Page 238 of 324 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 4846
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    No, this whole "they are in love with the idea, not the woman" applies to everybody but Scott and Logan. Jean is an attractive and charismatic woman, every hetero man would want a shot to a relationship with her. It's easy for most males to fall in love or develop a crush with her in no time. they could literally pair Jean with any other character because loving her is easy, there is no reason not to love her.

Meanwhile for as much drama that there has been with Scott or Logan, both relationships go way beyond that. For example Logan cares about Jean even though she has rejected him and chose other guy, keep caring about her even though she chose another guy is a clear sign of genuine and inconditional affection. On Scott side, he is probably the person who has know Jean the longer and more intimate than anybody else, he has also lived with her the best and most horrible moments on her life through the different periods of her life cycle. So Scott isn't just in love with the idea, he knows the woman.

Again, falling in love with Jean is easy but is the difficulties and even the drama what shows more than just sexual attraction. Sexual attraction is the easiest and cheapest base for a relationship.

Every other guy besides these two is in love with the idea of Jean. Because they don't know her like these guys or haven't deal with the ugly parts of love.
    Not every heterosexual man wants to be with Jean Grey. Not even in the X-Men. Gambit married Rogue, because it was Rogue he truly loves.

The idea of every man liking Jean came from the o5 era in which she was the ONLY female X-Man and one of the few female mutants.

Colossus loved and got screwed over by Kitty. He has never wanted a relationship with Jean. Nightcrawler may have been with Rachel, but he has never wanted a romantic relationship with Jean. Neither has Longshot. After they got to be around other women, neither Beast nor Angel wanted a relationship with Jean either.

Thank god Marvel stop portraying her as the ideal wife. She's a nice person and she is pretty, but every man does not want Jean Grey. That was a horrible idea left over from the time when she was the token woman on the team.

Notice Jean Grey was able to have working relationships with the Black Panther, with Namor, and able to team up with the Avengers without all the guys trying to sleep with her?

It really cheapens the male characters too to act like Jean is the only woman in the universe, which hasn't really been done in decades prays Jesus.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Ugh, i would hate everybody lusting for Jean, thanks goodness it isn't happening. I'm just saying that she is a really good partner for literally anybody (which is true). The romantic problems she has had in the past were mostly about Scott messing up and not Jean doing something wrong.

I'm explaining why i think Scott or Logan go beyond the "they love the idea of Jean, not the woman herself". Maybe i didn't illustrate my point of view clearly or used a bad example.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-18-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Not every heterosexual man wants to be with Jean Grey. Not even in the X-Men. Gambit married Rogue, because it was Rogue he truly loves.

The idea of every man liking Jean came from the o5 era in which she was the ONLY female X-Man and one of the few female mutants.

Colossus loved and got screwed over by Kitty. He has never wanted a relationship with Jean. Nightcrawler may have been with Rachel, but he has never wanted a romantic relationship with Jean. Neither has Longshot. After they got to be around other women, neither Beast nor Angel wanted a relationship with Jean either.

Thank god Marvel stop portraying her as the ideal wife. She's a nice person and she is pretty, but every man does not want Jean Grey. That was a horrible idea left over from the time when she was the token woman on the team.

Notice Jean Grey was able to have working relationships with the Black Panther, with Namor, and able to team up with the Avengers without all the guys trying to sleep with her?

It really cheapens the male characters too to act like Jean is the only woman in the universe, which hasn't really been done in decades prays Jesus.
    IA with this. Its false to say every guy wants Jean. There isnt enough evidence to support that

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    Or saying "I like Jean better when she's a beautiful arm candy rather than a strong independent leader". Which is so wrong and offensive.
    No cos with Scott and Tyke or Jean and Jeen they are different characters completeky, the O5 time here has changed them fundamentally. So the comparisons are valid. What you are comparing is different writings of the same character., and women being portrayed as arm candy is offensive. But when has Jean really been portrayed like that anyway?

I lust after Hean and Im a gay man!

Anyway have Marvel confirmed that Scott is def coming back (like they dud wuth Jean, Prof X and Logan) or is this all still ppitless supposition?

So much enery is wasted in here on Scott and Jean or Scott and Emma etc, and then being negative about it, and, instead of being HAPPY Jean is back. Comic fans really are fickle. I thought PR was okay, yes I wished it had focussed more on Jean throughout and much less on Kitty and OML.

But she IS back.

If Scott dies come back, the very basis of their relationship has changed, it cant be the same as before.

You're so right. Jean is alive after it looked like she was gone forever. We should be happy.
    her being alive is what matters, more than with who she is or isn't.

Well said the two of you

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I guess this was my fault, i didn't think some people would get so sensitive for liking or disliking a different version of a character. I apologize but now it's better to move the topic to something more Jean related.

You have nothing to apologize for!

Call me cruel, or uncaring but I can't and I won't with Cyke fans complaining the irony of such fits of rage ESPECIALLY in regards to Jean Grey or her fans is almost laughable to me!

BANNED

It is very laughable. The most catered-to group of fans is always complaining.

Besides, who cares if they say something negative about Jean? Not everyone is going to like her.

Frankly, when certain personality types dislike her, that's a sign that the character is being written at least close to correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Frankly, when certain personality types dislike her, that's a sign that the character is being written at least close to correctly.
    Reminds me of that time people were bitching about Trinary stealing from rich men to give to women in protest of pay inequality lol.

No, this whole "they are in love with the idea, not the woman" applies to everybody but Scott and Logan. Jean is an attractive and charismatic woman, every hetero man would want a shot to a relationship with her. It's easy for most males to fall in love or develop a crush with her in no time. they could literally pair Jean with any other character because loving her is easy, there is no reason not to love her.

Meanwhile for as much drama that there has been with Scott or Logan, both relationships go way beyond that. For example Logan cares about Jean even though she has rejected him and chose other guy, keep caring about her even though she chose another guy is a clear sign of genuine and inconditional affection. On Scott side, he is probably the person who has know Jean the longer and more intimate than anybody else, he has also lived with her the best and most horrible moments on her life through the different periods of her life cycle. So Scott isn't just in love with the idea, he knows the woman.

Again, falling in love with Jean is easy but is the difficulties and even the drama what shows more than just sexual attraction. Sexual attraction is the easiest and cheapest base for a relationship.

Every other guy besides these two is in love with the idea of Jean. Because they don't know her like these guys or haven't deal with the ugly parts of love.
    Scott had a psych rapport with Jean,.so he really knoes her. That makes Morrison run even weirder.
    Logan has a long friendship with Jean, but I still think he idealizes Her. It is part of the nature of Jean being a impossible love for him

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

What I think she wanted to say is that it's really easy to fall in love with Jean, she's not perfect but she's close, most of the men I know, including me, it would not be difficult to fall in love with Jean, obviously not all the characters in the comics or in this case the X-men fell in love with her, some of them seeing that she was in a relationship respected that, others already had a partner or fell in love with another person.

By the way, Gambit has not fallen in love with Jean but remember the kiss of him with the cyborg Jean in the early 90's? and this...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Reminds me of that time people were bitching about Trinary stealing from rich men to give to women in protest of pay inequality lol.
    Lol Yes, great comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    I lust after Hean and Im a gay man!

Anyway have Marvel confirmed that Scott is def coming back (like they dud wuth Jean, Prof X and Logan) or is this all still ppitless supposition?

So much enery is wasted in here on Scott and Jean or Scott and Emma etc, and then being negative about it, and, instead of being HAPPY Jean is back. Comic fans really are fickle. I thought PR was okay, yes I wished it had focussed more on Jean throughout and much less on Kitty and OML.

But she IS back.

If Scott dies come back, the very basis of their relationship has changed, it cant be the same as before.
    Yes, Scott's back in January's UXM annual and is then the focus of issues 11 and 12.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

What is the name of the Ororo/Jean ship?
    _____tumblr_pgsvxqNaus1su4mqio1_500.jpg