Page 97 of 324 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 4846

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Huh. Well, guess I'll have to ask my biology teacher. She said you couldn't after 35.
    Human growth hormone from the pituitary gland naturally peaks by around age 18, you coast on that high until about 25, and then it starts to noticeably decline past 30. That said, cells are constantly dividing and being renewed until you are dead, and HGH can be stimulated by intense exercise, trauma, and sleep(!) at any age. Most physiological decline associated with aging is largely the result of sedentary lifestyle, not a biological imperative. So you biology teacher is wrong, and there are scientific experiments that prove it if you want to do the research yourself.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Human growth hormone from the pituitary gland naturally peaks by around age 18, you coast on that high until about 25, and then it starts to noticeably decline past 30. That said, cells are constantly dividing and being renewed until you are dead, and HGH can be stimulated by intense exercise, trauma, and sleep(!) at any age. Most physiological decline associated with aging is largely the result of sedentary lifestyle, not a biological imperative. So you biology teacher is wrong, and there are scientific experiments that prove it if you want to do the research yourself.
    Yep. Human cells all over the body wear out and are replaced all the time (the average blood cell only lasts about four months for example). Your average person's physical potential peaks around 25, though performance can vary depending on the sport, but people can still do pretty impressive things well after that if they make a point to stay active and take care of themselves. As Yoga said, much of a person's degeneration overtime is due to lifestyle choices, both in physical activity and the lousy food we eat. A study came out recently that said the average American 19 year-old gets about as much physical activity as the average 60 year-old. Little wonder we've been seeing a rise in various diseases the past few years.

But if you're dedicated you can retain a lot of physical function. Use it or lose it is a saying for a reason. Here's a video of a 90 year-old woman doing gymnastics. She's in just as good a shape (or better!) than women a third her age.

How did Jean's thread become this

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jean had two cameos this week.
    one in spiderman renew your vows and other in multiple man. one was with Scott and Cable and the other was with Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Small graces. There are plenty more aggravating subjects we could be discussing. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    well we can start the shipping wars ....

well intetesting to know about the growth hormone. I need more sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Art is just wow. I hope Marvel let’s Carmen do more future projects esp those involving Jean.
    First X-Lady

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Art is just wow. I hope Marvel let’s Carmen do more future projects esp those involving Jean.
    Imagine if we had Carmen from the start. It could have been amazing, nothing againts asrar but Carmen was just better for this book.

The colorist is also killing it. That's probably my favorite rendition of Jean's hair in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Small graces. There are plenty more aggravating subjects we could be discussing. XD
    Would you like to begin the discussion of religion & politics? Principles of Chemistry can be a suitable alternative as well lol.

Carmen's art is very enjoyable. Still waiting for Jean's bulky shoulders to go away though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Would you like to begin the discussion of religion & politics? Principles of Chemistry can be a suitable alternative as well lol.

Carmen's art is very enjoyable. Still waiting for Jean's bulky shoulders to go away though.
    The whole costume should be tossed to the trash. It’s awful.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post

...okay, I'll bite.
    Where's the controversy in Principles of Chemistry?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    The whole costume should be tossed to the trash. ItÂ’s awful.
    LOL true.

I've been recently watching clips from all of the X-men movies.

I'd love to see Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, James Marsden, Hugh Jackman, Famke Janssen, Evan Peters, and some others from both versions all interact. No matter how impossible it would seem. I'm so tempted to begin some type of comic book where my universe takes and combines elements from 616, Ultimate, FOX, and the MCU (movies & shows). <3

Gambit, King of Thieves - I guess there's really no controversy. Just boring topics. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    ...okay, I'll bite.
    Where's the controversy in Principles of Chemistry?
    Where is the controversy in 90 years old woman doing an ironman? That it should really be called an ironwoman? That it's copyright infringement over a Marvel character?