Page 282 of 324 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 4846
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    It’s what the people who went the Sophie Turner/Jessica Chastein DP panel are saying so we will see if it’s true or not. I think the trailer was shown to them, along with the 15 min preview. I saw a leaked screen shot of Scott on Twitter which quickly disappeared. If you search on YouTube you can find a clip of Mystique telling Charles the now famous line “the women are always saving the men around here, you might want to think about changing the name to X-Women.” Hopefully it’s still up.
    Okay,but it's quicksilver who did the most saving these days.

First X-Lady

I enjoy those variant covers by John Tyler Christopher made to look like action figures with packaging.

I noticed Jean's description is "omega level telepath". I wish it said Omega Level Mutant instead. Omega Level Telepathy describes those who are extremely skilled telepaths, and (while it fits Jean) it has been used to describe basically every telepath on the X-Men (Jean, Prof X, Psylocke, Emma, etc.). Jean is one of a few who are Omega Level Mutants, which is a term for classifying those with potentially unlimited power (Jean, Apocalypse, Iceman, Elixir, Franklin Richards, Nate Grey, Legion, etc.). I'm still annoyed Matt Fraction came up with "Omega Level/Class Telepath" since readers are always confusing the 2 terms.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I enjoy those variant covers by John Tyler Christopher made to look like action figures with packaging.

I noticed Jean's description is "omega level telepath". I wish it said Omega Level Mutant instead. Omega Level Telepathy describes those who are extremely skilled telepaths, and (while it fits Jean) it has been used to describe basically every telepath on the X-Men (Jean, Prof X, Psylocke, Emma, etc.). Jean is one of a few who are Omega Level Mutants, which is a term for classifying those with potentially unlimited power (Jean, Apocalypse, Iceman, Elixir, Franklin Richards, Nate Grey, Legion, etc.). I'm still annoyed Matt Fraction came up with "Omega Level/Class Telepath" since readers are always confusing the 2 terms.
    Also... jean's a telekinetic, too...
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

My favorite

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I usually dislike this kind of variant but this one is amazing.

BANNED

That hair on the bottom head is just...everything it should be

I’m really loving whoever is coloring these. They should come out with a toy already (at this quality level). Can you imagine a box set with the red team.
    First X-Lady

I would pay a lot of money for a figure like that. Has 3D printing advanced to this level of detail yet?

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    I would pay a lot of money for a figure like that. Has 3D printing advanced to this level of detail yet?
    Depends on the size. Normal action figure size? No.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    She lifted one in X-factor too, if i remember correctly
    You are correct. I asked the question of how much Jean was able to telekinetically lift now a month or so back in the Psylocke thread and this was her limit back in X-Factor. May not be straight up lifting, but she was taxing her powers to the limit nonetheless.

Also loved Ethan VanSciver's art. His Jean was exceedingly beautiful and he was so detailed.
    Last edited by Drey; 12-11-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    That hair on the bottom head is just...everything it should be
    Volume Queen for life <3

Also, sad to hear Van Sciver's work went donwhill, as Van Sciver himself kind of did too, in general. Still, he put out some stunning stuff in his heyday.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Volume Queen for life <3

Also, sad to hear Van Sciver's work went donwhill, as Van Sciver himself kind of did too, in general.
    I liked his work on Green Lantern before the guy went off the deep end and started trying to behead toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    You are correct. I asked the question of how much Jean was able to telekinetically lift now a month or so back in the Psylocke thread and this was her limit back in X-Factor. May not be straight up lifting, but she was taxing her powers to the limit nonetheless.

Also loved Ethan VanSciver's art. His Jean was exceedingly beautiful and he was so detailed.
    Given that it's a whole skyscraper in Red, and it's underwater, so there's drag and displacement, I'd give a conservative guess of 50,000 tons, maybe up to 200k or more.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I liked his work on Green Lantern before the guy went off the deep end and started trying to behead toys.
    LOL, that sounds like quite the Twitter rant, right there.

This cover just shows what is one of the things that frustrate me most about the current UXM: art tends to be amazing, but the story lacks so much substance I still can't really enjoy the issues as a whole. I hope that changes when it goes bi-weekly.