Page 153 of 324 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 4846

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    if hickman does it imma geek so hard
    No...if he really does it we all will geek so hard

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    No...if he really does it we all will geek so hard
    And I being a subset of "we all," I was still right, jus limited in scope.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Turning the Phoenix into some kind of cosmic std was so dumb, but yet here we are. I think I will always love Morrison's version of the Phoenix even though in some ways he didn't help with the many hosts (but I feel he was working with what was already done to the Phoenix but he still kept the story very Jean centric and kept the Phoenix intimately close with her and gave her a destiny within the Phoenix force).

Rosenberg's version has the Phoenix being manipulative and deceitful which is contradictory to something that burns through lies and self deception. I would loved to have seen Jean truly tame/defeat the Phoenix and show why she is the prime host and show that she can handle it. In Morrison's run Jean was confident when Scott started to worry. At the same time they did so many bad things with the Phoenix and to Jean's family (Scott, Xavier, the Greys) that I could see Jean rejecting it and trying to move on with her life and resenting the cycle of death and rebirth. It makes sense story wise, but why did they have to go this route with the Phoenix.

Jason Aaron wrote Jean as White Phoenix in a Wolverine issue where he described the Phoenix as the symbol of Jean Grey. Then flashforward a few years to AvX and now Old Man Logan Phoenix and Thor hammer Phoenix. WTF happened.
    Well, Jeen did own the Phoenix when she died and force the Phoenix to resurrect her. So if Jeen can do it, our Jean can! And I Jean is the only who can tame it and make it go away (PR, Endsong, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Agreed. And mostly in alternate universe stories since he can't use it in the present for the most part. Though I did like when the Shi'ar gods summoned the Phoenix.
    I love it, that the Phoenix appears whenever the Shiar gods start making out or getting freaky

So seems like we can discard Nightcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    So seems like we can discard Nightcrawler
    I'm still not sure JDW meant it was actually a romantic kiss/relationship. The answer was evasive and vague enough to be read in any light, lol.

Loved the Red preview, and Taylor seems to have embraced the fact that it's more a Jean solo than a team book. I am obviously on board with that, but it's not surprising sales diwndled.

A friend pointed out that the people on that team who would never let Jean face Rachel alone are Kurt, Remy and ESPECIALLY Ro, and only Kurt spoke to her (at least in the preview, and only to acknowledge the Guggs nonsense). Storm is far too wallpaper-y for an X-Book, period, but in one starring Jean? That's big. We'll see when the issue hits, though.

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    I'm still not sure JDW meant it was actually a romantic kiss/relationship. The answer was evasive and vague enough to be read in any light, lol.

Loved the Red preview, and Taylor seems to have embraced the fact that it's more a Jean solo than a team book. I am obviously on board with that, but it's not surprising sales diwndled.

A friend pointed out that the people on that team who would never let Jean face Rachel alone are Kurt, Remy and ESPECIALLY Ro, and only Kurt spoke to her (at least in the preview, and only to acknowledge the Guggs nonsense). Storm is far too wallpaper-y for an X-Book, period, but in one starring Jean? That's big. We'll see when the issue hits, though.
    a non-romantic kiss isn't news, but I'm very aware of the possible trolling from JDW

Sales aren't so bad, it is clear that x-office let it be a vanity project for Taylor. it is the bridge between ressurrection and whatever is coming.
    At least Ororo isn't taking a nap

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post

Yeah it's a tragedy what happens with Storm. I really wanted Jean and Storm to share some moments after so long. But they are still together in uncanny and for the foresable future.

i also thought kurt and rachel were over but it seems that it isn't the case. Gold really was a mess.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Sales aren't so bad, it is clear that x-office let it be a vanity project for Taylor. it is the bridge between ressurrection and whatever is coming.
    After so long of being out of the books Jean is practically a new character, things will get better as she gets more development.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah it's a tragedy what happens with Storm. I really wanted Jean and Storm to share some moments after so long. But they are still together in uncanny and for the foresable future.

i also thought kurt and rachel were over but it seems that it isn't the case. Gold really was a mess.
    It's almost disappointing Taylor decided to acknowledge THAT part of Gold, lol.

I hope all of the new apparent X-Female Trinity as per UXM covers (Jean, Ro and Betsy) actually get stuff to do throughout Dissassembled and are not just window dressing.

Spirit2011, I didn't mean that sales were bad per se, just that the drop was logical when non-Jean fans realized their faves wouldn't do much in the long run. I am glad Taylor's vanity project centered around Jean, but that's just me being selfish

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The new X-Girl Trinity is Laura, Jubilee and Betsy.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The new X-Girl Trinity is Laura, Jubilee and Betsy.
    None of them are girls except maybe Jubilee.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    None of them are girls except maybe Jubilee.
    I thought Laura is aged up to be around Jubilee's age? And Betsy was always in the O5 age range, I think, though we still don't know her technical age in the new body.

Yeah, Laura was actually born before Logan joined the X-Men, no accelerated aging. She's about 20, which is probably the same age as Jubilee.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Laura was actually born before Logan joined the X-Men, no accelerated aging. She's about 20, which is probably the same age as Jubilee.
    Didn't know that, thanks for claifying.

I do love we have a great number of prominent X-Women. They've always been the best overall X-Characters, IMO. Now I just need someone to get Polaris from Madripoor Limbo and I'd be set.