Page 231 of 324 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 4846

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think Gwen is an A-List right now, Jason Todd not so much?... Like, as someone who doesn't read DC I don't really know the difference between all the Robins and stuff. But Gwen has been on movies and Marvel is pushing Spider-Gwen hard right now on lots of cartoons.

Anyways, Age of X-Men: Marvelous X-Men:

Written by Lonnie Nadler & Zac Thompson
    Art by Marco Failla
    Cover by Phil Noto
    February 6, 2019
    Classic Gwen isnt A-list. the character got luck that people got interested and Marvel decided to turn it into a ongoing. it was pretty recently that happened.
    Jason is the Robin that went wrong, not A-list.

Really want to see more Phil Noto on X-men. pretty good cover

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    i dont think supporting characters are a-lists
    I have to give this one to spirit, even if i disagreed with him on the rest. Gwen was a supporting characther and the "Lost Love" to Peter, there is Spider-Gwen but she doesn't really count, being a completly different version of the original (scrath that all post-Death Gwen are very different from the original) and she is more of a B-List. You could make an argument about Jason, considering the popularity of the Robin mantle, but at the time, he was a supporting characther for Batman, nothing more, he came back and now is a B-List. I don't think that Jean was ever treated as a C-List thougt.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

i dont think supporting characters are a-lists
    Most arent but there are definitely some that are. Lois Lane most definitely is. Alot of Batman's supporting cast have been including Dick Grayson and Batgirl (Babs)

I think Gwen is an A-List right now, Jason Todd not so much?... Like, as someone who doesn't read DC I don't really know the difference between all the Robins and stuff. But Gwen has been on movies and Marvel is pushing Spider-Gwen hard right now on lots of cartoons.

Anyways, Age of X-Men: Marvelous X-Men:

Written by Lonnie Nadler & Zac Thompson
    Art by Marco Failla
    Cover by Phil Noto
    February 6, 2019
    I love this cover, Kurt and Laura have almost the same hairstyle and oh God! Contemplate at Jesus Gray!

Currently Jason is very famous and has led his own teams, is still a character in the mythology of Batman but like Dick is increasingly away from the stories of the bat. In the past I don't know but he is currently an A-list.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Oh please you want to relax? first it's not certain that nothing else to return, Scott and Jean return immediately to be together. Then during the last years Marvel have focused on Jeen to the point that in several cases they took many things from Tyke. With Scott and Jean that never happened, maybe the 90's but that was not for Scott. Even if Jean and Scott are together again immediately that doesn't mean anything bad to Jean, I mean in the 90's they were in seperated teams, that can happen again, Jean can lead his team while Scott leads his team (yeah it's obvious that Scott will not be like Tyke, he has always been a leader and it would be very strange that he wasn't) but even if they are on the same team, that would still not be a problem. Currently Scott is not as loved by the X-men as he should, many don't respect him or simply don't want him, Jean obviously she will be on of those who love him and those who trust him, the role of Jean in making the X-Men again trust Scott is vital, so once again Jean will not lose prominence and always the two can lead at the same time, each have things that the other not I have always seen more as they together are the perfect leader of the X-men with the militant spirit of Scott and the compansion and diplomacy of Jean.

That Scott returns and that he and Jean are together again doesn't mean any impediment to Jean except obviously kissing and sleeping with other people.

I also don't understand why so much madness, I mean that Logan was returning equally and I don't see people complaining about it, Logan is not the best leader but that has not prevented Marvel from giving him that title in the past and we all know that Logan it is almost always the center of attention.

Besides we only have conjectures that what Marvel does is maybe something that we have not even imagined.
    Why we are worried about Scott and not Logan?

Because Logan has zero to do with what Jeans does or not. Simply like that

Logan was only leader because he fought with Cyclops, so he took over the school.

Why we are worried about Scott and not Logan?

Because Logan has zero to do with what Jeans does or not. Simply like that

Logan was only leader because he fought with Cyclops, so he took over the school.

Does not matter. If Marvel wants him to be the leader, he will be (just look at Wolverine and the X-men), in the comics there were many other X-men that could have been the leader of the X-men and they were not, just look at Kitty nobody would have imagined her as the leader, but that was what they wanted and that was what we had. Now Logan is coming back from the dead and is the most beloved X-men of all, Marvel will not give him a secondary role, that is sure and if they want him to return to be the leader, he will be again. It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not.

is it safe to assume that the ugly costume from x-men red will be gone for good once things get back to normal?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    is it safe to assume that the ugly costume from x-men red will be gone for good once things get back to normal?
    No? It may happen if whoever's drawing her on a new regular book next wants to do a redesign, but right now there's nothing indicating that.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Classic Gwen isnt A-list. the character got luck that people got interested and Marvel decided to turn it into a ongoing. it was pretty recently that happened.
    Jason is the Robin that went wrong, not A-list.

Really want to see more Phil Noto on X-men. pretty good cover
    Wait, is Spider-Gwen A-List?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

No? It may happen if whoever's drawing her on a new regular book next wants to do a redesign, but right now there's nothing indicating that.
    I was just thinking that it would be a good time to give everyone a fashion makeover as a way to reinforce the idea of new beginnings
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Wait, is Spider-Gwen A-List?
    It's definetely not a sure thing, but I feel like if you kinda consider normal Gwen + Spider-Gwen as one when it comes to brand recognition, she becomes an A-List. She's one of the few supporting characters that are more famous than most heroes, like Lois and MJ, she's known by the general audience from the Andrew Garfield movies, she is/was on 2 cartoons and 1 animated movies just this year, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Does not matter. If Marvel wants him to be the leader, he will be (just look at Wolverine and the X-men), in the comics there were many other X-men that could have been the leader of the X-men and they were not, just look at Kitty nobody would have imagined her as the leader, but that was what they wanted and that was what we had. Now Logan is coming back from the dead and is the most beloved X-men of all, Marvel will not give him a secondary role, that is sure and if they want him to return to be the leader, he will be again. It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not.
    Wolverine is popular for sure, but his return hasn't been meet with too much enthusiasm. His leadership only happened because of the fight with Scott, you can't ignore it.
    Also he is a character that had solo books, so he doesn't steal spotlight that much from x-men books.
    Kitty didn't came from nowhere, she was one of th emost logical people to lead the x-men.

Maybe Logan is going to be the leader(I doubt this, since he is returning to anti hero status)), that Still leave Jean personal live free. That would be 1 bad thing and 1 good thing

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Wolverine is extremely popular, just because some people on this boards hate him doesn't mean he isn't or that people aren't happy to see him.
    These boards speak for a vocal but passionate minority.

is this alternate reality gonna last till june? arent' you guys worried that we arent gonna get any meaningful character development till its finally over? I did enjoy aoa at the time it was published but thinking back now it had zero impact on 616 jean

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Wolverine is extremely popular, just because some people on this boards hate him doesn't mean he isn't or that people aren't happy to see him.
    These boards speak for a vocal but passionate minority.
    as much as I cant stand him this is true.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!