Page 150 of 324 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 4846

Don't remind me of the travesty of Avengers vs. X-men, Hope, or the Phoenix 5. It was during that time that I gave up the X-men for a few years. It was painful in many ways including how they often acted like Jean had died during the Dark Phoenix story and no one remembered her using or controlling the Phoenix since then. In that story the take away was that Jean couldn't control her emotions or the Phoenix. Yikes it was so bad, but there were moments I liked... the talk with Jean as moon dust, and the time where Cyclops made contact with the White Hot Room or the Jean apparition that appeared to him towards the end.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That Rachel comic is one of the best in the world, and has been one of my favorites. It's also my main reason for hating Logan as much as I do. She was a teacher AT HIS SCHOOL, yet he doesn't consult her when Cap visits, and as a result scares the Avengers into bringing an army to Utopia.
    Phoenix hosts: *makes world into a utopia, repurposing villains to provide services in a humane way*
    Avengers: "Look! Phoenixes! Bad! Attack!"
    Phoenix hosts: "Can you not."
    Avengers: *continue attacking*
    Phoenix hosts: *defend themselves with some small counterattacks*
    Avengers: "AAAAAAAH OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO EVIL"

My personal favorite "the avengers fucked up the entirety of AvX" is this one:

Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

AvX was a mistake. It has to be the dumbest event in the history of marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Don't remind me of the travesty of Avengers vs. X-men, Hope, or the Phoenix 5. It was during that time that I gave up the X-men for a few years. It was painful in many ways including how they often acted like Jean had died during the Dark Phoenix story and no one remembered her using or controlling the Phoenix since then. In that story the take away was that Jean couldn't control her emotions or the Phoenix. Yikes it was so bad, but there were moments I liked... the talk with Jean as moon dust, and the time where Cyclops made contact with the White Hot Room or the Jean apparition that appeared to him towards the end.
    yeah, Jean and Dark Cyke is great.

It really says something that the X-men's FLAGSHIP TITLE does a better job of vilifying the Phoenix Five in a couple TIE-IN ISSUES than the ACTUAL EVENT COMIC
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

I only got into Marvel recently, heard about it, thought "Huh, how'd those two end up going at it?" Then I found out why, though that made sense, then read it and some other stuff, and it's a massive pile of the Avengers fucking everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No Im not bc I find the character boring
    I read more the Jane series, i am not big fan of comic thor. But aaron odinson is very movie friendly.
    >
    it is not like Scott is the coolest guy on comics

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    It's not Logan guys lol.

Cyclops is coming back in January.

As for Jean getting that "unwavering focus, appearance in literally every book" treatment...let's hope not! I want her at the center for sure, but I hope they don't forget the X-Men as a whole.

We need to see lots of characters bouncing off her and vice versa anyway. She barely knows anyone really.

It's happened every time she's been gone for any prolonged period of time, also has your second point been confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I read more the Jane series, i am not big fan of comic thor. But aaron odinson is very movie friendly.
    >
    Now what does Scott have to do with my post?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    has your second point been confirmed?

No, it hasn't been confirmed. I personally think it will take a while.

I suppose marvel is just trolling cyclops fans but i suspect the annual will give some clues of whatever they want to do with Cyclops when he comes back or retcon something.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Now what does Scott have to do with my post?
    boring guys can make good couples

wait i dont like Jott LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Cap: "We've consulted Logan, our resident expert on the Phoenix, and we've elected to arrest Hope, although I'm like 95% sure he's going to try to kill her."
    Cyclops: "What about any of the other people that actually know what they're talking about, or the fact that Jean was a perfectly fine Phoenix host before Mastermind messed with her head?"
    Cap: "I don't worry myself with the details."

Although to be fair, neither the Avengers nor the X-Men thought of Rachel at any point.

the writers really wanted the punching or the event would end on the 2nd issue

BANNED

Any story that gets into Phoenix business without Jean is just a fanboy lacking restraint from giving his pet character all the powerz. From Warsong to Phoenix 5, all garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Now you KNOW...smh lmao

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    AvX was a mistake. It has to be the dumbest event in the history of marvel.
    My sentiment exactly.

So Nova spots the Phoenix randomly destroying planets and crashlands on Earth with the knowledge the Phoenix is headed there. The Avengers, rightfully afraid of death from above having dealt with Celestials and Galactus before, go to resident Phoenix expert Wolverine who escalated the conflict to what it became.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    No, it hasn't been confirmed. I personally think it will take a while.

I suppose marvel is just trolling cyclops fans but i suspect the annual will give some clues of whatever they want to do with Cyclops when he comes back or retcon something.
    Understood, and while I'd never want anyone's favorite to be "dead" or sidelined I honestly feel Cyke could use the break. I know that's blasphemous especially for his fans but he like Logan and especially Logan had been written into counters. And while I believe there is still lots more life in both characters, Scott has had years of consistent storytelling revolved around his thoughts, actions, and motivations. He's been written as far as he could at that point the actual story notwithstanding. All in all I think a few more years down the road is when he should return with a clear and concise new direction, whatever that looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Any story that gets into Phoenix business without Jean is just a fanboy lacking restraint from giving his pet character all the powerz. From Warsong to Phoenix 5, all garbage.

Now you KNOW...smh lmao

Agreed, especially when it's not even long term story telling or even the slightest acknowledgement of what the PF actually is. Everyone just thinks of it as their personal Macguffin to power up whatever character they enjoy and tell their lackluster version of the most basic premise of the DPS. That and I honestly believe most if not every writer after Morrison, have never actually read the DPS, or know the most basic details about what the Phoenix is.

Aaron, specifically is only interested in tying as many unrelated characters he can to the PF, I just wonder does no one ever have an idea that's consistent with what the PF is, was, or has done? Looking at stories like Warsong, or AvX, I'm left thinking of all the characters that have real relations to the Force they're really going for the possession then corruption storyline, AGAIN? My favorite most recent host was an alternate reality Vision...
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 10-18-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Understood, and while I'd never want anyone's favorite to be "dead" or sidelined I honestly feel Cyke could use the break. I know that's blasphemous especially for his fans but he like Logan and especially Logan had been written into counters. And while I believe there is still lots more life in both characters, Scott has had years of consistent storytelling revolved around his thoughts, actions, and motivations. He's been written as far as he could at that point the actual story notwithstanding. All in all I think a few more years down the road is when he should return with a clear and concise new direction, whatever that looks like.

Agreed, especially when it's not even long term story telling or even the slightest acknowledgement of what the PF actually is. Everyone just thinks of it as their personal Macguffin to power up whatever character they enjoy and tell their lackluster version of the most basic premise of the DPS. That and I honestly believe most if not every writer after Morrison, have never actually read the DPS, or know the most basic details about what the Phoenix is.

Aaron, specifically is only interested in tying as many unrelated characters he can to the PF, I just wonder does no one ever have an idea that's consistent with what the PF is, was, or has done? Looking at stories like Warsong, or AvX, I'm left thinking of all the characters that have real relations to the Force where going to "force" another character into a possessed storyline? My favorite most recent host was an alternate reality Vision...
    Yeah, I'm torn between "Bring Scott back!" and "His last arc was perfect don't ruin RightClops and make him apologize for everything!" which I just KNOW they're going to try and do.

Aaron, specifically is only interested in tying as many unrelated characters he can to the PF, I just wonder does no one ever have an idea that's consistent with what the PF is, was, or has done? Looking at stories like Warsong, or AvX, I'm left thinking of all the characters that have real relations to the Force they're really going for the possession then corruption storyline, AGAIN? My favorite most recent host was an alternate reality Vision...
    Phoenix seems like Oprah "you have the phoenix! you have the phoenix too! everyone has the phoenix!!!
    Instead of unique connection with Jean, Phoenix seems too much flexible