Page 128 of 324 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 4846

I think Jean and phoenix need to kept separate for a while. There's nothing special about the phoenix these days. Every writer seems to want to write their own phoenix story and they always disregard whatever the last writer did. Everything about it is too convoluted

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I think Jean and phoenix need to kept separate for a while. There's nothing special about the phoenix these days. Every writer seems to want to write their own phoenix story and they always disregard whatever the last writer did. Everything about it is too convoluted
    If used properly then it can be as special as it once was.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    i agree. The phoenix entity needs to stay away from Jean for a while. Let Jean grow and be badass on her own.
    So her feats would be her own and stop people from saying..."oh that's because of the phoenix"...oh that's because she has Psylocks telepathy crap.

I know people will say but she has done amazing things without the phoenix....let's face it, the phoenix has overshadowed everything else she did in pretty much everyone's eyes. The whole 'did she or did she not have phoenix then' discussion is exhausting.

I just want Rosenberg's work on PR stick for a while and I mean a looooong while.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Phoenix will always define Jean. And makes her special because in the end its her evolution.

Really love this!!

I just wish editorial would put its foot down and stick to a version of the Phoenix mythos. I hope PR sticks for now, while Aaron does his thing over at Avengers.

Also, that cover is amazing.

Also also, yeah, the Asrar cotume needs to go. If it getting drawn well is an exception and not the rule, there's a problem. Give me the Jean Colors (anything in the yellow/gold-to-red scale and/or green, with a pink power signature) any day, please!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Though I have a fondness of how her power was often portrayed in the 80's and early 90s when it was this blasting pink blobs - or at least that is what I always called it
    I have a great fondness for the pink aura, too! That's when I first saw Jean, so it's my default image for how her TK should look.

Phoenix will always define Jean. And makes her special because in the end its her evolution.

Really love this!!

With Phoenix beimg given to everyone, its kinda of diminshed. I like to think now that Jean defines Phoenix, the Phoenix needs Jean more than Jean needs Phoenix.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Really love this!!

Beautiful cover. Love Frank Cho's art.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    With Phoenix beimg given to everyone, its kinda of diminshed. I like to think now that Jean defines Phoenix, the Phoenix needs Jean more than Jean needs Phoenix.
    I think PR really expressed that in a way that didn't really read as meta until you pointed this out, lol. Them using the Force so frequently and so all over the place has not done it any favors.

Little Jean-Phoenix by Yale Stewart

humor

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Finally a cover where everyone looks great, IMO! Love the expressions and hair on the ladies, and Jean's costume looks decent, lol. How many variants are there already, though? Is there ever too much in these circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Finally a cover where everyone looks great, IMO! Love the expressions and hair on the ladies, and Jean's costume looks decent, lol. How many variants are there already, though? Is there ever too much in these circumstances?
    Everyone but Jubilee in that poorly outdated costume. I like the way Finch draws Jean's costume but she's too skinny here IMO. Iceman too. Kurt seems to be missing the X on his costume

Wow didn’t think I’d see Finch draw Jean so soon.
    First X-Lady

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Everyone but Jubilee in that poorly outdated costume. I like the way Finch draws Jean's costume but she's too skinny here IMO. Iceman too. Kurt seems to be missing the X on his costume
    Laura also seems to be missing the X.
    And the rest of her costume.
    And herself.
    I think this is the first cover I’ve seen without her.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"