Page 146 of 324 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 4846
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    And now Jean is in that place, being the at the center of everything it's adouble edged sword. i hope writers and editors don't mess up with Jean but i have no faith in marvel anymore. they will jump at any chance for cheap drama.
    Singular difference I noticed is several other characters are being presented as featured players opposed to wallpaper, which consistently happened during Scott's tenure, other than Emma, Logan, Erik, and whatever kid sidekick whichever particular writer fancied at the time. Everyone else were peripheral figures, don't know what will happen but at least we have a selection of characters that feel, like the Xmen.

In ways that are hopefully progressive and steeped in good storytelling for everyone, not just Jean or characters connected specifically to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rachel and Kurt already broke up. She was rather cold about it and the implication is that their entire relationship was influenced by Mesmero
    Seemed like Kurt's feelings were completely genuine even if Guggs did little to nothing to develop them across her repeated comas, and him being impaled. Though an argument could be made for Rachel's feelings being influenced, although being fair to the writer he did present her feelings as straightforward in regards to Kurt.

Also, it's a 100% chance it's Logan, who else I doubt she's being put into anything long-term at least not at the present. Most likely it's their reunion, feelings get a bit oversized, Logan in thirst fashion kisses her. Or knowing Marvel, the sheer visual of Logan is enough for her to kiss him.

BANNED

It's not Logan guys lol.

Cyclops is coming back in January.

As for Jean getting that "unwavering focus, appearance in literally every book" treatment...let's hope not! I want her at the center for sure, but I hope they don't forget the X-Men as a whole.

We need to see lots of characters bouncing off her and vice versa anyway. She barely knows anyone really.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 10-17-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Also, it's a 100% chance it's Logan, who else I doubt she's being put into anything long-term at least not at the present. Most likely it's their reunion, feelings get a bit oversized, Logan in thirst fashion kisses her. Or knowing Marvel, the sheer visual of Logan is enough for her to kiss him.
    I personally doubt that is Logan, but if it happens, my opinion doesn't change. I like Jean and Logan as characthers, i like the friendship that they developed in the 90s, i enjoyed their romance in the Age of Apocalypse universe, i even liked when Classic Logan and AOA Jean had a brief thing. But i don't like much the idea of Classic Jean and Classic Logan together, i might give then a chance, but is not my first choice for a ton of reasons (among then LoganxMariko FTW ).

Ultimate Member

Last I checked that wasn't confirmed...

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    It's not Logan guys lol.

Cyclops is coming back in January.
    god dammit people stop trying to make me optimistic so I can get disappointed
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

I think everyone should just lower their expectations so we're not disappointed whoever it is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Last I checked that wasn't confirmed...
    Oh it hasn't been. But it's happening regardless.

Ultimate Member

I think that it's just to soon for him to come back, he needs to be gone for several years first...I just don't think that it'd be that hard to have Logan/Jean, especially now with Scott gone, besides which with Scott around everyone would be second guessing Jean if she were in charge and just waiting for them to get back together and waiting for Scott to take charge and Jean doesn't need that...

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I think everyone should just lower their expectations so we're not disappointed whoever it is.
    my expectations are at "none of the characters I care about will die soon" and that's where I'm keeping them.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    my expectations are at "none of the characters I care about will die soon" and that's where I'm keeping them.
    I care about the whole team, which is more than I can say for the Avengers or even the Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Didn't you guys read Jason Aaron's Thor?

It's going be Jean(Phoenix)xThor (which is already weird after making PhoenixOdin a thing).

Aaron has been going on about the incredible love the Phoenix has for Thor and how Thor is in love with the Phoenix.

He's waiting to get his hands on Jean.
    Saints preserve us, I can feel it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Didn't you guys read Jason Aaron's Thor?

It's going be Jean(Phoenix)xThor (which is already weird after making PhoenixOdin a thing).

Aaron has been going on about the incredible love the Phoenix has for Thor and how Thor is in love with the Phoenix.

He's waiting to get his hands on Jean.
    Saints preserve us, I can feel it!!!
    I said it many times before, I will say it again.

God Damnit Jason Aaron.

He is absolutely the worst of the worst.

I thought Thor was dating She-Hulk? That said, if it's true it's definitely gonna be temporary.

Can we just make a deal with Marvel?

I'll buy an entire set of whatever you're peddling this week if Jason Aaron never comes within a country mile of anything Phoenix related ever again. Deal?

He doesn't understand the mythos, and he doesn't want to. He sees it as a cool force of destruction that looks cool on the page, and that's it.

BANNED

Lol what's so bad about Jason Aaron and his Phoenix stories that are so different from when other unrelated pet characters got the Phoenix? It's the same junk.

I hope Jason Aaron is writing X-Men again.

Also, there hasn't been any hints that Jean is gonna get with Thor (though I wouldn't have a problem with it). Would totally fit my suggested "bold, confident, kinda wild" criteria. Lol