Page 141 of 324 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 4846
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Except Xavier earned his ire. Scott did what exactly to invoke that level of hate? Made the world a better place with the P5 until the Avengers drove them dark? Unified mutantkind in Washington DC? Saved mutant lives from a cloud of death (what he world have done if he was there)?
    The story didn't really do a great job of showing this, but going around proclaiming that you are the only one who can protect your people while simultaneously promising easy fixes for all of society's problems is pretty much how every totalitarian despot in history rose to power. The problem is that the world is much more complicated than that, and just using extreme violence and coercion to cow everyone into submission always ends up causing more problems than it fixes. Even in the world of comics where simplistic solutions are made to work through leaps of logic, most of what Scott was doing made no sense, for example one does not simply "seal" tectonic fault lines and doing so would certainly be disastrous. The idea that Cyclops, the guy with perhaps the most damaged psyche in all of comics, would be the one person that could exercise absolute power wisely and responsibly is a bit hard to believe.

The era of color coded books are over and it feels like we will return to the original titles. I think there should just be three team books. Uncanny, Adjectless and X-Force. Unless they can come up with a real reason why we need 5-7 x-team books other than we have too many characters we need lots of books.
    Last edited by 5cents; 10-17-2018 at 03:42 AM.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The only real X-Men that are going to matter after Red are Kurt and Gambit and Storm aside from Jean, so there's barely any new friendship from Red that's going to last, if any...and I'd bet that Jean would have lead some team had she been at the mansion, and Jean is Jean, she didn't need her position to be elevated, it's elevated already because of who she is...for most of her time in Red Jean stayed away from the other X-Men and hid underwater...
    Is X-23 not an X-man? Nothing may not be done with Gabby, Gentle and Trinary, but those relationships are there should a writer choose to use them. Gambit, Storm and Kurt are rather significant. Her relationship with Rachel has also been strengthened by Red. Jean also forged new connections with Black Panther and Namor which give her a tie to the Avengers and outside Marvel

And yes Jean did need her status elevated. It would be a disservice to her to bring her back and just have her be simply another member of the group. She was gone for 14 years. I personally think she deserved a solo but a team book which served as a stealth solo where she was the undeniable lead character sufficed. Jean being a leader and global presence was the trajectory she was on prior to her death derailing that so Im grateful for Taylor for following through with that instead of having her stay a subordinate to Kitty at the mansion

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is X-23 not an X-man? Nothing may not be done with Gabby, Gentle and Trinary, but those relationships are there should a writer choose to use them. Gambit, Storm and Kurt are rather significant. Her relationship with Rachel has also been strengthened by Red. Jean also forged new connections with Black Panther and Namor which give her a tie to the Avengers and outside Marvel

And yes Jean did need her status elevated. It would be a disservice to her to bring her back and just have her be simply another member of the group. She was gone for 14 years. I personally think she deserved a solo but a team book which served as a stealth solo where she was the undeniable lead character sufficed. Jean being a leader and global presence was the trajectory she was on prior to her death derailing that so Im grateful for Taylor for following through with that instead of having her stay a subordinate to Kitty at the mansion
    I agree, she would need to be prominent member, a leader or Professor X replacement. And it's looking like Scott is coming, Jean better not be a supporting role when that happens.
    And I maybe one of the minority, but i do not want Scott back in Jean's life romantically,as an ex turned friends, yes.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Here's the issue while yes Scott did endure an extreme and prolonged unnecessary amount of hate. He was also the valued recipient of Marvel consistently and concurrently using him and his motivations to move him and the entire franchise. A simple perk most of the surrounding members did not, as far as Xavier is concerned the 00's was a blatant and fairly transparent editorial mandate to supplant Xavier with Scott.

Xavier's done plenty to deserve ire he did not need or at that point deserve the concerted effort to remove, replace, then kill him off unceremoniously. It's a two edged blade Scott's reputation suffers he's also been allotted more than his peers in development.
    And now Jean is in that place, being the at the center of everything it's adouble edged sword. i hope writers and editors don't mess up with Jean but i have no faith in marvel anymore. they will jump at any chance for cheap drama.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't want a Jean/Scott rebound relationship, either.
    That tired battleship, much like Piotr and Kitty's, has been bombed, gutted and sunk into the very bottom of the Mariana Trench. That, as well as the fact that no current writer (other than Kelly Thompson who should focus all her creative energy on Rogue and Gambit), in the X-office can actually write an engaging relationship.

I'm just waiting to see what happens after the Diss/AoX shytshows to see where they put Jean and what singular titles are given.

I was so hyped but to be honest all of this Age of X-man stuff seems a bit more boring each day to me. Even if Jean is leading i may skip it.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-17-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    And now Jean is in that place, being the at the center of everything it's adouble edged sword. i hope writers and editors don't mess up with Jean but i have no faith in marvel anymore. they will jump at any chance for cheap drama.
    I pray they got it all out of their system ie turning heroes a bit more dark/controversial and are letting heroes be heroes and hopefully all the people who wanted that have left the x-office.
    First X-Lady

I hope soo. I'm sick of antiheroes and edgyness. Also it's cool to see heroes beating challenges but it's not cool when everybody is a broken mess. I didn't like it when it happened to scott i hope that doesn't happen to Jean.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-17-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Attachment 72452

Can’t wait to see the full version

From the Betsy thread: starting to color this piece and I love the hues they're choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I was hoping the same but...with the Disassembled rubbish followed by AoX garbage I think that's the last we'll see of them for the while.
    Whi is Disassembled rubbish and AoX garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Red will be a one of those x-men must read. I think Taylor's job was to bring Jean back into the x-fold. I hope he will be invited back.

In the mean while Asrar is still drawing Jean.

Thats stunning.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Whi is Disassembled rubbish and AoX garbage?
    The titles are based off of previous events...Avengers Disassembled and Age of Apocalypse. And I personally dislike that theme 'appropriation' trend Marvel is on.
    Plus, nothing I've read of them really interests me...granted, there's not much to go by...which makes it even more uninteresting. And I wish they'd just given us a simple reboot where we get three core X-Men books, a satellite book or two and some solos. Instead of inundating us with two ten-book, weekly events.

The titles are based off of previous events...Avengers Disassembled and Age of Apocalypse. And I personally dislike that theme 'appropriation' trend Marvel is on.
    Plus, nothing I've read of them really interests me...granted, there's not much to go by...which makes it even more uninteresting. And I wish they'd just given us a simple reboot where we get three core X-Men books, a satellite book or two and some solos. Instead of inundating us with two ten-book, weekly events.
    No they're not. Its too early to say anything about AoXm, but e've been given a bit about Dissassembled and it looks nothing like Avengers Dissassembled. They only share a title in common

The name recycling is eye-rolling, but I am intrigued to see what's actually happening in UXM. I just hope they do something that moves the franchise (and Jean, my fave) forward in an intelligent and relevant way, which is something it's been lacking for some time.