Page 22 of 324 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    At the end of the day it doesn't matter if KT likes/dislikes Jean. Writers are professionals hired to do their best to tell a story, i'm sure she will do her best to write Jean regardless of her much greater love for emma.
    Tell that to Morrison.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    Tell that to Morrison.
    My sentiments exactly. The character GM associated with his ex was killed off and the one he associated with his present got to ascend to character prominence for a decade. Both KT and Seanan cite Emma as being the love of Scott's life and Jean as the love of his youth. Hmm? I wonder where they got an idea like that. Rosenberg wrote a Resurrection story that actually MOVED non-Jean fans. I can't count the number of posts and reviews that praised not just her reunion (Goodbye with Scott) but also her speech to the Phoenix.

As for the Annual, it doesn't bother me that Xavier was able to mindwipe Jean. He's got a lot of experience on her and people can be surprised on occasion. I don't want "Jean the invincible." And this also lines up with how she has been able to center herself in RED. Jean lost a lot even before she died. She came back to discover she had lost even more. She was angry and bitter, as anyone would be. I was surprised we didn't see this in RED, now I know why. I think it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Rosenberg claims to like Jean but so far his Jean has been unbelievably passive.
    He loves the 90s Jean that was more reserved it seems. Im really glad Brisson is also on UXM bc I liked his Jean in Extermination. I also liked what KT had to say about her. Its too bad Taylor couldnt round out that trio

eta #3 cover.

WTF has he done with Jean's hair?
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-16-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    Tell that to Morrison.
    tell that to Remender
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Well... not always. In the very beginning of X-Men, Charles was a glorified radar device, and Jean was the rescue victim because girls. It wasn't until later that they steadily boosted the power of TP and TK, but the power never leveled off, instead rising at the meteoric rate it has until we get where we are today, where at least 3 telepaths are in the 10 most dangerous X-Men, and you can definitely argue for more.
    Yeah, it's true in the earliest of issues, but I do recall it not being too long before Charles pulled some head scratching telepathic stunts that even today wouldn't make sense. I wish I could remember the issue numbers but once Charles "thought" into a machine to find it's weak-point so Cyclops could aim at it. I think he mindblasted a few sentinels too.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if KT likes/dislikes Jean. Writers are professionals hired to do their best to tell a story,(...)
    Com'on, why do you think they are writing comics instead of something else?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    tell that to Remender
    Where that come from?

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    tell that to Remender
    Remender disliked Jean?
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-16-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    As for the Annual, it doesn't bother me that Xavier was able to mindwipe Jean.
    What really bother me is that Xavier doesn't show any compassion or understanding for the O5 sentiments and plight. He could have acknowledged that they suffered because of what he made them go through but that it was needed and that it was for the greater good. Instead, he doesn't seems to have any remorse and sound downright condescending.

Maybe the author wanted to write a pep talk story from the X-Men old mentor. If that's the case, he totally failed: Xavier come out utterly cold and remorseless. And that's not even taking into account his mental manipulations. But then maybe the writer wanted to turn Xavier into a kind of monster after all.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    What really bother me is that Xavier doesn't show any compassion or understanding for the O5 sentiments and plight. He could have acknowledged that they suffered because of what he made them go through but that it was needed and that it was for the greater good. Instead, he doesn't seems to have any remorse and sound downright condescending.

Maybe the author wanted to write a pep talk story from the X-Men old mentor. If that's the case, he totally failed: Xavier come out utterly cold and remorseless. And that's not even taking into account his mental manipulations. But then maybe the writer wanted to turn Xavier into a kind of monster after all.
    I think the purpose of the annual was to teach the O4 to stop the pity party. A necessary lesson he had to teach them in a hard way.

i'm not a fan of Xavier as a douchebag but sadly this is the angle marvel is pushing.
    I miss the noble xavier.

I think the purpose of the annual was to teach the O4 to stop the pity party. A necessary lesson he had to teach them in a hard way.
    Yeah, maybe that was the intent. But that's not how it come out, at least not to me. It sounds like if Xavier doesn't care and never cared for the X-Men. That they weren't people to him, just tools to reach his goals. "You never had a normal life and you suffered because of what I made you do? So what? Stop complaining and continue to do your job!". No excuses, no remorse, no understanding,...

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Yeah, maybe that was the intent. But that's not how it come out, at least not to me. It sounds like if Xavier doesn't care and never cared for the X-Men. That they weren't people to him, just tools to reach his goals. "You never had a normal life and you suffered because of what I made you do? So what? Stop complaining and continue to do your job!". No excuses, no remorse, no understanding,...
    To be fair, he also said that he hoped that they could find some level of happyness in spite of the horrible things that they went througth. So he did care, but he is still an ******* about it, is a mess up version of tougth love. And to be clear, i don't like or support what X did, is just my interpretation of the whole thing.

Mighty Member

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if KT likes/dislikes Jean. Writers are professionals hired to do their best to tell a story, i'm sure she will do her best to write Jean regardless of her much greater love for emma.
    It's less that than what the editors let her get away with. In other words, Kelly Thompson isn't the gatekeeper; Jordan White and his editors are.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Resilient hope in the face of unimaginable resistance is central to the narrative I love about these characters. These sorts of shortcuts cheapen that narrative to the point of irrelevance.
    Amen. And welcome back.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I just went to my comic shop to pick up my copy of Extermination, but they were out, so I had to go to a different one, where I had the following conversation.

Me, noticing a Phoenix Resurrection box: How much for the box?
    Clerk: $12.75
    Me: Oh, i thought it was going to be more like thirty. Now I’m trying to come up with reasons I need a box.
    Clerk: They’re for comics. You put your comics in them.
    Me, knowing full well there is nothing wrong with keeping my comics in those magazine holder things I have at home: *plunks box down on the counter*

Because Jean, ya know?
    I’ll definitely have to see if I can find any back issues of that once I get some more cash.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"