Page 84 of 324 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 4846
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    You haft to tread lightly though or else you slowly start to lose yourself and become what you were trying to fight against. Did things go well for Pru?

That or he’s lost control of his powers.
    This Madrox is most likely the king dupe from the Multiple Man series. Madrox has some dupes that never got killed. That's what they're using.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think in general Taylor is just much more interested on the TP side of her powers than the TK.
    I actually preferred that approach for nothing else than, Jean's telepathy has been incredibly under used compared to her TK. Although, I too can't wait to see her cut loose telekinetically, I hate to return to the well but I truly thought Morrison balanced her expertise in telepathy/telekinesis rather well.

I could ink.
    Except for, you know, all the parts that make it not tracing.
    But if you just need somebody to trace over lines? I could do a mediocre, mediocre job at that.
    Man artists are good.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I love how after it looked like Jean was never coming back she is everywhere right now!!!
    front and center.
    I hope Marvel treats her better and takes wiser choices than what they did with Kitty. The kitty's push failed hard and did more damage to the character to the point some people are burned out.

You haft to tread lightly though or else you slowly start to lose yourself and become what you were trying to fight against. Did things go well for Pru?

That or he’s lost control of his powers.
    Poor Pru. She'll always be my favorite Halliwell. At least she didn't stay dead once the show was continued in the comics medium, like Buffy and Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I love how after it looked like Jean was never coming back she is everywhere right now!!!
    front and center.
    I hope Marvel treats her better and takes wiser choices than what they did with Kitty. The kitty's push failed hard and did more damage to the character to the point some people are burned out.
    I'm hoping that Marvel doesn't go overboard with Jean like they did with Kitty.

Marvel is already doing better with Jean bc she is written as respecting and valuing her team and not being an obnoxious bitch to them. I really hated how Kitty would talk to and treat those she ordered around and unfortunately that wasnt something limited to Gold as its been consistently portrayed in other series like Rogue and Gambit, Iceman, Mystery in Madripoor, etc...

I don’t think they will go over board with Jean. Her return was only 5 issues and done. Wolverine’s return though I’m not even sure how many issues and tie ends there have been but he’s not even back yet. I hear he’s appearing in Thor and FF4 too.
    First X-Lady

I don’t think they will go over board with Jean. Her return was only 5 issues and done. Wolverine’s return though I’m not even sure how many issues and tie ends there have been but he’s not even back yet. I hear he’s appearing in Thor and FF4 too.
    Jean's return has been limited to PR and X-men Red for the most part. I'm glad she's in Extermination because she really hasn't been shown much. I think once they dump teen Jean, the adult can start appearing more across the Marvel Universe.

Wolverine's return is just ridiculous. Wake me up when he finally reunites with the X-men.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Wolvie is a different case in a way that he can be everywhere but somehow don't derail the story. He rarely is the focus on team books, his stories are told in his solo. In teams he is support for other characters and cashcow.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Marvel is already doing better with Jean bc she is written as respecting and valuing her team and not being an obnoxious bitch to them. I really hated how Kitty would talk to and treat those she ordered around and unfortunately that wasnt something limited to Gold as its been consistently portrayed in other series like Rogue and Gambit, Iceman, Mystery in Madripoor, etc...
    I just think they shot themselves in the foot by appointing Kitty as the leader and then not knowing how to make her convey authority when there are at least 10 people who would be better suited for that position. Thus, a preachy, sometimes-naggy character became annoying at best all-out bitchy at worst.

I have to say, I LOVE the Charmed referencing in this thread, lol! I don't think Prue ever really went through a long-standing 'He Who Fights Monsters' arc of over one episode (that was Phoebe's deal, and far too many times, at that,) it was more that the issues on set basically led to the character being amputated from the show, which will forever be a shame.

I have actually always seen Jean as more of a mix between Prue and Piper: forceful but kind, motherly but firm if necessary, natural leader (though not outright bossy), etc., and Prue's powers are all Jean, obviously.

(Damn, all this talk just reminds me how not excited I am for the reboot, lol.)

man, it's been SO LONG since I've seen Charmed.
    Used to watch it with my mom sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    man, it's been SO LONG since I've seen Charmed.
    Used to watch it with my mom sometimes.
    It's go-to rerun gold for networks, apparently.

And on the topic of Jean's potentially being everywhere: I suppose Uncanny will be the REAL test. She'll be front and center for 10 weeks on a flagship book, so we'll see if 3 writers + (sleeping) editors can pull it off without many problems.

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    It's go-to rerun gold for networks, apparently.

And on the topic of Jean's potentially being everywhere: I suppose Uncanny will be the REAL test. She'll be front and center for 10 weeks on a flagship book, so we'll see if 3 writers + (sleeping) editors can pull it off without many problems.
    Don't watch much network TV these days. Football and Netflix, really.

I want to see Jean's TP explored, like team-link, going deep into someone's mind to retrieve information, reading thoughts without the person knowing and some powerful TP bolts!