Page 17 of 324 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I just read Extermination and the Astonishing annual. Extermination has both Jean's in it and people who like the relationship between Jean and Cable might have mixed feelings about this issue, because I did. Astonishing was alright but it was more about X and proving that he's not a total jerkass than Jean or the others.
    Are they worth reading? Would u say there’s good potential for Extermination ? or were the chapters boring?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Are they worth reading? Would u say there’s good potential for Extermination ? or were the chapters boring?
    Astonishing is a pretty decent read and it proves that there's still a bit of the old Xavier in X, and it has some pretty huge connections to some pretty old continuity.

Extermination seems like it's going to be very good and both Jean's seem like they're going to be very important for the larger story. As a fan of the relationship between Jean and Cable, even though this issue wasn't what I expected from this mini-series, I was pleased with the way that Jean was written.

Either way I'd recommend both of them. If Taylor leaves, Jean is in good hands with all three of the new Uncanny writers.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Just read Extermination #1. Won't spoil it, but there are multiple moments with multiple Jean Greys that make it worth buying.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That is a bit too revealing...but Jean would rock it
    Atlanteans dress in outfits that look like swimsuits. It's like wearing a bikini at the beach and Jean has worn bikinis many times. Namor is the king and he struts around in Speedos lol.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He said that he heard the tilt on her pelvis and that she was attracted to him. Jean didn't questioned him about that.
    He was flirting with her saying her body language was telling him she was too attracted to him to let him die. She didn't flirt back. It actually made her angrier. It's like an overconfident guy unsuccessfully using cheesy pick up lines on a girl in a bar. This looks like the opposite of her being attracted to him.

Astonishing is a pretty decent read and it proves that there's still a bit of the old Xavier in X, and it has some pretty huge connections to some pretty old continuity.

Extermination seems like it's going to be very good and both Jean's seem like they're going to be very important for the larger story. As a fan of the relationship between Jean and Cable, even though this issue wasn't what I expected from this mini-series, I was pleased with the way that Jean was written.

Either way I'd recommend both of them.
    Excited to read both. I love both Jean and Cable and their relationship. Hope they did it justice.

If Taylor leaves, Jean is in good hands with all three of the new Uncanny writers.
    Even KT? Reading that quote on the Uncanny thread where she called Jean a pedestal character while saying pedestal characters are boring and her enthusiastic gushing over Scemma made me sick to the stomach. She's obviously not a Jean fan. Still fully expect her to sideline Jean and shove Scemma down throats if she's handed the franchise. Barf. I'm open to changing my mind bur haven't seen anything on her twitter that would make me think otherwise. In fact, her twitter account reinforces my assumptions.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

There were just mentions but it was cool to see Jean worried for her boy. Rachel should be so jealous.

Incredible Member

Oh great ..In the Astonishing X-Men Annual

[spoiler]
    Jean gets a whole day's memory erased by X
    [/spoiler]
    Last edited by raidensix; 08-15-2018 at 05:48 AM.

Extermination was good. Jean doesn't do a lot in the annual

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Oh great ..In the Astonishing X-Men Annual

[spoiler]
    Jean gets a whole day's memory erased by X
    [/spoiler]
    So Jean was overpowered by X?!?!?!?!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    So Jean was overpowered by X?!?!?!?!
    Not just Jean, the remaining adult O5 got mind-wiped at the same time and they were all wide-awake at the time.

Incredible Member

It was good to see the writer acknowledge the relationships between Cable/Rachel and Cable/Adult Jean. For teen Jean and teen Scott, it's just knowledge to them with no real emotional connection.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Not just Jean, the remaining adult O5 got mind-wiped at the same time and they were all wide-awake at the time.
    hmmm...ok, just read it. It seems X did more than just that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    hmmm...ok, just read it. It seems X did more than just that.
    Yeah, I wanted to avoid the behavioral modification part. I find it just hard to believe X was able to easily do that to adult Jean. Puts it right there wit No-Girl erasing Spider-Man's secret identity from Rachel.
    Last edited by raidensix; 08-15-2018 at 06:41 AM.

this issue kinda sold me on Jean and Warren again but the way Rosenberg wrote it, she'd just be fulfilling Psylocke's role in easing his dark side

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Jean is on the WARPATH and I love it.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Fantastic Member

Haven't read Astonishing yet but the Spoiler doesn't surprise me. I think a recurring weaknesses for Jean, is being caught off-guard. It happened with Magneto/Xorn, it happened with Cassandra Nova in X-Men Red #1 and those are people she doesn't trust.

I'm just glad Jean is getting good writing under Rosenberg and Bisson. K. Thompson has made her feelings on Jean clear and Seanan McGuire (X-Gol Annual) is very open with her loathing for the Jean Grey character.