Page 286 of 324 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 4846

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    OK, Lets place bets now.

Will Wolver-Phoenix-Gauntlet...

A. Go back in time and prevent Jean from becoming the Phoenix on the shuttle altogether (or if going by the 86'retcon, prevent the merger/replacement from happening as well)?

B. Be the one who causes the Shiar Weapon to blast Jean to ash on the moon?

C. Prevents Jean from becoming Dark Phoenix, but not good Phoenix?

D. Prevents Dark Phoenix from killing/committing genocide?
    Well, Wolvie did like Jean empowered as Phoenix-- he said that she was "my kind of a girl in a fight!"

I go with choice C.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    OK, Lets place bets now.

Will Wolver-Phoenix-Gauntlet...

A. Go back in time and prevent Jean from becoming the Phoenix on the shuttle altogether (or if going by the 86'retcon, prevent the merger/replacement from happening as well)?

B. Be the one who causes the Shiar Weapon to blast Jean to ash on the moon?

C. Prevents Jean from becoming Dark Phoenix, but not good Phoenix?

D. Prevents Dark Phoenix from killing/committing genocide?
    All of the above and to go further beyond, be the real father of nu cabel and Rachel, and be the one who really killed Xavier to make Scott look like crap

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

jean saved herself from Dark Phoenix jesus christ marvel READ YOUR OWN GODDAMN STORY

This could be the best story Marvel’s had in the last decade and I’m still not getting it on principle, although I guess I’m going to HAVE to read the scans.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Joke's on you. They've revisited the Phoenix story multiple times. It's less grave robbery and more like beating a dead horse with a dead horse.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Joke's on you. They've revisited the Phoenix story multiple times. It's less grave robbery and more like beating a dead horse with a dead horse.
    Yeah, but they still kept the actual story pretty much the same. This seems like big changes.

jean saved herself from Dark Phoenix jesus christ marvel READ YOUR OWN GODDAMN STORY

This could be the best story Marvel’s had in the last decade and I’m still not getting it on principle, although I guess I’m going to HAVE to read the scans.
    This. Jean saves Jean. Scott has an important, but supporting role in the story, but in the end it is about Jean Grey before anyone else.

If this retcon changed the way the original retcon went I would be fine with it. But I doubt it's gonna do that, it would be too much trouble and it's likely some Wolverine nonsense as everyone has said already.

The Phoenix history does need big changes to remove John Byrne's stupid egg.

Anyway, they probably won't change anything. The teasers are for a story, they're not directly going and changing things and calling it a day. The posters can still make people think they will do that, though, because we remain gullible.

Since the 1980's! A precious company tradition!

I have no words for this.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

the company did two secret wars, can't let go of age of apocalypse,.

nothing is sacred

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Dark Phoenix retcon coming?
    On one hand, the Dark Phoenix Saga and the relationship between Jean and Phoenix needs some fixes, but on the otherz this isn't going to correct those things and will instead further transplant Jean's story onto someone else, probably a male.

Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnn boooooriiiiinnnng.

I was wondering if they were going to do something for the DP movie. I’m sure this will revisit the DP saga. Wonder if it’s a what if like story.
    First X-Lady

I do agree with other posters that Jean saves Jean. Scott did have part as the whole transition from Marvel Girl to Phoenix was about empowerment and the long saga was supposed to be their love song if I remember correctly. He played a part in reaching her humanity, but ultimately she saved herself.