Page 98 of 324 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 4846

I think Sophie is scheduled for The Late Show interview. Not sure if she will talk about DP (also waiting to see if Jessica Chastein does any interviews). Some people are speculating Sophie might be with child but we will see in a few months.
    First X-Lady

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The way Jen Bartel draws Jean and the costume is STUNNING.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

If the Fox animated show had been done today I could see it looking like that, and i wouldn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

What a great cover! All the ladies look beautiful! Love seeing the power signatures too!

Love that cover by Jen Bartel. I notice she gave Jean a yellow power signature instead of pink. Maybe to distinguish her from Psylocke?

On a related note, I have a couple questions for the Jean historians. When did her power signature transition from wavy lines to something more akin to colored energy blasts? And when it did change, was the color first associated with her powers yellow or pink?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Love that cover by Jen Bartel. I notice she gave Jean a yellow power signature instead of pink. Maybe to distinguish her from Psylocke?

On a related note, I have a couple questions for the Jean historians. When did her power signature transition from wavy lines to something more akin to colored energy blasts? And when it did change, was the color first associated with her powers yellow or pink?
    I'm not certain as to exactly when or what came first pink or yellow, but her first distinctive power signature was during the green dress years she'd manifest a pair of telepathic eyes akin to Betsy's butterfly. Next, came my personal favorite which was when using her powers she was enveloped in a multicolored energy signature I wish I had an example.

Please other future artists, please please please drawn Jean's head gear this way.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I'm not certain as to exactly when or what came first pink or yellow, but her first distinctive power signature was during the green dress years she'd manifest a pair of telepathic eyes akin to Betsy's butterfly. Next, came my personal favorite which was when using her powers she was enveloped in a multicolored energy signature I wish I had an example.
    Is this the multicoloured energy signature you’re referring to?

C1D91938-08C3-4BF3-B35D-FA0A96F21C3A.jpg

I’ve always wished, in the modern-day comics, she would return to this energy signature. It would be super-distinctive and would set her apart greatly from other tepes/tekes.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Was this what you were thinking of? Funnily enough, my google search for Jean power signatures directed me to a lot of posts from the old Jean Appreciation thread. It's kind of sad the threads were rebooted since there was a lot of good stuff there.

Edit: ha, Conor posted the same image right before me. It's interesting how modern and vintage coloring can make the same image look very different.
    Last edited by nightw1ng; 09-24-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Please other future artists, please please please drawn Jean's head gear this way.
    And the boots.
    And the chest armor
    yeah jen killed it with jean.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    And the boots.
    And the chest armor
    yeah jen killed it with jean.
    I love how she just made the shoulder pads and chest armor into one thing.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 09-24-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Is this the multicoloured energy signature you’re referring to?

C1D91938-08C3-4BF3-B35D-FA0A96F21C3A.jpg

I’ve always wished, in the modern-day comics, she would return to this energy signature. It would be super-distinctive and would set her apart greatly from other tepes/tekes.
    Yeah, I have always loved that! It is great seeing it again.

I know the large eyes the Celestialbodies mentioned-- I think it was when Steven Lang was going to kill Jean-- she manifested a head with large eyes to Cyclops telling him to hurry to the lab.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-24-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Wow, this is the best rendition of Jean's costume at the moment, specially the chest and shoulders. Sadly it will be forgotten.