Page 270 of 324 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 4846

Leslie Hudson performing her song "Feel It All", and how she identifies herself with Phoenix. (Video contains two songs, the link is set to start at the beginning of Leslie's intro.)

Lyrics and a studio version can be found on Bandcamp.

ETA: Apparently it starts from the beginning while embedded. The intro to Phoenix starts at 6:10.
    Last edited by kjn; 12-03-2018 at 02:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Also, there's the Dark Phoenix movie that takes place in the 90s, and Marvel loves its synergy (even more now that they got the rights back). Not sure how long they'll be able to stall and keep the stories 90-ish with all the push-backs the movie got, but I get it.
    The trailer did so well in China they decided to open the film in June just to get the Chinese market. So I perhaps Marvel wa te to follow the movie and show Jean transform into Phoenix again (sigh). I like her as Phoenix, but just because the movies are in the 90s it sucks the books have to go that route.

But the 90s were before Morrison’s mutant boom, Bendis’s mutant decimation, and the crappy MPox. So I guess I can see why they set things back to that era. And now we have two Sinisters, a female and a male.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The trailer did so well in China they decided to open the film in June just to get the Chinese market. So I perhaps Marvel wa te to follow the movie and show Jean transform into Phoenix again (sigh). I like her as Phoenix, but just because the movies are in the 90s it sucks the books have to go that route.

But the 90s were before Morrison’s mutant boom, Bendis’s mutant decimation, and the crappy MPox. So I guess I can see why they set things back to that era. And now we have two Sinisters, a female and a male.
    Considering Kinberg's comments on the many things that seem similar to X3, it's not surprising they're retreading with a better focus on the DPS and its iconography. Hopefully they'll find a way to twist it into something different, but I doubt it.

And yeah, the current editorial and writers are really looking at things with nostalgia glasses on, so the use of 90s elements and the ever-present Morrison worship are present.

this is adorable

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I hope Jean isn’t depowered to Marvel Girl level in this. With Storm, Magneto and Nate on the team as well, they should be a pretty strong team.
    Being a powerful character and having constant appearances, is very difficult. most writers don't know how to handle them and usually, they don't use their power in the right way or are weakened. Just looks at Frankling Richards or Superman, they are powerhouses but they don't seem very strong on their books. I fear the same will happen to Jean, maybe she won't be as weak as when she was marvel girl but she isn't going to be ultrapowerful.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-03-2018 at 06:32 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I hope Jean isn’t depowered to Marvel Girl level in this. With Storm, Magneto and Nate on the team as well, they should be a pretty strong team.
    Jean looks really young on this one. I wonder if she will be de-aged in the Age of X-Man run. Coz on the cover, everybody seems to have aged/matured. But Jean looked younger. We'll see.

As far as the 90s go, maybe apply similar formula on what worked in the 90s, but don't regress the characters. I like where Emma is the new Black King, and Magneto assembling the acolytes again, Psylocke changes, the new X, but keep the developments the
    characters has gone through and create stories using those elements moving forward. X-Men Red is a good jumping off point for Jean IMO and i want to see Jean progress from where she was on X-Men Red. I see these elements of Jean on Exterminated, but for some reason i do not see it in UXM. Might be too early to judge, but crossing fingers.

BANNED

I don't think Jean will be nerfed. At least I hope not.

I think Disney sees the opportunity to push its powerful females.

Then again, it is Marvel Comics and she is a girlfriend character so who knows.

I'll look forward to what's coming until there is a need to feel otherwise.

Glad you guys are picking up on some of things I am picking up on too hence my worries. She does seem younger. I’m hoping that’s just the artist. I don’t want her to be the one they are constantly saving or the one always being told to get people to safety while they handle this. X-Men Red is a step forward for Jean I hope other writers continue it.
    First X-Lady

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Last time someone asked JDW said that Jean is like only 27 years old, she feels way older though.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Last time someone asked JDW said that Jean is like only 27 years old, she feels way older though.
    Having the Cosmic Turkey in your life will do that to you.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The costume and styling (that headband) for Marvelous is what is making her look younger to me, one of the reasons I don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Having the Cosmic Turkey in your life will do that to you.
    Exactly. Kinda hard not to seem older and wiser having died and lost loved ones more than once, methinks.

She spent 12 years in the future being a mother so her coming across more mature and matronly makes sense

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I really doubt she’s actually 27. The OGs are probably mid 30s ... she’s younger cuz she’s been dead but I would say 30.
    And she also spent years raising cable ... so she’s mentally older.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I really doubt she’s actually 27. The OGs are probably mid 30s ... she’s younger cuz she’s been dead but I would say 30.
    And she also spent years raising cable ... so she’s mentally older.
    Thankfully Twitter isnt canon. It doesnt make sense for any of the O5 to be mid 20s. Iceman as the youngest should be at least 30