Page 130 of 324 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 4846

This is just my view/opinion of Jean and Phoenix. I also do not see it as a possession and I do not like that characterization of the relationship. I like how Claremont dealt with the retcon in Classic 8 where Phoenix takes Jean's consciousness or as Jean described in a X-men Revolution era issue that she allowed their souls to merge.

Instead of a possession or even Phoenix copying Jean I like the idea that the two beings merged into one being. So I see it as: there is Jean, the Phoenix Force and there are times when they are merged together which is Jean with the Phoenix Force. I think this makes sense and it can explain how they are sort of separate characters but when they are merged together they are one.

It works for me so I'm sticking with it. As I've said too many times to count, thinking too hard about the Phoenix just gives headaches.

I also like Dennis Hopeless' explanation that Jean is the Phoenix's favorite host because she embraced it fully and that her power and influence as Phoenix was unmatched (may not be exact paraphrase but it is pretty close).

Yeah possession implies she had little to no control, basically no agency, which I dont believe to be the case

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I also don't think Jean is nor should be stronger than the PF, what I hope that's maintained is her unique relationship to the force even when she isn't hosting it. As far as her power level, I'm just comfortable with her being a competent tp/tk.

Similarly I think she should be one of the top psychics, after all her genes, no pun intended are in some form or fashion responsible for producing some of the strongest psychics!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah possession implies she had little to no control, basically no agency, which I dont believe to be the case
    It's a symbiotic relationship, but the Phoenix can also take full control of the host. I would call that a possession, if only temporary.

New from J Scott Campbell. I am in love...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    what happened to Jean and Storm's heels? Looks like their feet hurt

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

That's good for Campbell tbh. He drew Mary Jane with hooves.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    That's good for Campbell tbh. He drew Mary Jane with hooves.
    LOL...where was this? That I need to see

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

LOL...where was this? That I need to see
    I misremembered, it was Mystique.

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Amazing Member

Just wanted to share this here. An illustration I completed the other day of Famke as Jean/Phoenix
    Enjoy!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MattSimasArt; 10-11-2018 at 09:12 PM.

You know, I can't recall the last time I saw J Scott Campbell drawing women standing with their feet flat on the floor. I think it's just how he likes to draw women's feet, heels or no heels.

Anyway, from what I remember, Jean's 90's outfit was usually drawn without heels. Storm's outfit, on the other hand, usually did have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Yeah, it's a great image, and the colorist also did an amazing job. Here's a larger version taken from his Instagram (although a little pixelated).

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Wow. That is another gorgeous piece by J. Scott Campbell. I saw a collection of his art at NYCC. It's among the best in the business.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Not possessed? The D'Bari galaxy might have a few issues with that statement. She was also possessed on account of technically not really being alive during Endsong (though she regained some control fairly quickly).

Other than that, the current canon for the Phoenix isn't that terrible. Yeah, it got thrown around a few more times than needed, but the canon is consistent over the last ten years, which is more than other cosmic objects.

The major points are that A) It's a cosmic force that has existed since the beginning of time B) It's on the Celestial scale of power C) Jean is her favorite host due to her seeing beyond the bounds of life and death and her high empathic abilities and D) She lives through the emotions of her host, and therefore her power can override the will of the host in order to facilitate this need to live through emotion and E) She prefers Omega level telepaths as hosts but will bond with weaker beings during emergencies.

Past those five points is just subject to the will of the writer. Some good, some bad.

But the Phoenix being her ultimate form is from a time long since past, and pushed even further away by Jean deciding to take her own future into her own hands without the bird. It may be a positive step for the character.
    Sheesh!

Re D’bari, how can it be a possession when it was not Jean’s body? What meaning of possession are you taking? Your point about Endsong makes no sense in light of your first post. Yes the writers can make whatever they want of ir, thats why the whole Phoenix thing is a mess. I know my preferred version is a time long past, but its how it was all first portrayed and is in my heart. I”m not denying when writers are doing with it now. Your point about Phoenix doesn’t stand up well her and Odin’s fling. There has been no consistency in how Phoenix has been potrayed for the last ten years, and Jean was ‘dead’ for most of that apart from Endsong, which is rarely referenced now. In the end we can all point out holes in other writers idas, how they have been presented. But let’s face it, anyone as Phoenix apart from Jean is just inferior and a plot device really. The only Phoenix stories that do well are those involving Jean.

So let me enjoy my views instead of trying to point oit I am wrong or out of touch with current ideas / representations of Phoenix. I’m much more interested in Jean than a Force, though I love Jean as Phoenix too.
    Last edited by Portsian; 10-12-2018 at 12:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Sheesh!

Re D’bari, how can it be a lossession when itvwas not Jean’s body? What meaning of possession are you taking? Your point about Enfsong makes no sense in light of yourvfirst post. Yrs thevwriters can makevwhat they want of ir, thats whynthe whole Hoenix thing is a mess. I know my preferred version is a time long past, but its how it was all first portrayed and is in my heart. Im nit denying when writers are doing with it now. Your point about Ohoenix doesntbstand up well her her and Odins fling. In the end we can all point out holes in other writers idas, how they have been presented. But lets fave it, anyone as Phoenix apart from Jean is just inferior and a plot device really..

So let me enjoy my views instead of trying to pointbout I am wrong,mor out of touch with current ideas / representations of Phoenix. Im much more interested in Jean than a Force
    Is it you writing or just a "bug" in the system that messed things up?

Quote Originally Posted by MattSimasArt View Post
    Just wanted to share this here. An illustration I completed the other day of Famke as Jean/Phoenix
    Enjoy!

Really love the shade of red you used and the hair looks really good.
    First X-Lady