iron in their blood.
    The issue you're describing is just storytelling in general. When you have characters that have been around this long, and the threats don't keep pace, then problems like this are going to occur. Jean could plausibly kill the entire population of the US Eastern seaboard without leaving her bedroom. So you either have the character look weaker than they are, or you run into the Anime/Manga problem of enemies suddenly being strong enough to present a credible threat and all of a sudden, every main character can end planets or galaxies.

It is holiday time that slows down posting? This is the first time I've seen this thread drop off the front page since I joined. I went through and made sure no normal posters got banned.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It is holiday time that slows down posting? This is the first time I've seen this thread drop off the front page since I joined. I went through and made sure no normal posters got banned.
    Hm, I don't know. Some other usually active pages are also on page 2 right now...

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Two posts today? Wow.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm sure there'll be more activity tomorrow when solicitations come out.

My favorite panel from last week's X-Men Red:

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

If solicitations release tomorrow. Diamond asked publishers to change the date of release. DC will release on thursday, no word on Marvel.

Jean:Bitch please, i'm the best telepath

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    If solicitations release tomorrow. Diamond asked publishers to change the date of release. DC will release on thursday, no word on Marvel.

Jean:Bitch please, i'm the best telepath
    Permanently? Or just because of xmas?

Just waiting till extermination comes out, I want to see what makes Jean angry.

Any see how vibrant and red Meras hair is in Aquaman? That's the kind of hair I want for Jean in the movies

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Just waiting till extermination comes out, I want to see what makes Jean angry.

Any see how vibrant and red Meras hair is in Aquaman? That's the kind of hair I want for Jean in the movies
    Hell yeah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

One of Jean's more badass moments since her return. It was a thing of beauty.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Two posts today? Wow.
    It's gonna be slow for a while since Red is over, we're losing our spare Jean tomorrow and after UXM #10 it'll be at least one Jean appearance per month due to Age of Nate.

images.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Permanently? Or just because of xmas?
    Diamond asked to delay, so retailers would gain 2 more days to focus order for the next month. makes no sense to me.
    Marvel gonna release today

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It's gonna be slow for a while since Red is over, we're losing our spare Jean tomorrow and after UXM #10 it'll be at least one Jean appearance per month due to Age of Nate.

images.jpg
    I know that image of Jean head in the bed...! That is from TAS Phoenix Saga, when Jean was hospitalized after the shuttle landing!

Fantastic Member

Has anyone thought that they may set an 90s Jean and she will be Phoenix again but she develops Phoenix powers on her own like Jim Lee intented and at the end she reconnects with the Phoenix? This also gives the movie feeling that marvel wants...