Page 31 of 324 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    This cover is beautiful and basically tells us who the main characters of this event are likely to be.
    I think it's meant as like, the young O5 are the main characters... So here's a variant with their older versions. Jean's probably the only one of the adult ones who has a relevant role, so yeah she's the focus accordingly.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I prefer the sleek, more streamlined way Cho illustrates the shoulder pads, arm and knee guards on that cover to how Asrar, Larraz and others draw them.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it's meant as like, the young O5 are the main characters... So here's a variant with their older versions. Jean's probably the only one of the adult ones who has a relevant role, so yeah she's the focus accordingly.
    Brisson has been very candid about the fact that the adult Iceman is apparently going to have a prominent role as well, at least.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extermination #2 Variant by Frank Cho
    Love Frank Cho's covers. I've also met the man in person at NYCC. He's an awesome guy and his covers are always worth collecting.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I prefer the sleek, more streamlined way Cho illustrates the shoulder pads, arm and knee guards on that cover to how Asrar, Larraz and others draw them.
    I prefer the shoulder pads like this too, for sure. No bulkiness! The arms/boots though I prefer by Asrar and co. Cho added more of those... Idk, patterns(?) on them, while Asrar draws the arms all smooth and the boots with less of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Brisson has been very candid about the fact that the adult Iceman is apparently going to have a prominent role as well, at least.
    Oh, that's good to hear. With lil Bobby being captured I thought there would be pretty much no Iceman on this.

Spectacular Member

Todd Nauck's Return of Wolverine variant cover.

An X-BBQ. Now that's what I'm talking about. Jean and Storm look hawt in their ripped jeans and skinny fit tops. And Wolverine is at least putting his heated claws to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Given some peoples misguided obsession with FEATZ! what are some things you'd like to see our recently resurrected Jean do?
    I have a looong list.....

Jean/Cable moments. I'm really looking forward to Jean meeting younger Cable. She had to say goodbye when he was 12 and then met him again as an adult older than her. I'm not sure how old younger Cable is but he looks really young- maybe late teens so quite a bit younger than Jean. I think their interaction will be very different from Jean/Cable because if young Cable is as young as I think he is, at that age children still need their parents no matter how much they think they don't.

Jean/Storm moments. Like that BBQ. I can see them taking over the kitchen.

Interact with superheroes outside the X-Men. The Typhoid Mary crossover and even Namor's presence in Red is a good start.

A hot sexy fling. She deserves it after not getting any for months then getting dumped before she died.

Another inspiring speech. Like the one she gave in NXM or even the one in her wedding issue when she tells Prof. X that there's nothing else in the world she'd rather be than a mutant if it lets her dance with him.

Jean/Logan reunion. I'm not shipping them together but I really want to see them catch up. She died. He mourned. He named a school after her. He had a serious relationship with her best friend. He died. She came back. He's coming back. So much has happened.

Jean, Cable, Rachel on the same baseball team.

Jean vs. Cassie Nova. I want a full on grubby fight with each of them digging up each other black bug rooms. For me, the best telepathic battles are the ones that give you insight into the inner workings of the characters by exploring their mindscapes, particularly what drives their behavior - i.e. what is behind their fear and greed.

Jean looks ridiculous with those giant boobs on that Cho cover.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Bruh. That's like below D cup.

And he basically said "F**k those armpads."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Given some peoples misguided obsession with FEATZ! what are some things you'd like to see our recently resurrected Jean do?
    1. Put Cassandra DOWN!

2. Have an epic battle with lots of power effects.

3. Catch up with Logan

4. Get panel time with Storm that further canonizes their friendship.

5. Build an ongoing frienemy relationship with Magneto. I've wanted this forever.

6. Have a story arc focused on her where she takes a couple of Ls, but wins in the end. Looks like Tom Taylor may be handling this.

7. Build all-new relationships with characters that debuted or came to prominence after she died: Kitty, X-23, Quentin Quire, Idie, Magik,

8. Solidify relationships with characters she is already supposed to know: the aforementioned Storm, Iceman, Beast, Kurt

9. Leave Scemma in the past and develop connections to other characters for once.

10. Not die for once.

11. Get a new beau

12. Make grandiose threats to her enemies that result in amazing quotables like the "screaming, traumatized, atoms" line.

13. Be part of an "X-women go out on the town, get attacked" story.

14. Not encounter any more clones of herself or any children from the future.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Jean looks ridiculous with those giant boobs on that Cho cover.
    Thankfully, I'm not the only one she looks atrocious in that photo, something is wrong with the costume. Can't put my finger on it but there are several better depictions.

So, I haven't read AXM Annual yet, and with all of my biases aside can someone give me context as to how/why "X" was capable of mindwiping a newly resurrected Jean Grey? Again, I have no context but I'm sorry and especially at the point no one of her telepathic class should be able to do anything to her mind without permission or her realizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Thankfully, I'm not the only one she looks atrocious in that photo, something is wrong with the costume. Can't put my finger on it but there are several better depictions.

So, I haven't read AXM Annual yet, and with all of my biases aside can someone give me context as to how/why "X" was capable of mindwiping a newly resurrected Jean Grey? Again, I have no context but I'm sorry and especially at the point no one of her telepathic class should be able to do anything to her mind without permission or her realizing it.
    He just does it, there isn't quite a scene or a fight. There's like one panel of him with his hands on his head on the same place as them but a bit far ahead saying ****, and next thing we see is a scene of them doing the whole "O5 reunion" thing again like at the beginning, but this time to celebrate instead.

He just does it, there isn't quite a scene or a fight. There's like one panel of him with his hands on his head on the same place as them but a bit far ahead saying ****, and next thing we see is a scene of them doing the whole "O5 reunion" thing again like at the beginning, but this time to celebrate instead.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, keep Rosenberg as far away from Jean as possible. Who cares about feats, or power displays but Jean should be more capable which is my biggest fear for her, and personally I've always had an issue with telepaths casually mindwiping each other if anyone should expect something it should be them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I've said it once and I'll say it again, keep Rosenberg as far away from Jean as possible. Who cares about feats, or power displays but Jean should be more capable which is my biggest fear for her, and personally I've always had an issue with telepaths casually mindwiping each other if anyone should expect something it should be them.
    I don't mind Jean not being totally infallible, but Rosenberg didn't present a reason she would be distracted or off-guard so that someone could just slip in. Worse, the story is another generic "Xavier is evil" story that also happens to effectively make the entire concept of the X-Men about child soldiers forced into the life. It's awful.

And I just don't think Rosenberg is that into Jean. Maybe as a function of Scott's but independently? Nah.

I just hope Brisson and Thompson work in some nice character and triumphant moments for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I don't mind Jean not being totally infallible, but Rosenberg didn't present a reason she would be distracted or off-guard so that someone could just slip in. Worse, the story is another generic "Xavier is evil" story that also happens to effectively make the entire concept of the X-Men about child soldiers forced into the life. It's awful.

And I just don't think Rosenberg is that into Jean. Maybe as a function of Scott's but independently? Nah.

I just hope Brisson and Thompson work in some nice character and triumphant moments for her.

It's more than that, and maybe it's not Rosenberg but his style it's very cynical and that's not Jean yet it's the way he chooses to see her. It's why for me the little I've seen of his Jean I don't personally enjoy his portrayal.

Another issue is Jean's telepathy has not been as developed as other X-telepaths, which is why many times she's duped by other psychics when she should be more prepared. I hate to bring up Emma but one of the more consistent things across writers is how skilled she is as a telepath very rarely is she so easily duped, if Emma's in a story with an antagonistic psychic you can bet she'll have the entire team covered on that front. This isn't a good sign in my opinion simply because she hasn't been back a full year and already a version of Xavier can easily make her as well as the 04 forget and it isn't a bigger story point.

I do think Rosenberg doesn't "get" Jean in the same way Taylor for example does, but I don't have a problem with his Jean. I think people are blowing this out of proportion. I read the Annual and I didn't think anything of that scene. I think it's dumb to make this situation about petty "Who's stronger" arguments like people in here like to do.