Page 298 of 324 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 4846
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    haha

That is what gets me out of the Emma-Jean train love. Jean gonna always lose because writers think Emma get the unfair treatment while jean is always perfect, Emma is the underdog....
    There is no way it will be good for Jean, to this day it never was
    One of the things I appreciate about Morrison was the balance, Jean wasn't some horrible monster who harasses poor Emma. She was active and proactive both in her motivations, even then she consistently saved Emma.

I feel a lot of writers enjoy Emma's pragmatic attitude, what boggles the mind is how often they forget how multifaceted Jean is especially in her presence and how people view her.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    One of the things I appreciate about Morrison was the balance, Jean wasn't some horrible monster who harasses poor Emma. She was active and proactive both in her motivations, even then she consistently saved Emma.

I feel a lot of writers enjoy Emma's pragmatic attitude, what boggles the mind is how often they forget how multifaceted Jean is especially in her presence and how people view her.
    I liked that Taylor showed Jean being fun, like that moment that she gave Laura the look when she told about mermaids or when gabby told her about apace adventures.
    Jean can be multifaceted, almost like writers forget it. So much time dead does it

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I need to see Pepe be on whatever team book Jean is on after all this. She looks amazing.

I don't want to get negative but I am both happy and sad that X-men Red has ended. I think the book overall was good quality. It had a message and it had some meaning. I just hate how passive Jean has become. I hate the 90s den mother redux we are experiencing. In Uncanny Jean isn't much better yet, and I don't care so much about feats. I just want Jean portrayed and treated as powerful. Teen Jean was treated this way, but our Jean mostly just floats around while her telepathy barely works. But she does order others around. I guess the big change with current Jean is that she is finally an X-men field leader.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    ok...that "No Pressure" face was priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    On one hand, the Dark Phoenix Saga and the relationship between Jean and Phoenix needs some fixes, but on the otherz this isn't going to correct those things and will instead further transplant Jean's story onto someone else, probably a male.

Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnn boooooriiiiinnnng.
    Marvel history has already been destroyed many times. Retcin after retcon. Destruction if 616. If they take away any agency of Jean winning iver Dark Phoenix, then even with Jean back, its goodbye. Why not juddt leave it alone. I just think Marvel want to crap or retcon their old stories cos theyknow what they have now just doesnt stabd up to scrutiny, just doesnt have the depth of those bygone days. Maybe its just that “someine” stoped DP fromdoing even more thungs. When does DP film come oyt? Is it kust a cheap capitalisation on that?

We wont know till it happens, ut considering Marvels currentbtrack recird, im not c9nfident....

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    I do agree with other posters that Jean saves Jean. Scott did have part as the whole transition from Marvel Girl to Phoenix was about empowerment and the long saga was supposed to be their love song if I remember correctly. He played a part in reaching her humanity, but ultimately she saved herself.

But if that is all it is, hiw is Marveks histiry goin to be ldestroyedk? Its intriguing that the poster uses original art wirk too....

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    The issue is not so much that the plan doesn't make sense (it does), it's just that it makes for a very anticlimatic final battle where the main character doesn't do much besides resist for some time to stall.

In a superhero comic that stars Jean, a character with iconic coloring from her powers to her physical features, a fight that only has one splash page of her against Nova and not even an all-out TP/TK/astral plane battle (or just something interesting to look at/read about) just feels flat. It's like Taylor just wanted to tell us really badly how much we need to stop trolling on the internet and how much he loves Gabby instead of telling an engaging story.
    Story was SO Jean, but as a reader, even if we hadcseen a nassive osychic fight, which was the distraction, it would gave felt a littke kess anti climatic. Instill loved it, but can see peolles points. I wanna see some hard ass Jean. I wanna see Jean go on a journey as leader like Storm did, inwant tonsee Jean maje mistakes as a keader and kearn from them. But i dontbthink thatvwhat Red was for, so inwanna see it in Uncanny etc

Not when majority of writers think Emma is the underdog and should always win over Jean.
    So that is a no for me
    The key to a good rivalry is that you can't let one character come out on top all the time. Rivals implies equals - otherwise one person pulls away from the other and they aren't rivals anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The key to a good rivalry is that you can't let one character come out on top all the time. Rivals implies equals - otherwise one person pulls away from the other and they aren't rivals anymore.
    The thing is, other than a mutual dislike for each other, similar powers, and similar power levels, they aren't really rivals. It would be cool if they were, but all of their interactions were based around Scott, not each other. It's hard to classify it as a rivalry when they barely interact.

As much as most of you hate the Jeen solo, the interactions between Ghost Jean and Emma are some of the best the characters have ever had. It's clear they don't like each other, but they work together for a problem bigger than either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Never seen them as rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The thing is, other than a mutual dislike for each other, similar powers, and similar power levels, they aren't really rivals. It would be cool if they were, but all of their interactions were based around Scott, not each other. It's hard to classify it as a rivalry when they barely interact.

As much as most of you hate the Jeen solo, the interactions between Ghost Jean and Emma are some of the best the characters have ever had. It's clear they don't like each other, but they work together for a problem bigger than either of them.
    that is the worse example. Ghost Jean just validated every bad opinions of the fans and from Emma.

that is the worse example. Ghost Jean just validated every bad opinions of the fans and from Emma.
    I enjoyed it.

Ghost Jean showed a desperate Jean who was being annoyed by her younger self. She gave her enough free time and once she got frustrated she took charge.
    Note that the reason she was annoyed, was because person she was trying to save was ignoring her.

Once it seemed like she had out Jeen in trouble, she didn't act like she wasn't wrong. She accepted that she was wrong, but she also gave her reason for doing what she did.

With Emma, she acted like regular Emma, calling a tragedy of Jeans life her love story

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I want to see a Jean and Emma interaction someday that passes the Bechdel test.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"